Ratings for Dr. Amanda Maloney

I refuse to rate this doctor. Pure torture Bad attitude. Incompetent. Will be writing the board of doctors. Find another knock on more doors. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. 2 years of wasted time!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I found her to be exceptional. She explained everything she was going to do and while she was doing it. Gave me options and was an incredible wealth of information.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

One of the worst doctors I have ever been too. The first appointment she spent more time telling me about other patients and her computer than asking me questions. She also said she hadn't read the referral info from my GP. Very unprofessional. When I read the report she sent to my GP I thought she must have mixed up my file with another patients because what she wrote down was not what I had described as my symptoms. Her staff did a few rudimentary hearing tests but no balance tests were ever done to determine the reason for my loss of balance. The test booth was not sound proof. When the air conditioning came on it was so loud that I had trouble hearing the test tones. She ordered an MRI. The wait time was 7 months. Then at the follow up visit she was not interested in listening to my description of how my symptoms had changed and progressed since the last appointment. It seemed that she was too lazy to analyze the problem and had already decided that it was all caused by migraine because I said that I had experienced a migraine aura (not followed by any headache) a couple of times 20 years ago. Again her second report to my GP contained descriptions of my symptoms which were not accurate. I have since gone to another ENT to see if I can get any help there. Waiting for balance tests now.... My advice to anyone reading this review is to avoid this doctor unless you have something really simple and straightforward wrong with you. If it is complicated and requires more analysis or further testing forget about getting any help from this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I have a hard time believing any of the GOOD reviews on here are real. This doctor is terrible. One of the other comments summed it up best. Arrogant, impatient and lazy. I don't even think she read my referral file. I honestly got more use from just reading WEBMD myself. I didn't even feel she was asking me any questions related to my symptoms. Your probably thinking well HOUSE MD the TV show has a genius that has bad bedside manners. This doctor is exactly the same - except the genius part :-/

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

My appointment was so bad , she was interrogating, abusive, and arrogant, She informed me that my plugged ears and the shooting pain in my ear drum have nothing to do with my ears. Hmmm ! Without going into detail of the whole appointment I will say I was forced to stand up and say "YOU ARE A SHITTY DOCTOR" !! And left her office . She looked at me , her mouth wide open in shook , she shook her head shrugged her shoulders as if to say "what"? I've been feeling bad since for saying that until I came to this site and read so many common comments.. PS I think the positive comments are written by Amanda Maloney herself. Just sayin ..

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Maloney by me GP in 2014. Dr. Maloney was very informative and answered all my questions. I was pleased with her willingness to explain all the details of the surgery for a deviated septum to me and was much more comfortable knowing what I was getting into. After surgery she spoke with me and put me at ease. I highly recommend this ENT specialist. Her receptiont, Mary, is wonderful and caring as well. Dr. Maloney may run a bit late but that's because she takes the time to listen and explain things to her patients instead of shuffling them out the door.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Incredible specialist - knowledgeable, kind, and conscientious. Doesn't use a ton of jargon, which I appreciate. Office staff are helpful - avoid the younger one if you can.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Saw Dr. Maloney twice. The first time I felt indifferent. But, about 8 years later, I saw her again for a different matter. It turned out to be a bad experience. She was arrogant, impatient and seemed lazy. She didn't take the time to listen and brushed off my complaints. She even claimed that my issues weren't even ent related. I asked her about another issue related to my nose but told me I had to make another appointment which could have been easily answered. It gave me a bad impression. Finally, I saw someone else and it was confirmed that it was Ear related. I did not think she cared enough to further investigate. And when it was time to follow up after ear and balance tests, the receptionist just said oh don't bother coming in. An unprofessional doctor with poor front staff

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Maloney is one of the best specialists I have ever been to. I have been to her for several different issues, and each time she has been thorough and informative. My g.p.'s office loves her because she sends such detailed notes when a patient is sent to her. The practice is well run and the receptionist extremely pleasant and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Maloney to anyone who is looking for an excellent ENT.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Recently saw Dr. Maloney after a very convoluted experience with multiple doctors to deal with a nasty ear infection and rupture. Prior to seeing Dr. Maloney I had seen another ENT and had a really bad experience. Dr. Maloney was warm, very knowledgeable and diagnosed and explained my condition to me in detail. She is obviously very experienced and knows her stuff. The fact that she has a great bedside manner is icing on the cake and sadly, a quality that is lacking in many surgeon's offices. I would highly recommend Dr. Maloney to anyone needing to see an ENT. She was great.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Amanda Maloney's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I refuse to rate this doctor. Pure torture Bad attitude. Incompetent. Will be writing the board of doctors. Find another knock on more doors. DO NOT WASTE Y..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found her to be exceptional. She explained everything she was going to do and while she was doing it. Gave me options and was an incredible wealth of informat..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst doctors I have ever been too. The first appointment she spent more time telling me about other patients and her computer than asking me questi..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have a hard time believing any of the GOOD reviews on here are real. This doctor is terrible. One of the other comments summed it up best. Arrogant, impati..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. " My appointment was so bad , she was interrogating, abusive, and arrogant, She informed me that my plugged ears and the shooting pain in my ear drum have not..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Maloney by me GP in 2014. Dr. Maloney was very informative and answered all my questions. I was pleased with her willingness to explain ..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Incredible specialist - knowledgeable, kind, and conscientious. Doesn't use a ton of jargon, which I appreciate. Office staff are helpful - avoid the younger on..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Maloney twice. The first time I felt indifferent. But, about 8 years later, I saw her again for a different matter. It turned out to be a bad experie..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Maloney is one of the best specialists I have ever been to. I have been to her for several different issues, and each time she has been thorough and infor..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recently saw Dr. Maloney after a very convoluted experience with multiple doctors to deal with a nasty ear infection and rupture. Prior to seeing Dr. Maloney I ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor, she followed up on my tests, explained my ear problem to me in detail and gave me the best advice about my options."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Maloney rocks!!! she is cool, attentive, a great listener, respectful and educated. She explains things very well and you can talk to her about anything. V..."

October 7, 2014