Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

I have nothing but the best to say about Olivia. She is great and fixed my shoulder like it was new. I had considerable damage to my clavicle and required a steel plate and many screws to repair it. I was absolutely amazed as to how quickly I recovered and how much use I currently have. I injured myself on Jan. 31st while skiing and I am now getting set to hike through the jungles of Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize exploring the Mayan ruins and culture. I would never have been able to have attended this trip without Olivia's excellent skill and care. Many, many thanks. :)

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

She has great bedside manner and was not pushing me to surgery which I was happy about for my knee. We are going going the conventional route with a brace and injection of gel.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I had minor knee surgery performed by Dr. Cheng. She was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and I felt like I could really trust her. After surgery, I recovered really well. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Cheng and her staff were friendly, helpful and a joy to work with. The surgical staff at Collingwood General and Marine Hospital are awesome. Things moved smoothly and quickly throughout the whole procedure. I enjoyed working with Dr. Cheng and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Great Surgeon and a very pleasant lady to deal with.Explains what procedure is involved if you want to know. Follows up in the hospital and also at her clinic.Her clinic is always packed ,but is well organized to handle the large volume of patients(not on time -scheduled time ). But when it is your turn to speak with Dr. Cheng ,she never rushs you in and out ,but takes time to check your progress and listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Cheng after I was told that my badly torn Rotator Cuff could not be repaired. Dr. Cheng very quickly determined that she could do the surgery with good success and scheduled me in as a priority due to the extent of the skiing accident.The surgery went well and have regained 90% of my normal movement. Dr. Cheng is both a very skilled surgeon and has a remarkable personality that instills confidence in the patient !

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I found Dr. Cheng to be very competent and friendly. My arthroscopic surgery went smoothly and has heal very well in a short period of time. There were no complications afterwards. I have full mobility and hope to continue skiing this coming winter.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dec.5,11 had full left knee replacement.Dr. Cheng is very professional, answers questions, and is helpful. Surgery went very well, pleased with results and attended daughters wedding 25 days later without cane or walker. Ready for Full right knee surgery, Sept. 10., 2012. Confident things will go well again. Important to follow given instructions and do physio therapy regularly. Since last surgery have cycled, hiked and only due to 2nd leg holding me back have had a good summer. Thank you Dr. Cheng. M.F.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Cheng's reputation proceeded our first meeting. We were told that she was one of the best new surgeons out of Toronto. I was very unhappy with the run around I got from my previous surgeon who did not pay attention to my needs or pain. After meeting Dr.Cheng, who I found to be interested and understanding of my situation, we had to wait for a while for a surgery slot. When my first knee was done I was happy to hear that this was the right surgery for me and that she would schedule my other knee soon. My second knee had to be done because of the new nerve pain after the first leg was straightened. In summary, this the first year anniversary of the first operation. I did my physiotherapy as prescribed and I am very happy with my new knees. Dr. Cheng follows up with you in the hospital and afterwards and is very interested in you healing.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Dr. Cheng has performed surgery on both shoulders with excellent results.She is extremely competent, professional and courteous. Always takes the time to answer any questions,and was very helpful with scheduling the surgeries when it worked best for me.I am very satisfied with all aspects of care and interaction with Dr. Cheng and recommend her to any patient who requires a skilled orthopedic surgeon. I sincerely wish that she remains in the area, I much preferred dealing with her in a small town setting as compared to a big city hospital. 5 stars for Dr. Cheng!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013