Ratings for Dr. Audrey Dye

Doctor Dye gives me (and even my teenaged kids) the impression that she just does not care. She does not bother to run tests or follow through with referrals. She brushes every health concern off with " maybe you are under stress" or " you are getting older" and does not take anything seriously. I have had to quit my job and be bed ridden for 2 years and I don't know what is wrong because Dr. Dye will not take me seriously and other doctors tell me I need to go through my family doctor first. The staff is very rude and frustrating to talk to. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. You are better off with no family doctor than one who refuses to help you.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Dye has been my doctor for round about five or six years now and she is, hands down, the best doctor I've ever had! Sure, you may be left waiting for quite a while after your actual appointment time in order to get in to see her, but this is because she takes time with her patients...I never feel rushed and I feel like I am being listened to and taken care of. She is very empathetic and has even offered a hug to me when I need it. We just had a house fire and I lost all of my meds...she ensured that I get replacements for those quickly and she offered a sympathetic ear when I needed to talk about the situation. We may have to move out of Bowmanville now and that may mean losing her as a doctor. I am extremely upset over that prospect. I highly recommend Dr. Dye to anyone who is lucky enough to sign onto her services! Oh, and I love her staff, too!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I really like Dr. Dye, she is caring, knowledgeable and always makes me feel well taken care of. She never rushes her patients which is why there is often a wait time. Staff leave something to be desired, I was told by the receptionist that I could not get my infant in for an emergency appt. after he had been in the hospital and when I spoke to Dr. Dye about this she was very upset as she always keeps space free for children. All in all great doctor and we will be sticking with her.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr.Dye is a very caring, empathetic doctor. She takes the time to see you which makes not not worried about waiting in her office to see her. Her staff are a joke, the receptionists are ignorant. The new nurse she has is ridiculous and seems incompetent, and I do not trust her for any form of task involving myself or my kids.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

If I could switch Drs, I would. Dr Dye seems not to care what is going on. Often tells me my issues are due to age - I am 46! Does not provide helpful advice. Doesn't seem confident in her knowledge. Is often quite vague with her answers. I would NOT recommend this Dr to new patients.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr. Dye is very helpful and caring. She always follows up on issues and makes sure that you get your tests done. This is the first doctor that I have had that made sure I had tests completed that need to be done as we get older. Her biggest fall back is her staff. They spend more time gossiping and talking then looking after business and do not always relay messages to the doctors.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

I had to have 4 appointments for her to write one medcial note. She seems distracted all the time. I had to repeate want she neeed on the note for 2 visits.On the last visit I asked question(re back problem and she just said I do not know

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

If you have an appointment expect to wait an average of 45 to an hr. Tried booking the first appt time of the day and she was an hr late arriving to work no apologies ever... we have busy lives too!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr Dye does not make you feel confident. She will say "I think we should do this test or have you see this Dr" then she doesnt do it. She will also repeat herself in such a way that it makes you feel stupid. I am switching doctors as soon as I can.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Dye is a relatively new doctor but as compared to my old doctor who retired a few years ago, she seems MUCH friendlier, empathetic, and knowledgeable. She listens carefully to my concerns and always addresses them...she takes time to actually discuss my health concerns and I never feel rushed out of her office like I do with other doctors. She is the first doctor I have ever had who insisted that I have a complete physical...this physical was very thorough and she was kind and gentle throughout. She also gives excellent advice that has been very helpful to me. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011