Ratings for Dr. Michael Setzen

The staff and Dr Setzen were extremely patient and kind to my son. Dr Setzen explained all findings thoroughly and explained necessary procedures that would be needed to address my son's condition. He also suggested to have second opinion if we felt it was warranted which made me feel he was very trustworthy. He performed an Adenoidectomy, Frenectomy and resection of Turbinate's at the Ambulatory Surgical Center at Northwwell Manhasset. Dr Setzen explained everything in detail to my son, me and my husband before the surgery. He made sure he was comfortable and answered all of his questions. The OR staff were also very kind and efficient. I was able to walk him into the OR and stay with him until the anesthesia was administered. This alleviated all of his and my pre-op fears. The surgery was done in less than an hour. He had a mild sore throat that day in which Tylenol worked. Minimal nasal drainage. He was able to go to his friends pool party two days later with no problems. We had follow up one week later at Dr Setzens office with no complications. Our speech therapist said "The Doctor did a great job" Overall great experience. As a Mom and a registered nurse for 27 years, I would have to say that Dr Setzen has to be one of the Best ENT surgeons that I have ever known. When I asked the other nurses I worked with about him, they all said the same thing "Your son will be in the best of hands". Thank you Dr Setzen and staff, Mary Stallone (P.J.'s Mom)

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Balloon Dilation Eustachian tube gave me relief of pain and pressure in my ears-also I was having ongoing sinus problems and nasal congestion and this was relieved with nasal and sinus surgery. Dr.Setzen gave me a new lease on life and I am very thankful. I highly recommend Dr.Setzen should you have this problem. David Bross, Long Island,New York

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

I have been under Dr Stetzen's care for more than 15 years. I have had major sinus problems and he is the only Doctor able to cure me. I moved to California and after seeing other Doctors, I now will ONLY allow Dr. Stetzen to treat me. I make sure I come back to New York and Drive out to Long Island, just to see him. He is the greatest and most thorough Doctor you will ever meet. I had over 100 polyps removed last April, 2011 - I am 100% perfect now and have had zero issues. I now have follow ups every 3 months. He changed my life. No more infections and no more difficulty breathing. My entire quality of life has changed, as anyone with chronic sinus problems can tell you - how difficult it can be to live with these issues. I am forever grateful to Dr. Stetzen!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Dr. Setzen solved my chronic sinus infection problem with surgery and follow up care. I had many hospitalizations for exacerbated asthma caused by the infections. Other ENTs would not operate because of the asthma even though the asthma was being caused by the infection. Dr. Setzen promised to make me well and he has. He treats me as if I am his only patient. He explains everything thoroughly and he is up to date in his practices and education. I couldn't recommend a finer doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

There is no other way to explain this doctor. He is perfect in every sense of the word. If you are honestly looking for a doctor that actually cares for each patient and doesn't see you as a number. I highly recommend this outstanding doctor. From the first appointment you will see how nice of a man he is. Not only is he nice but he is an outstanding surgeon. I had a major case of a deviated septum and have never been able to breathe out of my left nostril. Now i am breathing freely and couldn't be any happy!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

I am very unhappy with my rhinoplasty results. I am in need of a revision to repair my aestetic and functional problems.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011