Ratings for Dr. Amanda Maloney

Brusque, interrupting, impatient. I wanted to describe my debilitating vertigo but she cut me off and handed me a photocopy on migraines. She used highly technical language which I am fortunate to understand but found odd. I had been referred to her about 10 years earlier for tinnitus and had forgotten her poor interpersonal skills. She may be a skilled specialist but her abilities are of no use to me if I am not allowed to voice my concerns. Lovely staff, however.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Don't waste your time. After a quick 20 min consultation, and cutting me off while explaining my symptoms, she talked and talked about things completely unrelated to my major concerns. After an endoscope through my nasal cavity she somehow missed the fact that I have a major sinus infection (as confirmed a few days later by going back to a general practitioner) and sent me on my way referring me to read her website. I'm more sick now than before seeing her, something I thought would never happen after seeing a 'specialist'!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I found this Dr to be abrupt, and to lack thoroughness. I'd just come out of a 3 month long throat infection which effected my ears and nasal passages as well. After informing me that she could only do "One issue at a time", I tried to ask her how I could better differentiate for her the sensation of my nasal passages and ears draining into my throat. Though she tried to scope my passages she was unable to do my left side and simply said "we'll assume it's okay, and that you're just built narrow". She then told me I have GERD, which I knew already, and sent me packing with no further information. When I asked her what to do about the pain in my ears when I swim, she basically told me to not go swimming. After a decade of constant infections, I'd finally gotten in to see an ENT, and this was the help I [did not] receive. I'd never recommend her. After this consultation I was re-referred about two years later to a new ENT who was extremely helpful, and provided me with non-surgical answers to my questions, and soothed my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr. Maloney was SO helpful. She was clear and patient and very kind and friendly. I don't know why some people would give her a bad review! I thought she was fantastic. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Met Dr Maloney May 18. The doctor's office proceudre need improvement since it is overly complicated - for those with hearing problem, there is no way to communicate - you have to listen to recorded message most of the time and unending instruction to push this button and that button . Fortunately the staff is accomodating and helpful when you meet them in person. This specialist is helpful and did a thorough examination. She did her best in conducting a thorough examination and explain her reasoning to me.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Maloney helped me when all other ENT's refused to operate. My quality of life has greatly improved and I have reccommended her to family, friends and clients. She was professional and I received a high level of care that I have always been very appreciative of.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Maloney suspected a relatively rare diagnosis which was confirmed with further tests. She explained my options and referred me to other excellent specialists. She was empathetic, knowledgable and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

With poor listening skills and no attention to the needs of her patients, I left the office with no additional information that I didn't know before my visit. The doctor was quick to point out that if there were two issues to look at, I would need two visits. Without me asking if I needed surgery, she stated that she didn't do any surgeries at this time until next year. My observation of the doctor's way of talking to her patients and the language she uses makes me to believe that she is lacking confidence in her skills as a doctor. By using complex medical terms to explain to her patients their medical condition, she is trying to convey to the patients and to herself that she is a qualified doctor who one can rely on and trust. I am however not convinced. At the end of the visit she said she would refer me to seone else and then gave me the name of a website to look at to try to solve my problem. She told me she didn't do surgery at this time though I never asked for it and if two prior surgeries didn't work that there was little chance it would work again. She didn't listen to my concern. She was only interested in addressing one issue although my doctor sent a referral for two issues. She talked 90% of the time and only used medical terminology without understanding who her audience is. At the end of the day, I waisted part of my precious hours in the day to go and visit a doctor who could not understand the basic needs of her patients.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I found the Dr. Maloney to be a very knowledgeable, empathic, and kind physician. She treated me with respect and clearly explained the diagnosis and treatment options. I had been referred from a neurologist and she had obviously paid close attention to the case notes and asked insightful questions regarding my symptoms. She is a first rate physician and the practice is managed in an efficient and pleasant manner.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I am 52 and suffer from hearing and vertigo issues. After being given a "shrugged shoulders" type of diagnosis from dr. Maloney, I went to see another ent specialist for another opinion. My 2nd specialist was able to give me an inner ear MRI which was now available. GREAT! I thought....but left that office discouraged, after not finding anything too helpful with my condition after the results. Back at my GP's office, I explained my condition was worsening. He demanded I go back to my original ent specialist and added "she's the best we've got!" So when I went back to see dr. Maloney. she was honestly fair about the situation I was in....I'm not gonna write a hateorade filled review of her skills, but I'm gonna say this ; I've read all the existing reviews on this page, and yes......I find that she is condescending. She has talked down to me. I also agree with who ever said she was arrogant. Just my take. Just my honest gut feelings. Try your luck.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016