Ratings for Dr. Luciana Parlea

Dr Parlea is always on time . Never had to wait a long time. Dr. Parlea is very knowledgeable and always takes time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr Parlea was very knowledgeable. She knew exactly how to treat my blood sugar levels.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

As a type 1 diabetic I would go to no other Endocronologist in this city! She has helped me transform my A1C to the lowest it’s been in years and has supported me to start and thrive on the pump this year. She is very smart, punctual, and knowledgeable. Also, shoutout to Nellie who is the nicest receptionist!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Horrible. Actually changed doctors. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

She is a very smart and in her speciality she's taking the best decisions. She's not chatty because she is assessing your disease and you as a patient and I appreciate that . I rather have a good doctor than a smiling not helpful physician. I wish that all the doctors would be up to latest medical news and the real medicine they should practice, like this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Great Endocrinologist.. Especially in comparison to several other Endocrinologists I've had over the last decade. She is very knowledgeable and caring, always on time and her receptionist is very nice. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Does not listen to the patient and is not knowledgeable about blood pressure readings let alone what can or cannot be eaten by a diabetic.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Poor excuse for a specialist. Had to tell her my blood result were st a dangerous level, she would not have cared to look otherwise I am in process of switching Very disappointed

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Parlea has been my Endocrinologist for over 1 year and has been awesome. She is very knowledgable and never overlooks any symptoms. She always sends me for lots of tests just to ensure we know exactly what's going on. Because of her, my Thyroid Cancer was caught right away and I was in for surgery in no time at all with an amazing surgeon. Her post surgery follow up has been great and I would happily recommend her to anyone looking for an Endocrinologist in KW. As with any specialist, it takes a few months to get an appointment but I have no real complaints about it.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Another review mentioned that there is also a family doctor by the same name, and that the negative reviews here seem to be in reference to that person. No, this Dr Parlea is NOT a family doctor, she is an endocrinologist. When I arrive on time, the wait is under five minutes. She goes out of her way to fully understand the overall health of her patients, which in my case included meant understanding a rare genetic disorder I have, doing work on her own time to learn about it, understand what it means in terms of cancer risk factors, and use this knowledge to guide treatment options. This is not the kind of care I have had with any other doctor, the actively going and learning to understand her patients unique and individual circumstances. My only complaint is her receptionist has an accent and I have an auditory processing disorder, so I can't actually make out any of her voicemails. Her accent isn't bad, its just the combination of auditory processing disorder, not being able to see a face when listening, and the general problem of auditory information always being lost in a phone call. Lately I have been having an extremely hard time getting, and so I am mildly concerned something may have happened on her end.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017