Ratings for Dr. Amanda Maloney

Dr. Maloney has really listened to me and went to the trouble to explain a report from another doctor which had been concerning me. She diagnosed the reason for my very long term vertigo and the medication she prescribed cleared it up quickly. I tell people she saved my life. Her receptionist makes me feel better just the way she treats me on the phone. I have no idea why there are negative reviews for this kind, respectful and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Today I went to see Dr Maloney because the MD at the drop-in clinic had scheduled an appointment for me with her. When I met with my MD she thought it was not necessary because she had already done numerous tests to identify my health problem. But before cancelling my appointment i checked online what kind of specialist Dr Maloney was. As everybody does, I wanted to check the reviews specifically. After reading so many bad reviews I thought I better cancel as she wasn't very helpful anyway. I realized that I'd have to pay the cancellation fees for lateness. So today was my appointment and I went a little anxious but went anyway. I arrived, and was welcomed by the most charming receptionist I had to meet in a long time. She was on the phone but as soon she hung up she apologized and explained to me what we would do. She did beforehand some tests and then had me wait to see Dr Maloney. While waiting I was thinking gosh the 'Beast' gonna come soon! Dr Maloney came, welcomed and started her consultation. What I thought would be a quick 30 mns consultation lasted more than one hour. She explained me every steps of the way and took the time to listen to my concerns even though they were not related to the present session. She explained in simple terms what she was doing, and asked me many questions to understand my concerns. I had a very attentive, amicable person in front of me and couldn't understand why so many bad reviews were left for her. I'm sorry if I'm writing a long story, but I am very chocked to see that people will do anything to destroy someone reputation just because they did not get what they were expected. People like me who have positive reviews don't take the time to leave them. So today I decided that I will make that effort and express what I think about negative reviews that are left in my opinion by people who didn't get maybe what they were looking for... probably some time-off from work, or some kind of proofs they needed to fraud their employer or insurance. Who knows! I had an expert in front of me, a very nice lady and also a nice receptionist. And I recommend Dr Maloney and will definetely return to see her should the need arise again. So, I urge people who have positive experience to do just like me and take the time to leave a truthful review, not a fake one. I hope Dr Maloney sees this one, and not just the ones from haters. Sorry again for a lengthy post and bad English (it's not my first language). Katia D.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I whent to see Dr. Maloney. .a few years back....and never returned for my second appointment. .very scary

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

The most worst doctor i've ever met. She is very rude and arrogant to her patient.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Excellent Dr. She and staff very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Baloney was trained by Dr. Chee Thong and it sure shows, rude no knowledge just like Chee, both of them should not be allowed to practice Medicine .. no wonder they both take new Patience, it's better to wait a little then seeing those Guys

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I don't know what happened between the previous rating and today, but I have to say that I didn't have the same experience. I was very anxious about going to see this doctor after all the negative comments, even though my GP who referred me to her said her patients have had no problems . Upon my arrival, Mary, the receptionist/assistant was pleasant and greeted me right away and asked me to fill out a form. I did not have to wait to see Dr. Maloney. She was ready at the designated appointment time. She introduced herself to me in a pleasant manner and asked me how I was. She had obviously read my referral notes as she knew why I was there. She explained everything very thoroughly and answered all my questions helpfully and without making me feel uncomfortable in any way, as previous reviewers have mentioned. She asked Mary to do some tests, which were quite extensive and then saw me again and explained the results and my options for treatment. My experience of Dr. Amanda Maloney was a good one, far better than some I have had with other doctors.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

One of the worst doctors I've ever met. AVOID THIS WOMAN - she's an AWFUL doctor. She's EXTREMELY unprofessional, arrogant, condescending, mean, and goes out of her to way to make you feel very stupid and small. Both my husband and I were patients and we both had an extremely awful experience with her. She doesn't listen, she talks down to you, undermines any of your own knowledge and doesn't make you feel like you have any autonomy of your own body - RUN AWAY!

Submitted March 17, 2016

I have asked for a new ENT, as the idea of going back to Dr. Maloney actually gives me anxiety. When I originally went in, with documentation required by my former ENT for diagnoses of my hearing condition , she not only didn't even look at it, but accused me of "surgery seeking". Seriously? I'm in my thirties. I have zero interest in surgery, but I want to know why my ears ring non stop and my hearing has declined significantly since my 20s. I left in tears. I seriously question, based on these reviews, if there are some issues of her own going on. No one can be this polarizing - even with the same patient - as this. Anyway, if you are looking for a referral - RUN in another direction, even if you have to wait a bit longer.

Submitted March 14, 2016

No empathy or professionalism, rude and abrupt. Scribbled some advice on a dollar store scratch pad which was too little too late. She may know what she's talking about if you can get it out of her without being berated.

Submitted March 2, 2016