You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

Great Surgeon and a very pleasant lady to deal with.Explains what procedure is involved if you want to know. Follows up in the hospital and also at her clinic.Her clinic is always packed ,but is well organized to handle the large volume of patients(not on time -scheduled time ). But when it is your turn to speak with Dr. Cheng ,she never rushs you in and out ,but takes time to check your progress and listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Cheng after I was told that my badly torn Rotator Cuff could not be repaired. Dr. Cheng very quickly determined that she could do the surgery with good success and scheduled me in as a priority due to the extent of the skiing accident.The surgery went well and have regained 90% of my normal movement. Dr. Cheng is both a very skilled surgeon and has a remarkable personality that instills confidence in the patient !

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I found Dr. Cheng to be very competent and friendly. My arthroscopic surgery went smoothly and has heal very well in a short period of time. There were no complications afterwards. I have full mobility and hope to continue skiing this coming winter.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dec.5,11 had full left knee replacement.Dr. Cheng is very professional, answers questions, and is helpful. Surgery went very well, pleased with results and attended daughters wedding 25 days later without cane or walker. Ready for Full right knee surgery, Sept. 10., 2012. Confident things will go well again. Important to follow given instructions and do physio therapy regularly. Since last surgery have cycled, hiked and only due to 2nd leg holding me back have had a good summer. Thank you Dr. Cheng. M.F.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Cheng's reputation proceeded our first meeting. We were told that she was one of the best new surgeons out of Toronto. I was very unhappy with the run around I got from my previous surgeon who did not pay attention to my needs or pain. After meeting Dr.Cheng, who I found to be interested and understanding of my situation, we had to wait for a while for a surgery slot. When my first knee was done I was happy to hear that this was the right surgery for me and that she would schedule my other knee soon. My second knee had to be done because of the new nerve pain after the first leg was straightened. In summary, this the first year anniversary of the first operation. I did my physiotherapy as prescribed and I am very happy with my new knees. Dr. Cheng follows up with you in the hospital and afterwards and is very interested in you healing.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Dr. Cheng has performed surgery on both shoulders with excellent results.She is extremely competent, professional and courteous. Always takes the time to answer any questions,and was very helpful with scheduling the surgeries when it worked best for me.I am very satisfied with all aspects of care and interaction with Dr. Cheng and recommend her to any patient who requires a skilled orthopedic surgeon. I sincerely wish that she remains in the area, I much preferred dealing with her in a small town setting as compared to a big city hospital. 5 stars for Dr. Cheng!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Cheng is an extremely personable and skilled surgeon. She has operated on my foot (in Collingwood) and on my knee (in Midland), and both times the experience has been excellent. She has a great rapport with the other members of the surgical teams, which inspires confidence while waiting for the surgery to begin. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cheng.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Having a double knee surgery on Dec 17/12 after months of pain and stooped over, the I required the support of braces on both legs. Dr Chengs miracle surgery allowed me to walk up right and tall with no pain. The day after the surgery I was walking and haven't stopped since, returning home in 4 days after surgery. I can attribute this to the paramount care and stellar performance of Dr. Cheng, the medical staff, physiotherapists and the hospital caregivers. A sincere THANK YOU to Dr. Cheng for her professionalism, personal approach with tenderness, sincererity and making me feel like I was her only patient when dealing with my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr.Cheng is amazing ! Absolutely an incredible surgeon! Along with her professional attributes comes a very personable kind and compassionate person. I had a substantial compound fracture from an accident and needless to say I am very grateful to have been lucky enough to have had Dr.Cheng as my surgeon. Thank you Dr.Cheng !

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr Cheng was very pleasant to talk to. She explained the operation required. The wait time for surgery was 6 months due to O.R. availability. My recovery from the surgery was very quick, much more so than I had expected it would be. I had a bone spur removed and repairs to the rotator cuff and other tendons. I had very little pain after the surgery. In fact far less than I had prior to the surgery. At 5 weeks post surgery, I have been in physiotherapy for 3 weeks and am quickly regaining the movement of my shoulder that I have not had for several years. I have found the physio painful but know it is necessary to achieve the full use of my shoulder again. I would highly recommend Dr Cheng. She is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Dr. Olivia Cheng's Credentials

• University of Toronto

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my collarbone playing soccer. Dr.Cheng fix it for me with a plate and bunch of screws. I'm all healed up and back playing soccer."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was cycling in Collingwood when I broke my hip. Dr. Cheng fixed my hip with a rod and screws. I recovered well. She was very kind and professional. She expla..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a shoulder replacement surgery and thought I would have at least 12 weeks recovery. I had no pain after the initial hospital stay of 3 days and was back ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Olivia Chang to be very professional, thorough, and kind. She described the procedure and told me what to expect. She said to call her if I had ques..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Her first attempt at fixing my achilles tendon and bone spur led to an active infection in the wound. She proceeded to do a second surgery as the wound would n..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Cheng is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. I am 21 and an active athlete. I suffer from debilitating hip pain to the point that I can not walk. I had seen 2 do..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "As the wife of a person who had her as his surgeon for a knee replacement I have to say that the surgery was anything but successful. He did his exercises fait..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng replaced both my knees 10 months apart. Dec. 2012 and Sept. 2013. I was confident the 2nd knee would go well since the first knee gave me no trouble..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible surgeon. It is now four years and three surgeries by specialists after the total knee replacement she did for me. I have had mobility problems and lack..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr chang when I was still expiriencing incessant pain 6 months after sugary for a broken wrist. Her manner was deplorable. She said "you nee..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have talked to many health care professionals and not one can understand the situation Dr. Cheng has caused and continues to ignore…. 9 hip displacements pos..."

June 13, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://droliviacheng.com". Postal Code has been updated from "L9Y0" to "L9Y 3Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "500 Ontario Street, Collingwood". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17054670701".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "We went to see her for my son's knee and left feeling very defeated. She did not want to entertain anything I had to say. He is 16 and should not be told it ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng is a very caring and kind surgeon. She fixed my collarbone and now I'm back riding again."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my tibia and Dr. Cheng fix it for me. I'm very grateful. She's an excellent doctor and very kind."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Cheng fixed my rotator cuff tear. Her team was excellent. The hospital staff were very kind. I Recovered well from the surgery."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng performed bilateral knee replacement on me. I am now pain free. I live and work on a farm, for many years I lived in pain. Now, I'm able to work arou..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, seemed very knowledgeable. Had to wait THREE HOURS for my appointment, which is unacceptable. Suggestion: if there are circumstances that cause ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng may be a wonderful surgeon, but I had my knee replacement surgery cancelled because Collingwood General and Marine hospital is not geared up to operat..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery in March to have a bursa removed from my right foot. The waiting time for the surgery was quicker then anticipated. Dr. Cheng and her staff were v..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In August I have fractured my right foot and during this time I was under the care of Dr. Cheng. Her expertise, knowledge and care was exceptional in every way...."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering with knee arthritis for many years. I was referred to Dr.Cheng for knee replacement. The wait was a little longer than expected. But I am ..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I injured my elbow downhill mountain biking. Dr. Cheng fixed me up and I'm now back on the bike again. Thank you for your care Dr. Cheng."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with Dr Cheng's skill and caring . My torn tendons have been repaired and I am back to my usual activities."

September 21, 2014