You may also like

Rate Dr. Olivia Cheng

Dr. Olivia Cheng's Ratings

Her first attempt at fixing my achilles tendon and bone spur led to an active infection in the wound. She proceeded to do a second surgery as the wound would not close. This led to further aggressive debridement in an unsterile environment and without treating the infection. She inflicted unnecessary pain and jepordized my health and possible bone infection and limb loss. After 5.5 months I went to St. Mikes and had a successful surgery there. It was at St. Mike's that I learned I had metal screws in my heel that housed bacteria and until all matter that was put in there by her were removed it would never heal properly. It is and was a terrible ordeal that taught me you need to ask lots of questions and if it doesn't feel right don't let them proceed. I was too quiet and trusting. Never again. I rave about St. Mikes!! I was not a tough case and it should have gone smoother. The success was not her's and she only created a stressful time for my family. I asked what could be wrong in the beginning of the recovery process and she was unsure. I was no more than a foot that she practiced and failed on. I would never reccommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

Dr Cheng is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. I am 21 and an active athlete. I suffer from debilitating hip pain to the point that I can not walk. I had seen 2 doctors previous to her that just put me on narcotics for pain and told me to wait the year wait time to see a hip specialist. I travelled 3 hours from home to see Dr Cheng and it was worth it. She took the time to investigate further then the other doctors and found the underlining issues regarding my pain. She explained everything and answered all my questions. She was to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything, which I like. I wish I had seen her sooner, I highly recommend others to see her, especially if you have long wait times in your city.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2902580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2015

As the wife of a person who had her as his surgeon for a knee replacement I have to say that the surgery was anything but successful. He did his exercises faithfully but when the knee was put in crooked and with her refusal to listen to his concerns that something was not right, we find ourselves in the 4th year of corrective surgery. The financial and emotional frustration have taken it's toll and we have not been able to do many of the activities we enjoyed. How can a surgeon who will not refer a patient on when there are problems be considered good.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2893036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Cheng replaced both my knees 10 months apart. Dec. 2012 and Sept. 2013. I was confident the 2nd knee would go well since the first knee gave me no trouble after surgery. Her listening skills are excellent, her follow ups encouraging and helpful. I am sure those that are having trouble after surgery have not been consistent in their exercises which is extremely important. She has a kind and thoughtful manner and is always upbeat. I would recommend her anytime. Thank you Dr. Cheng.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

Terrible surgeon. It is now four years and three surgeries by specialists after the total knee replacement she did for me. I have had mobility problems and lack of ROM because of her incompetence and total lack of care and follow up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2872896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I was referred to Dr chang when I was still expiriencing incessant pain 6 months after sugary for a broken wrist. Her manner was deplorable. She said "you need surgery, so do you want it" and then left the room without discussing the pros and cons. I sensed that she thought spending the time to review my options so that I could make an informed choice was beneath her. I gather that she thinks very highly of herself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2871045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

We went to see her for my son's knee and left feeling very defeated. She did not want to entertain anything I had to say. He is 16 and should not be told it is normal wear and tear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Cheng is a very caring and kind surgeon. She fixed my collarbone and now I'm back riding again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2767213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I broke my tibia and Dr. Cheng fix it for me. I'm very grateful. She's an excellent doctor and very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Dr.Cheng fixed my rotator cuff tear. Her team was excellent. The hospital staff were very kind. I Recovered well from the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660726].votes_count ]]