Ratings for Dr. Gurinder Samrai

I switched to Dr. Samrai from a Dr. That was reported to the College of Physicians. It's been over a year and I have seen him several times as I came to him with chronic issues not treated properly by the first Dr. And he has been courteous, always listens, referrs when needed and so far as a general practitioner he seems knowledgeable, I'm sure if we come across something in the future he is not familiar with he will refer to someone more specialized or capable.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

took the time to explain & listen to me regarding my medical history; gave me factual "how-to" to get me back into shape as I get to 50 years old. Happy to have him as my family physician.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

0 issues, always pays attention to my issues, pretty much saved my life while my old one before him she was an idiot ( you suffer from depression, you don't need meds, you need to exercise ).

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He has been great so far. Very helpful. I never leave his office feeling frustrated.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Terrible experience, I have to find information in Internet ans please to give me referral for a test. His knowledge is 0. Spent almost 2 years for an issue that another doctor spent 1 months only. Run away as soon as you can

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Extremely rude and disregards anything you suggest to him

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

This doctor completed disregarded my symptoms. Luckily I did not go alone I came with a companion who is also in the medical field. My companion had to prompt him thru his examination of me or he would have done nothing. Dr. Samrai only spoke in medical jargon that I could not comprehend. My companion retaliated in a polite fashion and spoke his language. He was actually apologizing by the end becuase my companion had more medical knowledge then he did. He looked incredibly foolish when she put him in his place. I would go to this doctor only if you yourself are a medical practioner or have one to accompany you. He is condesending and rude and does not listen.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

This doctor has destroyed my life for ever prescribed me hydroclorine hydromorphine ( times more potent than morphine ) before even the result of my my x ray came in , i trusted him i went to see him for many times to know what was wrong with my back when my x ray came in obviously he didn't knowwhat was the source of my pain kept me on hydromorphine refused to refer to a specialist he would always rush me trough the appointment to him you're just a number a paycheque been with him for 3 years and he never care one bit about me he has a god complex and makes you feel like you should even ask question about the prescriptions he gives you got me addicted to narcotics and when it hits the fan he treated me like a piece of **** he even ask me once how did you get on hydromorphine i told him you prescribed to me for the last 8 months idiot at the end after raising up my dosage a couple of times told me that he was more worried about his licence as i was coming too early for re-up and that he could not be my doctor anymore and just dropped me as a patient . so here i was addicted to one of the most potent narcotic out there had no choice but to seek them on the street as no doctor in his right mind would prescibe them to a new patient . I lost all i had in this world now my cars, my house, everything i sold to avoid the hardcore pains i had to deal with specially to extremely painful withdrawals on the street this medication cost a thousand time more i put my paycheques into getting my medication while i had to provide for a son i lost my job then i had to steal to be able get my hydromorphine after getting caught a couple time and having to deal with justice that when i fortunately discovered recovery ottawa wich is a methadone clinic they took me in and helped me but now i have to go everyday to a clinic to drink a medication to avoid withdrawal all because of this incompetent doctor who made my life a nightmare but not caring enough and just wanted me out of his office as fast as i was in please watch out don't be a patient of him and on top of it his staff at the clinic treat you like garbage because of course he talks to them about you way to go what a professional !

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Terrible, just terrible doctor, nothing is ever serious enough for him, you can barely talk to him since he literally spends 2 minutes with you. I'm switching gp asap as I can't trust this man.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr Samrai looked after my 3 children until we moved to Halifax. He always listened to them, and I about what the issues were. Great with the kids, and always willing to talk through all of mom's concerns, gave me all the info I needed and would talk me through his thought process and involve me in that thought process. Always willing to learn "mommy tricks"... like having a kid blow bubbles in a warm bath to decongest them instead of squirting saline solution up their nose. Open minded, caring, very approachable, and very knowledgeable. Biggest thing for me though: my young kids liked him and were comfortable with him!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014