Ratings for Dr. Amanda Maloney

Dr. Maloney suspected a relatively rare diagnosis which was confirmed with further tests. She explained my options and referred me to other excellent specialists. She was empathetic, knowledgable and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

With poor listening skills and no attention to the needs of her patients, I left the office with no additional information that I didn't know before my visit. The doctor was quick to point out that if there were two issues to look at, I would need two visits. Without me asking if I needed surgery, she stated that she didn't do any surgeries at this time until next year. My observation of the doctor's way of talking to her patients and the language she uses makes me to believe that she is lacking confidence in her skills as a doctor. By using complex medical terms to explain to her patients their medical condition, she is trying to convey to the patients and to herself that she is a qualified doctor who one can rely on and trust. I am however not convinced. At the end of the visit she said she would refer me to seone else and then gave me the name of a website to look at to try to solve my problem. She told me she didn't do surgery at this time though I never asked for it and if two prior surgeries didn't work that there was little chance it would work again. She didn't listen to my concern. She was only interested in addressing one issue although my doctor sent a referral for two issues. She talked 90% of the time and only used medical terminology without understanding who her audience is. At the end of the day, I waisted part of my precious hours in the day to go and visit a doctor who could not understand the basic needs of her patients.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I found the Dr. Maloney to be a very knowledgeable, empathic, and kind physician. She treated me with respect and clearly explained the diagnosis and treatment options. I had been referred from a neurologist and she had obviously paid close attention to the case notes and asked insightful questions regarding my symptoms. She is a first rate physician and the practice is managed in an efficient and pleasant manner.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I am 52 and suffer from hearing and vertigo issues. After being given a "shrugged shoulders" type of diagnosis from dr. Maloney, I went to see another ent specialist for another opinion. My 2nd specialist was able to give me an inner ear MRI which was now available. GREAT! I thought....but left that office discouraged, after not finding anything too helpful with my condition after the results. Back at my GP's office, I explained my condition was worsening. He demanded I go back to my original ent specialist and added "she's the best we've got!" So when I went back to see dr. Maloney. she was honestly fair about the situation I was in....I'm not gonna write a hateorade filled review of her skills, but I'm gonna say this ; I've read all the existing reviews on this page, and yes......I find that she is condescending. She has talked down to me. I also agree with who ever said she was arrogant. Just my take. Just my honest gut feelings. Try your luck.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Maloney is a great doctor ! I had a visit with her and I found her very knowledgeable, caring person with a great communication skill, explaining everything to me .

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Maloney has really listened to me and went to the trouble to explain a report from another doctor which had been concerning me. She diagnosed the reason for my very long term vertigo and the medication she prescribed cleared it up quickly. I tell people she saved my life. Her receptionist makes me feel better just the way she treats me on the phone. I have no idea why there are negative reviews for this kind, respectful and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Today I went to see Dr Maloney because the MD at the drop-in clinic had scheduled an appointment for me with her. When I met with my MD she thought it was not necessary because she had already done numerous tests to identify my health problem. But before cancelling my appointment i checked online what kind of specialist Dr Maloney was. As everybody does, I wanted to check the reviews specifically. After reading so many bad reviews I thought I better cancel as she wasn't very helpful anyway. I realized that I'd have to pay the cancellation fees for lateness. So today was my appointment and I went a little anxious but went anyway. I arrived, and was welcomed by the most charming receptionist I had to meet in a long time. She was on the phone but as soon she hung up she apologized and explained to me what we would do. She did beforehand some tests and then had me wait to see Dr Maloney. While waiting I was thinking gosh the 'Beast' gonna come soon! Dr Maloney came, welcomed and started her consultation. What I thought would be a quick 30 mns consultation lasted more than one hour. She explained me every steps of the way and took the time to listen to my concerns even though they were not related to the present session. She explained in simple terms what she was doing, and asked me many questions to understand my concerns. I had a very attentive, amicable person in front of me and couldn't understand why so many bad reviews were left for her. I'm sorry if I'm writing a long story, but I am very chocked to see that people will do anything to destroy someone reputation just because they did not get what they were expected. People like me who have positive reviews don't take the time to leave them. So today I decided that I will make that effort and express what I think about negative reviews that are left in my opinion by people who didn't get maybe what they were looking for... probably some time-off from work, or some kind of proofs they needed to fraud their employer or insurance. Who knows! I had an expert in front of me, a very nice lady and also a nice receptionist. And I recommend Dr Maloney and will definetely return to see her should the need arise again. So, I urge people who have positive experience to do just like me and take the time to leave a truthful review, not a fake one. I hope Dr Maloney sees this one, and not just the ones from haters. Sorry again for a lengthy post and bad English (it's not my first language). Katia D.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I whent to see Dr. Maloney. .a few years back....and never returned for my second appointment. .very scary

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

The most worst doctor i've ever met. She is very rude and arrogant to her patient.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Excellent Dr. She and staff very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016