Ratings for Dr. Karyn Richardson

I never wait and I love how the system is set up that I can call, talk to a Nurse and start action on a problem before I even see Dr Richardson.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I love Dr. Richardson, she's the first and only doctor who has ever worked with me to resolve problems as they arise. She was the only one who took me seriously after a chiropractic injury and referred me to someone who could help me heal not just treat the acute injury. She has been there through both of my pregnancies, solved the mysterious skin condition my eldest had. She researches things she doesn't know and will consult with colleagues if she is unsure. She is fantastic and I am lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Karyn Richardson dumped me as a patient and had me banned from the Crowfoot Valley Family Practice Clinic. The question is why? I can only guess because her explanation is "the relationship is not therapeutic". My guess is she doesn't like questions, especially ones she cannot answer. And she doesn't like to research for answers. An example would be me asking about skin tags. She didn't know what they were and two weeks later I see an advertisement on TV for removal! Then I fractured and dislocated my ankle. She kept information from me that would have explained what was happening. I agree with the person that her main motive is money! She moved to Alberta a have province! With these times, will she move away? When pushed about a drug she was prescribing to me, she answered that is all I know. If she is supplying research and listening to you, you are special. Maybe she is selective in helping people. I am very disappointed in this person as a doctor. She didn't help me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

She listens and researches anything she doesn't know about. She is not a pill pusher and is willing to work with holistic practitioners. I am glad I found her. I don't feel like she is out for the money at all.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Great doctor, she complements my own research and self knowledge and together we keep me healthy. I must add that as a 60 year old athlete I have a high regard for the value of exercise, proper nutrition and commitment to life, health and my social group and think of the good Dr as a facilitator in this. I understand that the doctor can only do so much and its my responsibility to ensure that I am doing everything I can to maximize my health. Dr Richardson enthusiastically supports my efforts and that adds to my motivation of living to my potential! When I have had to consult with other doctors in her absence, they seem to share the same approach. The office and staff have always been respectful of my time.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I've found Dr. Richardson to be attentive and knowledgeable. She is brisk, but I've never felt rushed. I think the policies of this sort of clinic take some getting used to. After a period of adjusting my expectations I've come to see the advantages of this model. I feel confident that Dr. Richardson and CVFP offer my family the health support we need.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I am happy with Dr. Richardson. She is nice,friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I feel like I haven't had any of my problems resolved. Everytime I come out of the Dr.s office I feel helpless and like there is nothing that can be done about my health. She refered me to a specialist that declined the referal and her answer as to why they didn't take me was, "Maybe it's just you." I have had to seek a second opinion for all of my medical issues. I do like their staff. For minor issues I have dealt with them over the phone and they send a requisition to the lab and then if needed they send a prescription to my pharmacy.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

I find this whole clinic's policy aweful. They will NOT book an appointment to refill perscriptions at all, and only allow you to pay a fee ($75) to have refills called into the pharmacy - what a money grab. Not only that, after the initial visit the only time she has seemed to care about what is going on is when she had someone shadowing her. I am desperately seeking another Dr. Besides - when I asked about taking medical leave for stress when I was having migraines 4+ times a week she told me she didn't "believe" in stress leave and to find another job - as if that wouldn't make my condition worse!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This doctor doesn't listen to a word I say- she literally waves away my thoughts and feelings about my own care. She simply refuses to give me adequate amounts for my rx- drug I've been on 10 yrs she lists as short term- I asked her to give me more so that I didn't continually run out and the pharmacist shouldn't have to keep extending me- she gave me 2 WEEKS!! She seems to stereotype all pts and arrogantly ignores my own opinion. I am a former nurse and have to keep reminding her of that- she acts like it doesn't matter. This clinic won't do things like dip your urine or send it away to the lab for you- the policy is you as the pt are to be inconvenienced and must make an extra trip to the lab for simple things that could easily be taken care of by dipping your sample there- but guess they don't want to spend money on dipsticks or time. I am desperately searching for a new doc- every time I see Dr. Richardson I like her less and less.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012