You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gregg Congdon

I recently saw Dr. Congdon for the first time. I was skeptical because of the couple of lesser than helpful reviews. However, so far I have been impressed with Dr. Congdon, Yes, he suggested that we may have to use orthotics and was less than impressed with the ones I already had as they aren't custom. However, that is to be expected when dealing with a professional - every podiatrist and chiropractor that I've ever been to that has sold orthotics has strongly suggested I use them. Guess what - they're right! I have feet issues - otherwise I wouldn't be seeing a podiatrist! I have used several custom made orthotics over the years. Whose to say which ones are better out of all the custom ones I've had or the off the shelf ones I currently have? I still have foot issues. Maybe if I'd listened when I was 20 and started wearing them then (but they just weren't cool and wouldn't fit in my nice ... pointy...cramping...dressy....high heels! :-) Either way - he was very pleasant and approachable. He did...pause... a few times during my appointment. Rather than take that as a negative (as others reviewing here have) - I took that as a positive as to me it gave me the impression that he was hearing what I was saying and considering avenues before replying. I am now scheduled for a neurological assessment (sigh) - as both he and my GP think I probably have nerve damage. Recommendation - orthotics and ???? I was hoping it was muscal/skelatal so I could just have laser therapy and be done....but that doesn't look like it will be the case <double sigh>. Tammy

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I was not impressed at all with Dr Congdon, he told me I had 3 different issues and suggested only $500 orthotics to fix them all. I asked what else he could suggest for 1 or 2 of the issues as I wanted to continue treating my planters fasciitus as I had been. He looked at me blankly and shrugged his shoulders and said nothing even after asking a second time. Very disappointing as I stated as soon as I walked in that I didn't want orthotics I wanted other solutions or suggestions at least.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I have found Dr. Congdon and his staff to knowledgeable and personable. I had a set of orthotics made through Dr. Congdon and am very happy with them. I am also undergoing laser treatment for my planters fasciitis and having great success with the treatment. The second laser treatment reduced by chronic heel pain significantly. This is a treatment that people with long term planters fasciitis should look into!

Submitted November 27, 2015

The critical comments are in line with my experience. He is hurried and unconcerned. He neglected to fully excavate some fungus trapped in a toenail and when I went back for him to complete the work, he tried to charge me for another visit. I would not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Reading the other comments, I assume Dr. Congdon is a good doctor so maybe I just caught him at a bad time but I was extremely disappointed when I went to see him to inquire about laser treatment. Before coming into the room, I overheard his receptionist tell him that he was 10 minutes behind (not uncommon in medical offices, in my experience). Although when he entered the room and blazed through my appointment in a matter of minutes, speaking so quickly that I could barely understand him and even, interrupting my speaking, I couldn't believe I'd paid $70 for the visit. I'm sure the info he gave me was correct but I was very put off by his "brushing off" of my appointment. I will be seeking out a second opinion and going elsewhere with my ~ $600 for the laser treatment.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr Congdon was very professional, friendly and helpful. He was really excited and genuinely happy for my son, Sean when he saw the improvement in my son's walk and confidence. His RN, Collette was just the best. She made Sean relax and comfortable, while she worked on the laser treatment on him. Receptionist, Janet was just wonderful, friendly and welcoming. Every staff in the office made us feel comfortable asking questions, andthe best thing is that they took the time to answer patiently and wholeheartedly. Their patience paid off as we would highly recommend Dr Congdon's clinic to anyone who needs good and professional help.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

One session for casting, one for fitting, and one for followup. Original concern, pain in inner left ankle. Had outlived original orthotics purchased many years ago. Dr. Congdon was punctal, businesslike but personable and presented an innovative design in an orthotic appliance. I am happy to say that the orthotic has made the difference. I enjoyed my interaction with the staff as well. Very personable and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I only had one session with Dr. Congdon. He gave me great informative and directed me to laser therapy. It was a great success. But the person who did the laser therapy was fantastic. She made it a great experience.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Congdon was supposed to supply me with sandals and a new pair of inserts to fit them. I paid for the inserts in advance trusting him fully, as he supplied me with sandals and inserts before. When I arrived to pick up my sandals and inserts, he told me he couldn't supply the sandals. I requested to talk to him. Instead he had his rude, unhelpful staff give me a useless list of stores to buy my sandals. Thanks to him I now have a new pair of inserts and no sandals to put them in.

Submitted December 20, 2014

Dr. Gregg Congdon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently saw Dr. Congdon for the first time. I was skeptical because of the couple of lesser than helpful reviews. However, so far I have been impressed wit..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was not impressed at all with Dr Congdon, he told me I had 3 different issues and suggested only $500 orthotics to fix them all. I asked what else he could su..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Very poor podiatrist just wants you in and out. Tried him many times which was a huge mistake"

February 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have found Dr. Congdon and his staff to knowledgeable and personable. I had a set of orthotics made through Dr. Congdon and am very happy with them. I am also..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The critical comments are in line with my experience. He is hurried and unconcerned. He neglected to fully excavate some fungus trapped in a toenail and when I ..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Reading the other comments, I assume Dr. Congdon is a good doctor so maybe I just caught him at a bad time but I was extremely disappointed when I went to see h..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This office is pushing the treatment of laser for just about anything but uses a nurse to do the treatments. Beware that the use of lasers in podiatry offices b..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Congdon was very professional, friendly and helpful. He was really excited and genuinely happy for my son, Sean when he saw the improvement in my son's walk ..."

September 2, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drgreggcongdon.com" to "http://www.drgreggcongdon.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8T 5G1". Address has been updated from "None" to "1641 Hillside Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505920224".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One session for casting, one for fitting, and one for followup. Original concern, pain in inner left ankle. Had outlived original orthotics purchased many years..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "glad to see others find Dr. Congdon a total rip off.. he never answered my letter despite it being marked personal and confidential.. spent 2 minutes with me, n..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I only had one session with Dr. Congdon. He gave me great informative and directed me to laser therapy. It was a great success. But the person who did the laser..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I went for a consultation about an ingrown toenail. It was curious, because he came in and in a whirlwind of words essentially told me everyone in the medical i..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Congdon was supposed to supply me with sandals and a new pair of inserts to fit them. I paid for the inserts in advance trusting him fully, as he supplied ..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The laser treatment on my toenail worked perfectly. I had a toenail fungus for 35 years and can now wear open toed shoes without being embarrassed."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Congdon and his staff including rn collete is top notch. Difficult to gain am appointment at first but well worth the wait. This is a specialist. If you n..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This man really knows what is what with feet. He built an orthotic that has resulted in the elimination of pain in both of my feet..I was especially appreciati..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He was a very nice guy, but I went in with diabetic neuropathy on the recommendation of a family doc, hoping for some relief from the pain in all my toes. He b..."

September 5, 2014