Ratings for Dr. Luciana Parlea

Horrible. Actually changed doctors. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

She is a very smart and in her speciality she's taking the best decisions. She's not chatty because she is assessing your disease and you as a patient and I appreciate that . I rather have a good doctor than a smiling not helpful physician. I wish that all the doctors would be up to latest medical news and the real medicine they should practice, like this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Great Endocrinologist.. Especially in comparison to several other Endocrinologists I've had over the last decade. She is very knowledgeable and caring, always on time and her receptionist is very nice. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Does not listen to the patient and is not knowledgeable about blood pressure readings let alone what can or cannot be eaten by a diabetic.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Poor excuse for a specialist. Had to tell her my blood result were st a dangerous level, she would not have cared to look otherwise I am in process of switching Very disappointed

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Parlea has been my Endocrinologist for over 1 year and has been awesome. She is very knowledgable and never overlooks any symptoms. She always sends me for lots of tests just to ensure we know exactly what's going on. Because of her, my Thyroid Cancer was caught right away and I was in for surgery in no time at all with an amazing surgeon. Her post surgery follow up has been great and I would happily recommend her to anyone looking for an Endocrinologist in KW. As with any specialist, it takes a few months to get an appointment but I have no real complaints about it.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Another review mentioned that there is also a family doctor by the same name, and that the negative reviews here seem to be in reference to that person. No, this Dr Parlea is NOT a family doctor, she is an endocrinologist. When I arrive on time, the wait is under five minutes. She goes out of her way to fully understand the overall health of her patients, which in my case included meant understanding a rare genetic disorder I have, doing work on her own time to learn about it, understand what it means in terms of cancer risk factors, and use this knowledge to guide treatment options. This is not the kind of care I have had with any other doctor, the actively going and learning to understand her patients unique and individual circumstances. My only complaint is her receptionist has an accent and I have an auditory processing disorder, so I can't actually make out any of her voicemails. Her accent isn't bad, its just the combination of auditory processing disorder, not being able to see a face when listening, and the general problem of auditory information always being lost in a phone call. Lately I have been having an extremely hard time getting, and so I am mildly concerned something may have happened on her end.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I think there may be some mixup as they are to Dr. Parlea's in town this one is the Endocrinologist the other I believe is a family doctor. The reason I know there's a mixup is in my five years as a patient of Dr. Parlea's I've never waited more than 10-15minutes. So I don't want people looking into Dr. Parlea at the endocrinologist to think these negative things are about her. Besides being on time she is extraordinarily helpful , caring and patient. I've been a patient over five years and she originally saw me for my osteoporosis and menopause at 32 but as other issues have come up she has always taking the time to look into them do tests or suggest things that I could do even if they may not necessarily be within her specialty. I am a narcoleptic as well and told her how lately I was getting worse and sleeping more and more often and instead of pushing me back to my sleep doctor or thing I'm only here to deal with your bone density she listened realized it was something affecting my life and offered to do a test that could give me some answers. She really is a great doctor. Nelly at the front desk is warm and kind and always willing to help out when she can. Sara

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I love this doctor! She has been our family doctor for over 10 years and not once has she let us down! The only negative aspect is the waiting time, which can make you go crazy. She is nice and understanding and listens! She send me to the best specialist that take me in faster than any other specialists. She has been a fantastic doctor so far

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Parlea did not listen to what I had to say; I could read the notes she had taken on the computer screen--they contradicted what I had just told her. I felt dismissed, but assumed that the communication failure was my fault. However, the sense of being dismissed was intensified when I asked what steps I could take to ameliorate my symptoms as a lower-income patient without insurance (prescriptions for my chronic condition being completely out of reach): instead of offering some ideas or advice, she told me to come back "when you are ready to look after your condition." I was very poor for two years, and that was one of the worst moments of it. I had to go to work immediately after the appointment, and I spent the whole bus ride (unsuccessfully) trying not to cry. She's probably OK if you have insurance.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016