Ratings for Dr. Darine El-Chaar

DrElChaar was on call when we delivered our son, she was so calm and supportive! She really helped us through the most difficult part of the delivery with the rest of the amazing team at the Ottawa General hospital. Thank you all for taking care of all of us.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. El-Chaar performed an inutero fetal blood transfusion for our son Cole at 22 weeks for severe anemia caused by Parvo Virus. Her persistence and determination to successfully completed the procedure after several failed attempts likely saved his life. She is a hero to our family.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Met when we were referred to The ottawa hospital as our baby was found to have sudden major problems. She took so much time to walk us through our nightmare, stayed late to do a procedure to help our baby, and made sure to be there for the delivery the next morning and to to help us meet our daughter before she needed special care. Thank you for all you, we will never forget what you did for us.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr ElChaar followed me in high risk at the general, although there is some waiting, when she does see me she never rushes the appointment and makes sure all questions are addressed. I felt very comfortable with her care.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. El-Chaar is very busy, and still managed to take the time to make us feel important and comfortable. We had some complications with out pregnancy, and she took lots of time to walk us through everything. She was amazing. We were lucky enough to have her there for the delivery as well. She cheered when our daughter was born, and even helped us name her. She felt like a part of the family by the time we left. I hope to have her again if we are lucky enough to get pregnant.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Incredible OB. Treated me in the high risk unit at the General. Loved her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Met her on the day of my amino and I was very nervous. She was so confident and reassuring which put me right at ease. So lucky she was there for us on a difficult day.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I cannot say enough good things! She is fantastic and we were so lucky to have her for our doctor!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr ElChaar is so good to us in clinic, always caring, paying attention to concerns, and never rushes an appointment. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. El Chaar was my surgeon. It was my first lifetime surgery... I was frightened. Although she seemed so knowledgable, meticulouse, and in control of everything that it reassured me. We are lucky to have such great and positive people like her and her team to help us go through tough and sometimes frightening times in our lives. It was a blessing to have her as my surgeon. She was great. Everybody was, at the Ottawa Hospital - General Campus. Thank you so much for helping me go through one of my biggest fear with such calm and stability. :)

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016