You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

Dr. Cheng is an extremely personable and skilled surgeon. She has operated on my foot (in Collingwood) and on my knee (in Midland), and both times the experience has been excellent. She has a great rapport with the other members of the surgical teams, which inspires confidence while waiting for the surgery to begin. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cheng.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Having a double knee surgery on Dec 17/12 after months of pain and stooped over, the I required the support of braces on both legs. Dr Chengs miracle surgery allowed me to walk up right and tall with no pain. The day after the surgery I was walking and haven't stopped since, returning home in 4 days after surgery. I can attribute this to the paramount care and stellar performance of Dr. Cheng, the medical staff, physiotherapists and the hospital caregivers. A sincere THANK YOU to Dr. Cheng for her professionalism, personal approach with tenderness, sincererity and making me feel like I was her only patient when dealing with my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr.Cheng is amazing ! Absolutely an incredible surgeon! Along with her professional attributes comes a very personable kind and compassionate person. I had a substantial compound fracture from an accident and needless to say I am very grateful to have been lucky enough to have had Dr.Cheng as my surgeon. Thank you Dr.Cheng !

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr Cheng was very pleasant to talk to. She explained the operation required. The wait time for surgery was 6 months due to O.R. availability. My recovery from the surgery was very quick, much more so than I had expected it would be. I had a bone spur removed and repairs to the rotator cuff and other tendons. I had very little pain after the surgery. In fact far less than I had prior to the surgery. At 5 weeks post surgery, I have been in physiotherapy for 3 weeks and am quickly regaining the movement of my shoulder that I have not had for several years. I have found the physio painful but know it is necessary to achieve the full use of my shoulder again. I would highly recommend Dr Cheng. She is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Dr. Cheng very approachable,warm,caring... Came to see me more than once after surgery... Best experience I have had with a doctor.... Thanks Dr. Cheng. Great outcome from the surgery.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Cheng. I broke my fib/tib and she did a fantastic job with the surgery. The staff are very friendly and made my experience there a positive one. She was very knowledgable and caring. Thank you Dr. Cheng!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

rotator cuff surgery a complete success. Dr Olivia presents a great team of support and follow up. Im my opinion a superior surgeon with great interpersonal skills. She's my hero.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Dr Cheng was fantastic, had left knee done and looking forward to having other knee done. Hospital staff was great .

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I would like to recognize Dr. Cheng for her exceptional care and treatment during my recent hip replacement surgery.During every visitation with Dr. Cheng her caring and compassionate nature was very reassuring. I had a trouble free surgery and recovery due to her skill and experience as a orthopaedic surgeon.I would recommend Dr.O. Cheng very highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

had my right hip replaced in jan. and was so very impressed with dr cheng. she made me very comfortable before and after surgery.I would highly recommend her for hip replacements. dr cheng was always punctual,polite,and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Olivia Cheng's Credentials

• University of Toronto

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I injured my biceps tendon in Toronto. Travelled to Collingwood. Dr. O fixed my biceps tendon. I'm back to work and sports. Thank you Dr. O"

May 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best Dr ever,very happy with her professionalism. Dr Cheng is caring and very pleasant o deal with,fixed my knee best as it can be.very good with knee injection..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Having torn three Rotator Cuff muscles I was afraid of potentially long Ontario wait times. However, Dr.Olivia Cheng came to the rescue, performed surgery withi..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was snowboarding at Blue Mountain when I broke my tibia and fibula. Dr. Cheng was very kind and caring. She fixed me up with rod and screws. I was able to wa..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my collarbone playing soccer. Dr.Cheng fix it for me with a plate and bunch of screws. I'm all healed up and back playing soccer."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was cycling in Collingwood when I broke my hip. Dr. Cheng fixed my hip with a rod and screws. I recovered well. She was very kind and professional. She expla..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a shoulder replacement surgery and thought I would have at least 12 weeks recovery. I had no pain after the initial hospital stay of 3 days and was back ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Olivia Chang to be very professional, thorough, and kind. She described the procedure and told me what to expect. She said to call her if I had ques..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Her first attempt at fixing my achilles tendon and bone spur led to an active infection in the wound. She proceeded to do a second surgery as the wound would n..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Cheng is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. I am 21 and an active athlete. I suffer from debilitating hip pain to the point that I can not walk. I had seen 2 do..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "As the wife of a person who had her as his surgeon for a knee replacement I have to say that the surgery was anything but successful. He did his exercises fait..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng replaced both my knees 10 months apart. Dec. 2012 and Sept. 2013. I was confident the 2nd knee would go well since the first knee gave me no trouble..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible surgeon. It is now four years and three surgeries by specialists after the total knee replacement she did for me. I have had mobility problems and lack..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr chang when I was still expiriencing incessant pain 6 months after sugary for a broken wrist. Her manner was deplorable. She said "you nee..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have talked to many health care professionals and not one can understand the situation Dr. Cheng has caused and continues to ignore…. 9 hip displacements pos..."

June 13, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://droliviacheng.com". Postal Code has been updated from "L9Y0" to "L9Y 3Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "500 Ontario Street, Collingwood". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17054670701".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "We went to see her for my son's knee and left feeling very defeated. She did not want to entertain anything I had to say. He is 16 and should not be told it ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng is a very caring and kind surgeon. She fixed my collarbone and now I'm back riding again."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my tibia and Dr. Cheng fix it for me. I'm very grateful. She's an excellent doctor and very kind."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Cheng fixed my rotator cuff tear. Her team was excellent. The hospital staff were very kind. I Recovered well from the surgery."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng performed bilateral knee replacement on me. I am now pain free. I live and work on a farm, for many years I lived in pain. Now, I'm able to work arou..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, seemed very knowledgeable. Had to wait THREE HOURS for my appointment, which is unacceptable. Suggestion: if there are circumstances that cause ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng may be a wonderful surgeon, but I had my knee replacement surgery cancelled because Collingwood General and Marine hospital is not geared up to operat..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery in March to have a bursa removed from my right foot. The waiting time for the surgery was quicker then anticipated. Dr. Cheng and her staff were v..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In August I have fractured my right foot and during this time I was under the care of Dr. Cheng. Her expertise, knowledge and care was exceptional in every way...."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering with knee arthritis for many years. I was referred to Dr.Cheng for knee replacement. The wait was a little longer than expected. But I am ..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I injured my elbow downhill mountain biking. Dr. Cheng fixed me up and I'm now back on the bike again. Thank you for your care Dr. Cheng."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with Dr Cheng's skill and caring . My torn tendons have been repaired and I am back to my usual activities."

September 21, 2014