Ratings for Dr. Alecs Chochinov

Sorry I had to go to the ER, more sorry I got this guy.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

This guy is a jerk tries to be funny. Went to the ER due to an existing condition because a specialist had told me to go there if certain symptoms presented. He made fun of me because of this said that was not an issue. Made me feel bad when I was really sick .After a long wait I don't need attitude from an our paid Doctor. Think I will register an official complaint with the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.

Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr.Chochinov is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Finally met an ER doc who took my complaints seriously. Did not prescribe more drugs but explained things to me patiently and told me where I could get more help

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

This ER doctor is one of the best. The ER was so crowded yet he took the time to explain everything to me.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I am very familiar with his work, having been in the ER on many occasions. He is excellent at what he does and professional in all respects

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

I saw this physician at the St. Boniface emergency and I found him to be animated and almost comical. His diagnosis of my condition was so off the mark that I am lucky to be here today. I am grateful another doctor gave me the correct diagnosis and the right treatment.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

I was treated in ER by Dr. C. on more than one occasion. I found him to be very caring, very knowledgeable, and very professional.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Waited for 6 hours in the emergency room. The problem was - a relapse of cellulitis and a request to administer antibiotics via injections and correct treatment. He apparently thought that other doctors had misdiagnosed me, said the infected area looks like allergy and that I should apply a steroid cream. Said antibiotics will not help and antihystamine medication is equally useless. No blood tests - nothing. Just his opinion it's an allergy... To what? A pharmacist looked at my foot, looked at the prescription and said I should really consult a different doctor and that the steroid cream might actually aggravate my condition. In 2 hours cellulitis spread up my leg and I went to a different emergency care where the doctor immediately said it's of course cellulitis, ordered a blood test (ironically, the test had to be done at St. Boniface H.) and then advised me on the right treatment. So Dr. Chochinov is, in my opinion, both unknowledgeable and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011