Ratings for Dr. Amanda Maloney

Excellent Dr. She and staff very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Baloney was trained by Dr. Chee Thong and it sure shows, rude no knowledge just like Chee, both of them should not be allowed to practice Medicine .. no wonder they both take new Patience, it's better to wait a little then seeing those Guys

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I don't know what happened between the previous rating and today, but I have to say that I didn't have the same experience. I was very anxious about going to see this doctor after all the negative comments, even though my GP who referred me to her said her patients have had no problems . Upon my arrival, Mary, the receptionist/assistant was pleasant and greeted me right away and asked me to fill out a form. I did not have to wait to see Dr. Maloney. She was ready at the designated appointment time. She introduced herself to me in a pleasant manner and asked me how I was. She had obviously read my referral notes as she knew why I was there. She explained everything very thoroughly and answered all my questions helpfully and without making me feel uncomfortable in any way, as previous reviewers have mentioned. She asked Mary to do some tests, which were quite extensive and then saw me again and explained the results and my options for treatment. My experience of Dr. Amanda Maloney was a good one, far better than some I have had with other doctors.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

One of the worst doctors I've ever met. AVOID THIS WOMAN - she's an AWFUL doctor. She's EXTREMELY unprofessional, arrogant, condescending, mean, and goes out of her to way to make you feel very stupid and small. Both my husband and I were patients and we both had an extremely awful experience with her. She doesn't listen, she talks down to you, undermines any of your own knowledge and doesn't make you feel like you have any autonomy of your own body - RUN AWAY!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I have asked for a new ENT, as the idea of going back to Dr. Maloney actually gives me anxiety. When I originally went in, with documentation required by my former ENT for diagnoses of my hearing condition , she not only didn't even look at it, but accused me of "surgery seeking". Seriously? I'm in my thirties. I have zero interest in surgery, but I want to know why my ears ring non stop and my hearing has declined significantly since my 20s. I left in tears. I seriously question, based on these reviews, if there are some issues of her own going on. No one can be this polarizing - even with the same patient - as this. Anyway, if you are looking for a referral - RUN in another direction, even if you have to wait a bit longer.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

No empathy or professionalism, rude and abrupt. Scribbled some advice on a dollar store scratch pad which was too little too late. She may know what she's talking about if you can get it out of her without being berated.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I refuse to rate this doctor. Pure torture Bad attitude. Incompetent. Will be writing the board of doctors. Find another knock on more doors. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. 2 years of wasted time!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I found her to be exceptional. She explained everything she was going to do and while she was doing it. Gave me options and was an incredible wealth of information.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

One of the worst doctors I have ever been too. The first appointment she spent more time telling me about other patients and her computer than asking me questions. She also said she hadn't read the referral info from my GP. Very unprofessional. When I read the report she sent to my GP I thought she must have mixed up my file with another patients because what she wrote down was not what I had described as my symptoms. Her staff did a few rudimentary hearing tests but no balance tests were ever done to determine the reason for my loss of balance. The test booth was not sound proof. When the air conditioning came on it was so loud that I had trouble hearing the test tones. She ordered an MRI. The wait time was 7 months. Then at the follow up visit she was not interested in listening to my description of how my symptoms had changed and progressed since the last appointment. It seemed that she was too lazy to analyze the problem and had already decided that it was all caused by migraine because I said that I had experienced a migraine aura (not followed by any headache) a couple of times 20 years ago. Again her second report to my GP contained descriptions of my symptoms which were not accurate. I have since gone to another ENT to see if I can get any help there. Waiting for balance tests now.... My advice to anyone reading this review is to avoid this doctor unless you have something really simple and straightforward wrong with you. If it is complicated and requires more analysis or further testing forget about getting any help from this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Amanda Maloney's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Dr. She and staff very friendly and helpful."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Baloney was trained by Dr. Chee Thong and it sure shows, rude no knowledge just like Chee, both of them should not be allowed to practice Medicine .. no won..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't know what happened between the previous rating and today, but I have to say that I didn't have the same experience. I was very anxious about going to s..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst doctors I've ever met. AVOID THIS WOMAN - she's an AWFUL doctor. She's EXTREMELY unprofessional, arrogant, condescending, mean, and goes out of..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have asked for a new ENT, as the idea of going back to Dr. Maloney actually gives me anxiety. When I originally went in, with documentation required by my for..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "No empathy or professionalism, rude and abrupt. Scribbled some advice on a dollar store scratch pad which was too little too late. She may know what she's talki..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Maloney is direct & straightforward, she got to the source of my problems & was able to find a solution. Mary, office staff member is fabulous. "

February 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I refuse to rate this doctor. Pure torture Bad attitude. Incompetent. Will be writing the board of doctors. Find another knock on more doors. DO NOT WASTE Y..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found her to be exceptional. She explained everything she was going to do and while she was doing it. Gave me options and was an incredible wealth of informat..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst doctors I have ever been too. The first appointment she spent more time telling me about other patients and her computer than asking me questi..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have a hard time believing any of the GOOD reviews on here are real. This doctor is terrible. One of the other comments summed it up best. Arrogant, impati..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. " My appointment was so bad , she was interrogating, abusive, and arrogant, She informed me that my plugged ears and the shooting pain in my ear drum have not..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Maloney by me GP in 2014. Dr. Maloney was very informative and answered all my questions. I was pleased with her willingness to explain ..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Incredible specialist - knowledgeable, kind, and conscientious. Doesn't use a ton of jargon, which I appreciate. Office staff are helpful - avoid the younger on..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Maloney twice. The first time I felt indifferent. But, about 8 years later, I saw her again for a different matter. It turned out to be a bad experie..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Maloney is one of the best specialists I have ever been to. I have been to her for several different issues, and each time she has been thorough and infor..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recently saw Dr. Maloney after a very convoluted experience with multiple doctors to deal with a nasty ear infection and rupture. Prior to seeing Dr. Maloney I ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor, she followed up on my tests, explained my ear problem to me in detail and gave me the best advice about my options."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Maloney rocks!!! she is cool, attentive, a great listener, respectful and educated. She explains things very well and you can talk to her about anything. V..."

October 7, 2014