Dr. Olivia Cheng

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Olivia Cheng

Dr. Cheng fixed my femur for me. I did physiotherapy as she recommended and I'm back playing sports. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

My experience with Dr, Cheng was very positive. I had my left hip replacement done on June 27, 2017. I feel she did a great job for me as I have had a good recovery. I did as I was asked, went to physio and was very diligent with my exercises which I think is the key to a good recovery. On my follow up meetings with Dr, Cheng, I personally have found her very helpful, answers my questions and always has a smiling face and a good manner towards her patient. Thank you Dr. Cheng.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

As part of my "treatment" for an ankle injury, I was told I needed orthotics from her clinic and had to pay for exercise classes. She told me to take three weeks off work and I should be better. She then asked me if I had insurance, and when I said yes, wanted to sell me a walking boot that day after telling me to get off my feet for three weeks. When I asked why I would need it if I was supposed to be off my feet, she said after a long pause, "Well maybe it would help with the injury". A few weeks with the orthotics and I started to feel some discomfort in my upper leg. I was told that I couldn't see the doctor, that I would have to let the physiotherapist work on it first. He fractured my leg in two places and destroyed the muscle in my leg. I haven't worked in over a year and all I got was "I'm sorry" while she looked at the floor. While trying to assess the initial problem in the leg, she prescribed me morphine and gabapentin without telling me what the second was or what she was treating me for. I wasn't interested in pain management, I wanted the problem diagnosed and dealt with. She lied to me multiple times during my visits including, but not limited to, giving me her card and telling me to have my employer call her in place of giving me a note. At the end of this ordeal, when I asked her if I should have my employer call her, she said no because they can't tell them anything over the phone. So why did she twice tell me it was fine before that? She told me she knew what was causing the pain and it would be gone in two weeks but she never actually told me what she thought the problem was. She is the most irresponsible professional I have ever had to deal with. Read some of the other negative reviews here. Regardless of how you are referred to Olivia Cheng, you do not have to use her or her clinic. Exercise your right to choose. You'll thank me later.

Submitted October 30, 2017

I injured my ACL while skiing last year. Dr. Cheng fixed my ACL and now I'm back.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr Cheng did the surgery on my arm years ago after shattering the bone in a snowboarding accident. She was absolutely amazing, she had no problems calling my father to discuss the treatment plan with him. She was easy to talk to and made the process less horrible than it already was. I hate hospitals since I only ever seem to be in them when things have gone very badly but her and her skill and knowledge made the experience less horrid.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Cheng has been incredible with my mother and has advocated for her. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Cheng was wonderful. Very skilled, compasionate, warm and efficient. She repaired a knee injury and got me on the right path towards regaining my active lifestyle. Great staff. Nice facility. No long waits. Her cortisone shots were a breeze. Thanks Dr. Cheng! It's so nice to be out on the trails again!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Terrible bedside manner when we saw her twice at the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital. Once she moved across the street to her own office, her attitude changed, she was nice. When she bought the on Ontario St., Collingwood, she was continued to be nice. Said my husband had no cartilage in his knee and would eventually need a knee replacement but wouldn't do it before he is 65 yrs. old. She had her husband recommend & then sell us an expensive knee brace (we have no coverage, so this was out of pocket) that my husband used for only 4 months, but by following his gut instincts, my husband strengthened his knee on his own and hasn't needed this expensive brace since then. So why wasn't exercise recommended to strengthen his knee?! Instead, we paid for an expensive brace that's just gathering dust! Will never go back to her!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

great service... knowledgable, friendly and very skilled

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Olivia Cheng

Dr. Olivia Cheng's response
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you are getting better.

Submitted June 26, 2017

I had stem cell injection for my knee. I feel great. no pain, no swelling. I'm curling and golfing. I'm glad I had it done.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017