Ratings for Dr. Mark Vaillancourt

He has always been quick and efficient with my dental checkups. I have never been uncomfortable in his chair and I always know I can trust my dentist to do a great job.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Very professional and he is very good with his clients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I think this dentist is great. He gets to the point and doesn't mess about. He's great with my kids. Always on time. He knows I hate his hands being in my mouth and he makes the visit quick for me!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

My stepdad refuses to post about his experience, but I feel the public needs to know. Dr Vaillancourt WRONGLY diagnosed him with throat CANCER, explaining to him that he needs to go see an oncologist and essentially get all of his ducks in a row as it looked pretty bad. My shaken stepfather now had the grim news of telling all of us, and putting our family into quite an emotional state of dismay. Urgently he booked an appointment with our phenomenal family physician who quickly found he did NOT have CANCER. Shocking, misinformed, wrongly diagnosing people, regardless we all switched our dentist after going to TLC for 10+ years.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

2014.09.06 Dr. Vaillancourt TLC Dental I am extremely pleased with my experiences with TLC Dental’s Dr. Vaillancourt. His professionalism, attention to detail and concern for the patient are outstanding. I also really like his great sense of humour and rapport with his assistant Rachel. We have lived in more than half a dozen locations on two continents and have always received first rate dental care. What I appreciated most about Dr. Vaillancourt is how he resolved the two serious dental problems I had in 2014. My first dental problem was a cracked rear molar. Within 5 minutes of the freezing taking affect, the tooth was removed efficiently and I experienced no pain. My second dental problem was capping my two front teeth. The original cap and root canal was done over 30 years ago as a result of a hockey injury and due to aging had discoloured. Dr. Vaillancourt expertly modified the root canal tooth creating a post, removed the cap on the second tooth, created molds for permanent caps and install temporary caps. This took 2 hours and during this time Dr. Vaillancourt was constantly vigilant of how I was doing and asking me if I wanted to take a break. He was not concerned about how long this was taking and was not running off to work on other patients simultaneously. When my permanent caps came back from the lab, they were not the colour we had requested. Dr. Vaillancourt and TLC were very supportive and provided assistance by contacting the lab and explaining the issue. The lab redid the permanent caps without any hesitation. These new caps were installed within two weeks and I was really pleased with the result. I have recommended Dr. Vaillancourt to other people and will continue to do so. While living in Calgary for the past two years, we initially went to other dentists who were either not cost effective (over $1000 out of pocket cost for a general checkup for my wife and I) or were rude/unprofessional. If you would like to contact me, please send me an email. Eric Pearce hzwnnr@hotmail.com 2014.1026

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I went to see Dr. Vallancourt for a cavity and he made the filling too big which then cracked my tooth. I now have to see a different dentist to have everything fixed.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I have been to many dentists due to relocating over the past 40 years. Dr Vaillancourt does not listen to patients nor does he seem to care. After recommending that I see a specialist, I discovered that I could not afford the sprecialist he recommended. I asked for an appointment with another dentist to see about the same absess and he fixed the issue the same day. When I showed up for my next appointment with Dr Vaillancourt he had cancelled it. The complications due to his lack of treatment/or investigation caused me to end up in the hospital. I felt that his ego was so large that he couldn't be bothered to listen to my issues. No diagnostic X-rays, no documentation of what he was going to do, and a general disbelieve when told that I did not react well to his perscribed antibiotics and that i was in pain. I realize i'm only the patient and not a dentist, but, if he had collected an X-ray, he would have know how serious the situation was. I nearly lost my life due to his ego.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013