Ratings for Dr. Luciana Parlea

I love this doctor! She has been our family doctor for over 10 years and not once has she let us down! The only negative aspect is the waiting time, which can make you go crazy. She is nice and understanding and listens! She send me to the best specialist that take me in faster than any other specialists. She has been a fantastic doctor so far

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Parlea did not listen to what I had to say; I could read the notes she had taken on the computer screen--they contradicted what I had just told her. I felt dismissed, but assumed that the communication failure was my fault. However, the sense of being dismissed was intensified when I asked what steps I could take to ameliorate my symptoms as a lower-income patient without insurance (prescriptions for my chronic condition being completely out of reach): instead of offering some ideas or advice, she told me to come back "when you are ready to look after your condition." I was very poor for two years, and that was one of the worst moments of it. I had to go to work immediately after the appointment, and I spent the whole bus ride (unsuccessfully) trying not to cry. She's probably OK if you have insurance.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Hard to say whether or not she has any knowledge. She's too rude to find out. Can't get out of her office fast enough. Calling the office is like calling a radio station for a contest. Good luck. But receptionist is very nice if you're lucky enough to get through.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Poor knowledge. Doesn't care about her patients. Very disappointed

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Staff never answer phone and won't answer questions or forward concerns to Parlea. Parlea not helpful , always in a hurry, poor knowledge and pretty much wants appointment over as fast a possible. Does not want to review thoroughly blood test results nor offer explanation or answers.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Fabulous Dr.! Very knowledgable and patient with questions.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I am very happy that I am her patient I have not experienced any of the negative things posted on the site I have only found her to be extremely kind and caring and understanding And I found that her staff did an exceptional work Ray G

Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Parlea has been a wonderful doctor to me. She takes the time to make sure everything is going the way it should. Reviews the different options with you and genuinely seems to care. I have nothing but good things to say about her and would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Had an amazing experience! I went to her with sort of an embarrassing physiological issue, and she took care of it right there. She was gently, caring, and very attentive. When we were done, both doctor and patient were very satisfied. She seems serious, but wow... knows what to do! - Jim

Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr Parlea in my opinion is one of those Drs that would prefer everyone to have surgery to fix their problems. I mentioned to her I had managed to lose 71lbs, to which she responded I had a lot more to go. I am heavy yes, but slow weight loss is key to maintaining & keeping the weight off. She also tried to push bariatric weight loss surgery on me saying it was non - invasive & less problems than a gastric band. As I work in the healthcare sector I know that bariatric weight loss surgery is FAR more invasive. Had little to no concern over my feelings & my desires to work on things myself saying I would never be able to lose the weight myself either. The only good thing she did was put me on Victoza which has seen a HUGE reduction in my insulin usage. The receptionist is very unfriendly & her telephone manner is atrocious.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr. Luciana Parlea's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I love this doctor! She has been our family doctor for over 10 years and not once has she let us down! The only negative aspect is the waiting time, which can m..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Parlea did not listen to what I had to say; I could read the notes she had taken on the computer screen--they contradicted what I had just told her. I felt d..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Hard to say whether or not she has any knowledge. She's too rude to find out. Can't get out of her office fast enough. Calling the office is like calling a radi..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Poor knowledge. Doesn't care about her patients. Very disappointed"

February 18, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Staff never answer phone and won't answer questions or forward concerns to Parlea. Parlea not helpful , always in a hurry, poor knowledge and pretty much wants ..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fabulous Dr.! Very knowledgable and patient with questions."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I am very happy that I am her patient I have not experienced any of the negative things posted on the site I have only found her to be extremely kind and c..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parlea has been a wonderful doctor to me. She takes the time to make sure everything is going the way it should. Reviews the different options with you an..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Had an amazing experience! I went to her with sort of an embarrassing physiological issue, and she took care of it right there. She was gently, caring, and ve..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Parlea in my opinion is one of those Drs that would prefer everyone to have surgery to fix their problems. I mentioned to her I had managed to lose 71lbs, t..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Never go here. Avoid at all costs. Horrible, cheap, lack of professionalism, and should not even be a doctor. Plus, waiting 3 hours for a 5 minute appointment i..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely blessed to finally have a knowledgable doctor who truly takes time to ask questions, encourage and treat me as an individual as opposed to "one size ..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank God for Dr Parlea! No complaints here, lucky to have her treating my husband! She is caring, knowledgable! Very fortunate that she he is his endocrinologi..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Always wait for almost an hour, then when I get in there she just makes me feel horrible and doesn't answer any of my questions. Dr Parlea is rude and talks dow..."

October 6, 2014