You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

As the wife of a person who had her as his surgeon for a knee replacement I have to say that the surgery was anything but successful. He did his exercises faithfully but when the knee was put in crooked and with her refusal to listen to his concerns that something was not right, we find ourselves in the 4th year of corrective surgery. The financial and emotional frustration have taken it's toll and we have not been able to do many of the activities we enjoyed. How can a surgeon who will not refer a patient on when there are problems be considered good.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Cheng replaced both my knees 10 months apart. Dec. 2012 and Sept. 2013. I was confident the 2nd knee would go well since the first knee gave me no trouble after surgery. Her listening skills are excellent, her follow ups encouraging and helpful. I am sure those that are having trouble after surgery have not been consistent in their exercises which is extremely important. She has a kind and thoughtful manner and is always upbeat. I would recommend her anytime. Thank you Dr. Cheng.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Terrible surgeon. It is now four years and three surgeries by specialists after the total knee replacement she did for me. I have had mobility problems and lack of ROM because of her incompetence and total lack of care and follow up.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I was referred to Dr chang when I was still expiriencing incessant pain 6 months after sugary for a broken wrist. Her manner was deplorable. She said "you need surgery, so do you want it" and then left the room without discussing the pros and cons. I sensed that she thought spending the time to review my options so that I could make an informed choice was beneath her. I gather that she thinks very highly of herself.

Submitted July 20, 2015

We went to see her for my son's knee and left feeling very defeated. She did not want to entertain anything I had to say. He is 16 and should not be told it is normal wear and tear.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Cheng performed bilateral knee replacement on me. I am now pain free. I live and work on a farm, for many years I lived in pain. Now, I'm able to work around the farm again. Thank you Dr. Cheng

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Great doctor, seemed very knowledgeable. Had to wait THREE HOURS for my appointment, which is unacceptable. Suggestion: if there are circumstances that cause her to be this late, someone should inform the patients and let them reschedule their appointments. I would rather reschedule than wait THREE HOURS in an uncomfortable waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Olivia Cheng's Credentials

• University of Toronto

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I injured my biceps tendon in Toronto. Travelled to Collingwood. Dr. O fixed my biceps tendon. I'm back to work and sports. Thank you Dr. O"

May 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best Dr ever,very happy with her professionalism. Dr Cheng is caring and very pleasant o deal with,fixed my knee best as it can be.very good with knee injection..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Having torn three Rotator Cuff muscles I was afraid of potentially long Ontario wait times. However, Dr.Olivia Cheng came to the rescue, performed surgery withi..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was snowboarding at Blue Mountain when I broke my tibia and fibula. Dr. Cheng was very kind and caring. She fixed me up with rod and screws. I was able to wa..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my collarbone playing soccer. Dr.Cheng fix it for me with a plate and bunch of screws. I'm all healed up and back playing soccer."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was cycling in Collingwood when I broke my hip. Dr. Cheng fixed my hip with a rod and screws. I recovered well. She was very kind and professional. She expla..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a shoulder replacement surgery and thought I would have at least 12 weeks recovery. I had no pain after the initial hospital stay of 3 days and was back ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Olivia Chang to be very professional, thorough, and kind. She described the procedure and told me what to expect. She said to call her if I had ques..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Her first attempt at fixing my achilles tendon and bone spur led to an active infection in the wound. She proceeded to do a second surgery as the wound would n..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Cheng is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. I am 21 and an active athlete. I suffer from debilitating hip pain to the point that I can not walk. I had seen 2 do..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "As the wife of a person who had her as his surgeon for a knee replacement I have to say that the surgery was anything but successful. He did his exercises fait..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng replaced both my knees 10 months apart. Dec. 2012 and Sept. 2013. I was confident the 2nd knee would go well since the first knee gave me no trouble..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible surgeon. It is now four years and three surgeries by specialists after the total knee replacement she did for me. I have had mobility problems and lack..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr chang when I was still expiriencing incessant pain 6 months after sugary for a broken wrist. Her manner was deplorable. She said "you nee..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have talked to many health care professionals and not one can understand the situation Dr. Cheng has caused and continues to ignore…. 9 hip displacements pos..."

June 13, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://droliviacheng.com". Postal Code has been updated from "L9Y0" to "L9Y 3Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "500 Ontario Street, Collingwood". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17054670701".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "We went to see her for my son's knee and left feeling very defeated. She did not want to entertain anything I had to say. He is 16 and should not be told it ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng is a very caring and kind surgeon. She fixed my collarbone and now I'm back riding again."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my tibia and Dr. Cheng fix it for me. I'm very grateful. She's an excellent doctor and very kind."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Cheng fixed my rotator cuff tear. Her team was excellent. The hospital staff were very kind. I Recovered well from the surgery."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng performed bilateral knee replacement on me. I am now pain free. I live and work on a farm, for many years I lived in pain. Now, I'm able to work arou..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, seemed very knowledgeable. Had to wait THREE HOURS for my appointment, which is unacceptable. Suggestion: if there are circumstances that cause ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cheng may be a wonderful surgeon, but I had my knee replacement surgery cancelled because Collingwood General and Marine hospital is not geared up to operat..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery in March to have a bursa removed from my right foot. The waiting time for the surgery was quicker then anticipated. Dr. Cheng and her staff were v..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In August I have fractured my right foot and during this time I was under the care of Dr. Cheng. Her expertise, knowledge and care was exceptional in every way...."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering with knee arthritis for many years. I was referred to Dr.Cheng for knee replacement. The wait was a little longer than expected. But I am ..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I injured my elbow downhill mountain biking. Dr. Cheng fixed me up and I'm now back on the bike again. Thank you for your care Dr. Cheng."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with Dr Cheng's skill and caring . My torn tendons have been repaired and I am back to my usual activities."

September 21, 2014