Ratings for Dr. John Vanderkooy

Dr. Vanderkooy is currently helping me with depression. His style is blunt and helpful. I like the way he re-directs my thinking and leaves me with helpful ideas or steps to lead me to wellness.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Vanderkooy is the most amazing doctor I have ever spoken to. He was so helpful I did I mention he was helpful? I would give him 6 stars out of 5.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

I went to him when I was younger and going through a really rough time in my life with depression I was about grade 10-11. I actually found him very compassionate and he did a lot for me. I found him easy to talk to because he was down to earth and easy to talk to and I've been to other doctors that have seemed too stuck up for me to tell them anything. I'd say give him a try...it takes a while to find the right psychiatrist...I went through a lot and no one will get along with everyone. It's a long process.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

I am one of his patients for his psychiatric clinic. I find that he can hurt my feelings and make me feel disgusting even when he says nothing. When I weigh myself, he stares at me as if I am a morbidly obese freakshow act, and all I do is blush deep red, suck in my stomach, and cry afterwards. I find it absolutely deplorable for a medical professional who prides himself in running an equitable, inclusive, and tolerant practice. He has driven me to such awful lengths, and I am thoroughly disgusted by his behaviour. His staring is shameful and adds to the depression that the medication is trying to get rid of, and possibly that the weight gain is a side-effect of the meds, and I expect him to know that, or at least not stare.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011