Ratings for Dr. Rob Hunt

I have been seeing Dr. Hunt for 20 years and recently almost lost both my front teeth due to is incompetence. I came to Dr. Hunt with a very small chip on my front tooth and left with two injured front teeth that almost needed root canals. He makes impulsive decisions that are not fully considered and then his ego will not allow him to own up to his mistakes. I fully trusted Dr. Hunt and now I am afraid of going to dentists because of my recent experience. My chip was caused by the pressure of my lower teeth pushing into my upper teeth, and over the 20 years I have been going to his office on a yearly basis, Dr. Hunt never mentioned the shifting of my teeth, until it was to late. He then impulsively shaved my non chipped tooth to match my chipped tooth (as one tooth is a bit more in front than the other) without realizing it too was compromised from the lower teeth pressure over time. This caused my front tooth to flex when he shaved it and it was stuck in a flexed position for the last four months, almost fully cracking. The filling he used to fix the chipped tooth was to high and thick, causing severe pain as there was little room for a filling due to the shift in my lower teeth forward. I have gone to dentists at least 15 times to resolve all the issues and at this time four months later, the issues are still ongoing. Dr. Hunt did nothing to help me and chose to be rude and insensitive towards my two return trips to his office in severe pain. Dr. Hunt immediately stated the tooth he fixed the chip in would need a root canal without trying to problem solve the issue, and save the tooth. How could I walk into his office with a tiny chip and walk out needing a root canal? On my last visit Dr. Hunt gave me my splint and told me it was my "parting gift" as I found a Dentist that was able to help begin to resolve all the issues Dr. Hunt created. I am now going to get the braces I should have had years ago that could have prevented some of these issues. I have one front tooth that is quite compromised due to his impulsive decision to shave it, and another that is still very sore due to a filling he put in that was much to big. I would think long and hard before going to Dr. Hunt for anything.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

The comment made August 14, 2013 is exactly what I was told saying if I were a relative he would suggest the treatment he did and it was the cheapest way to go. I too went to another dentist for a consultation and he told me exactly the same that it was a band aid solution and would cost me more in a couple of years to save the teeth. I then went to a Prosthodontist for the work and yes it cost me a lot more than going to Dr. Hunt but the end result is wonderful and I know that I will not be paying out again in a couple of years. So going cheap is not the best way to go regards your teeth, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Wouldn't go anywhere else! He is caring, thoughtful, kind and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have been seeing Rob Hunt for the better part of 20 years now and can't imagine giving him anything less than five stars across the board. He is astute, caring, and knows his stuff. The office has always had the most current technology and the knowledge to use it correctly. A couple of times I have wanted something cosmetic and Dr. Hunt worked with me to come up with approaches that made me look good while accommodating my limited budget. Even if you haven't seen him in a couple, okay, three, years, he remembers all about you and asks about your family and career.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Knows his stuff, funny personality, tells it like it is, does what's best for the patient, cool office as well

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I'm greatly disappointed by the services rendered by this dentist. He's just looking for a quick way to make a buck, even if it means putting you through an uncomfortable surgery with no anaesthetic, instead of referring you to a dental surgeon. His waiting room isn't very clean, and his surgical assistants are outright rude.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Hunt was pleasant but gave me information telling me that if I were a relative he would suggest the treatment he did and it was the cheapest way to go. He was trying to save me money but what he suggested after visiting two other dentists was a band aid solution and in a couple of years I would lose the teeth altogether. So I feel that the suggestion he had for treatment was not the proper route to go and in the end would have cost me a lot more money.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr Hunt is the best dentist in Calgary!! The Staff at the Kearns and Hunt clinic are also the greatest in Calgary.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Rob Hunt is a fantastic destist and the best I have ever had. He is extremely knowledgable, great personality and lets you know all your options. I have had several fillings and crowns with him. Other dentist want to change out old fillings(ie a tooth that is mostly fillings) immediately. Dr. Hunt tells you that you should and lets you know when you should (ie right away or that you still have a couple more years left). He is quick, listens to you and actually remembers you. His assistants are fantastic too.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011