Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

I injured my biceps tendon in Toronto. Travelled to Collingwood. Dr. O fixed my biceps tendon. I'm back to work and sports. Thank you Dr. O

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Best Dr ever,very happy with her professionalism. Dr Cheng is caring and very pleasant o deal with,fixed my knee best as it can be.very good with knee injections.Bravo and thx Fred Midland

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Having torn three Rotator Cuff muscles I was afraid of potentially long Ontario wait times. However, Dr.Olivia Cheng came to the rescue, performed surgery within a few weeks and expertly reattached the muscles. After the prescribed physiotherapy my shoulder regained 98% functionality within six months. It is now 2.5 years later and my shoulder is fully functional. I want to thank Dr Cheng not only for her prompt and expert surgery but also taking the time to fully explain the procedure and answering questions.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I was snowboarding at Blue Mountain when I broke my tibia and fibula. Dr. Cheng was very kind and caring. She fixed me up with rod and screws. I was able to walk on it right away. I'm now back home and I just want to say thank you for looking after me.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I broke my collarbone playing soccer. Dr.Cheng fix it for me with a plate and bunch of screws. I'm all healed up and back playing soccer.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I was cycling in Collingwood when I broke my hip. Dr. Cheng fixed my hip with a rod and screws. I recovered well. She was very kind and professional. She explained to me about my injury and how she was going to fix it. I was informed every step of the way. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I had a shoulder replacement surgery and thought I would have at least 12 weeks recovery. I had no pain after the initial hospital stay of 3 days and was back to my normal life within 3 weeks.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I found Dr. Olivia Chang to be very professional, thorough, and kind. She described the procedure and told me what to expect. She said to call her if I had questions prior to and following the surgery . I would recommend her to my friends,

Submitted September 18, 2015

Her first attempt at fixing my achilles tendon and bone spur led to an active infection in the wound. She proceeded to do a second surgery as the wound would not close. This led to further aggressive debridement in an unsterile environment and without treating the infection. She inflicted unnecessary pain and jepordized my health and possible bone infection and limb loss. After 5.5 months I went to St. Mikes and had a successful surgery there. It was at St. Mike's that I learned I had metal screws in my heel that housed bacteria and until all matter that was put in there by her were removed it would never heal properly. It is and was a terrible ordeal that taught me you need to ask lots of questions and if it doesn't feel right don't let them proceed. I was too quiet and trusting. Never again. I rave about St. Mikes!! I was not a tough case and it should have gone smoother. The success was not her's and she only created a stressful time for my family. I asked what could be wrong in the beginning of the recovery process and she was unsure. I was no more than a foot that she practiced and failed on. I would never reccommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr Cheng is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. I am 21 and an active athlete. I suffer from debilitating hip pain to the point that I can not walk. I had seen 2 doctors previous to her that just put me on narcotics for pain and told me to wait the year wait time to see a hip specialist. I travelled 3 hours from home to see Dr Cheng and it was worth it. She took the time to investigate further then the other doctors and found the underlining issues regarding my pain. She explained everything and answered all my questions. She was to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything, which I like. I wish I had seen her sooner, I highly recommend others to see her, especially if you have long wait times in your city.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015