Ratings for Dr. Sherine Guindy

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for 2 years now. I am a generally healthy person so I do not see her often. She always remembers me and my family history etc. I find her very caring and easy to talk to. She is a bit forgetful I must admit. I am currently expecting and after my initial visit where she confirmed the pregnancy she forgot to send in the referral for the dating scan. I called and her receptionist Sarah assured me she would remind her right away. Sarah the receptionist is awesome. Overall Ive never had a bad experience.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I & my wife have been seeing Dr. Guindy for 4yrs now since my heart issues. My other Dr. retired! At first she was a bit quick but that soon ended when we both explained our Family history's. Dr Guindy has been very attentive quite willing to explain every thing. Very good about sending us to Specialists when REALLY required. Be ready to explain your symptoms if you have trouble remembering, Write the issue or issues down everyone forgets no exceptions!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

terrible person to deal with! never again. She should not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I have been seeing her for a few years and questioned a lot of the things she said. I am single and when I asked for refills of my birth control she always questioned me about my sexual choices. I'm mainly on it for controlling my periods which I explained but she made me feel like I was sleeping around. Because of this attitude she would only give me 3-6 months at a time. She wanted to check in with me to discuss my decisions. Pap tests always left me with cramps for days. When I found out two serious health conditions are in my family tree, she explained that they are both late onsets so she would not test me for them until I was in my 50's. One is the breast cancer gene which has caused two of my aunts cancer and my cousin to loose her ovaries at 40. (I'm 35) I never felt comfortable with her, she always questioned my life choices and when mine did not agree with hers, she made me feel bad about them.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Her receptionist is great! Her on the other hand, horrible! I've been seeing her for almost 3 years now and I can tell she doesn't read her patients medical files. I find her judgemental and at every appointment I've had she's tried to prescribe me a percription I don't need, or one that conflicts with other medical conditions. she is not helpful in any way, shape, or form and has dismissed every single concern of mine. I'm currently searching for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Terrible experience. She blew my appointment off within five mins. Didn't try to investigate deeper why the same issue has been progressively getting worse. I left there crying cause she stated I booked the wrong appointment and she couldn't help me after I took time off work for half a day to come see her. Cause I'm supposed to know what type of appointment I needed... I had just told the person booking my appointment what had been occurring. I never raised my voice with her but asked what would be done in the other appointments cause I was hoping I would get more answers or better testing done that day. then went to go to the front to book a new appointment and the receptionist tried booking me with someone else cause she felt bad. Found out the next day when I called in to book a new appointment with her that she no longer wishes to see me. Terrible experience I would strongly not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr guindy had been great!! I have had no concerns. She has always referred me for whatever is needed. Dr guindy always remembers me and our last visit. Great doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Guindy is a lovely, caring person. She has been so helpful to me for the last 6 years.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

First visit to Dr. Guindy, was a meet and greet, where I scheduled a physical including pap and screen for sti's. During the phsyical she did a pap. When it was done she asked if there was anything else I needed. No, just the physical and screen for sti's, I reiterated. She told me I should have mentioned being tested for sti's before she did the pap and that " she would just test for HVI and herpes with my blood tests, and if it came back negative she'd assume everything was fine." I explained to her that I would not feel comfortable being with anyone else until a proper test was done and insisted. She was angry, but took a second pap, which took about two minutes. The second time I went to see her I was having stomache pain. Booked an appointment with her but ended up in ER the night before. Spent the night in ER, where they tested both blood and urine. The Dr. at ER told me to keep my appointment with Dr. Guindy, and to let her know that I had been to ER, and she could pull up all of the test results on E-charts. When I met with Dr. Guindy and told her this, she became angry, saying that 'these other Dr.'s don't get to tell her what to do', claimed that it would take too long to pull up information on E charts, and insisted on making me give blood and urine, again. I had been up all night in ER and had to wait in a completely jam packed waiting room to get into the lab. When I finally saw a lab tech, I explained that I'm not comfortable with needles. She took three tries to find a vein ( i have never, ever had this happen before.) . While she was drawing my blood, she spilt the basket with cotton balls and wipes on the floor, withdrew the needle from my arm, picked a cotton ball up off the floor and put it on my needle wound. I was shocked and started to tear up. I said to her 'did you just pick that up off the floor?' She ssshhh ed me, and said 'It's okay' to which I responded, " no , it isn't". I was crying and one of the other lab techs noticed, so she walked me out of the lab and asked me what happened. When I told her she brought me into the clinic managers office. I told her everything that had happend. When I told her that Dr. Guindy said it would take too long to pull up the results on E charts she was shocked, and had the files up on her computer in less than two minutes. " None of this would have happened if Dr. Guindy had just done her job. " was her response. That was my last time Lalewood Medical Clinic. I will never go back, and I let everyone I talk to know about this when healthcare comes up. Shame on you Sherine Guindy.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

She is my gp and when I asked for birth control she interrupted me and asked why I would be needing it, I told her that I'm not looking to have children just yet and she asked why not... I really don't think these kinds of questions are professional as she then went on to ask if I had a steady boyfriend and a job and when I answered yes to both she only gave me a three month prescription.. It was extremely hard to get appointments with her because she leaves early and cancelles appointments. Extremely unprofessional. I am now currently expecting my first child and came in for a physical where she confirmed my pregnancy and flat out refused to talk about any other options besides keeping it. I was planning on keeping the baby anyway, but to refuse to discuss options when you have a 21 year old come in with questions is absolutely unacceptable. She then didn't tell me when to come in next for my first prenatal, so I called the receptionist and she told me I was supposed to come in every 4 weeks. I was absolutely horrified. She never mentioned this to me and now I'm 21 weeks trying to chase her down and she keeps cancelling my appointments and going on spontaneous 1.5 month vacations. I still haven't had my first prenatal. Never ever go to her. Ever.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016