Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Dr. Ngo looked after me for a week at the University hospital in Edmonton. She said she was visiting from Calgary. Unfortunately I have medical problems that require lots of hospital stays. Dr. Ngo was one of the kindest, most patient doctors I have had. I hope to have her as my doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2018

I was Dr Ngo’s patient at South Health Campus last year and she saw me at Vita Clinic for followups. I was a wreck when I landed in the hospital last year with diabetes and heart problems. Dr Ngo has supported me with diet advice and lifestyle changes and I now no longer have diabetes or high blood pressure. I am 30 pounds lighter. I stopped my medications three months ago and still no trace of diabetes. The appointments with her arent rushed and the Vita Clinic is a brand new facility. One year later, and Dr Ngo doesn’t need to see me anymore because my medical problems are fixed and I feel great. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

Met her at the South hospital. Incredibly rude and unhelpful. Only the nursing staff was good. I wonder if she takes her job seriously

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

My husband passed away last month from cancer that returned. We thought he was cured the first time around. He was admitted to Foothills hospital in December 2016 when the doctors found out his cancer had spread. I am grateful to Dr Ngo and the excellent team on Unit 36 for working so hard to make sure that my husband could be discharged to spend Christmas at home. Dr Ngo called us on Boxing day to check in and to let us know about new results that came back. We appreciated the great care, and her understanding of how important it was for us to spend our last holiday together as a family at home. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Did not stay in the loop with other doctors--not helpful and rude

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Jen is very thorough. Met her in the morning at 7am, and she was still there at 8pm to update us. Down to earth, involved us, and was comfortable being on a first name basis with us. Great nurses at South Health.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Reposting because my original posting did not work. Dr. Jennifer is a patient and caring person and very knowledgeable. She took our concerns very seriously, but the same can’t be said about the staff at the South Campus hospital who left my father unattended for hours when he called. Dr. Jennifer let the right nurse in charge know and we were able to have a meeting with everyone to improve this problem. One time, Dr. Jennifer noticed a moldy cheese stick on my father’s food tray and took the cheese away before he could eat it. It is not acceptable for this hospital to be serving moldy food and nurses ignoring patients calls. My suggestion is that Dr. Jennifer have more predictable visiting hours. Sometimes she visits my father in the morning and other times in the evening and it is hard for the family to catch up with her everyday.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

I encountered this young internal medicine resident when I was admitted for a heart condition. She was very polite and had excellent bedside manner. She took the time to explain things throughly. She is upbeat. All of the nursing staff on U82 were also great. I left a new man.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011