Ratings for Dr. Tomasz Cybula

Excellent Dr Doctor and his staff are excellent and very knowledgeable.Thank you for all your help

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Been seeing him for 5 years - very straight forward - never sugar coats anything - staff is the same - they are not over sweet or fake but if you call and are in need ASAP they will move heaven and earth to book you.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Had a growth on my head which had increased over time. My last doctor told me it was cosmetic and wasn't covered by BC med. But after my doctor closed his clinic I found Dr. Cybula. That turned out to be my luckiest day as far as my health was concerned. My grow on my head was removed in his office during a 20 minute appointment

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

when dr karagiozov left for ontario, i had no choice but to go to dr cybula. the first appointment was bearable. he refused listen to me, and did not bother to check my file - he just assumed i did not want to go back to work. so i told him maybe he should review my file so he will understand that i've been trying to go back to work but have been getting sicker every time i go back. 2nd appointment was difficult- he was lazy- did not even read the stuff and notes that dr k has written, & just made assumptions again. i know because my union has a copy of the notes by dr k- & they have given me a copy of that. dr cybula said he doesnt want me to stay at home because i will be depressed & only get paid $500?! so i said he would rather i will get sicker and sicker (multiple ambulance trips to the hospital at that) than get better at home?! he was not helpful. he was making assumptions and did not even bother to ask how i feel and to read my file. he acts like a nice guy. he isnt.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr. Cybula is very relaxed & genuine. His advice is straight forward and clear and he speaks frankly but kindly. The office has 2 receptionists, 1 of which is openly rude and displays an unsympathic manner. She has been impolite and impatient with me on many occasions. I like Dr Cybula enough to overlook her imperfections.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Great Doc! Knows his stuff, and won't prescribe anything you just ask for like some other docs. He gives you what he feels will benefit you in the log run. Terrible terrible terrible terrible staff, the receptionists always look angry and are so rude on the phone.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I recently moved to the lower mainland and was pleasantly surprised to find a Doctor taking new patients. I find Dr. Cybula quite refreshing. I don't want a Doctor that makes me feel warm & fuzzy. I want one that knows their stuff and will give me "straight to the point" information to help me deal with my Diabetes, and other health matters. If you take the time to listen to him, he has a very dry wit, which I enjoy. Yes the reception staff seem abrupt at times, but they are busy, and they're efficient. Just smile at them, and make their day a good one.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

I do not share views with the other negative people who have reviewed Dr Cybula here- not one bit! He does take a little getting to know - not immediately warm - but I took my time with him and soon began to trust him, appreciate his wide medical knowledge and his frank and sometimes offbeat opinions - which you are always welcome to embrace or discard. For example, he is not a great believer in people needing to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Ask him why! He always takes his time in explaining medical stuff, not at all condescending, and answers all questions. I can't recommend him highly enough. I just beg you not to be put off by his seemingly humourless personna - he is very witty in fact - and given time, you will enjoy that personal connection we all dream of having with our medical people. ps Yes there is one rather abrupt receptionist but all the others seem like great people - and all are first-rate professionals.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011