Ratings for Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Guindy was quick to put me on medications. Did no testing and asked little questions. I was put on to two different medications for high blood pressure at the age of 18. Switched doctors and she did the necessary tests and determined I should not have been on them and they could have done more harm than good. Was very uncomfortable going to see her as she comes off very harsh. Receptionists are awesome!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Very helpful caring spend time with patients when necessary

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Lakewood medical is a factory! Wait time is ridiculous. Always at least 40 minutes to see her. She has 'no record' or blood work from my last physical and was TOTALLY negligent with my current pregnancy. She claims, 'limited resources, my dear'. Whenever I asked about prenatal testing etc. I'll be 38 at time of delivery and she didn't make me aware OF ANYTHING including nuchal testing and maternal screening and now it's too late to get the nuchal testing measurement. She's careless, forgetful and generally I'm shocked that she has a license to practice. Save yourself the stress and time and seek out another GP.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for 2 years now. I am a generally healthy person so I do not see her often. She always remembers me and my family history etc. I find her very caring and easy to talk to. She is a bit forgetful I must admit. I am currently expecting and after my initial visit where she confirmed the pregnancy she forgot to send in the referral for the dating scan. I called and her receptionist Sarah assured me she would remind her right away. Sarah the receptionist is awesome. Overall Ive never had a bad experience.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I & my wife have been seeing Dr. Guindy for 4yrs now since my heart issues. My other Dr. retired! At first she was a bit quick but that soon ended when we both explained our Family history's. Dr Guindy has been very attentive quite willing to explain every thing. Very good about sending us to Specialists when REALLY required. Be ready to explain your symptoms if you have trouble remembering, Write the issue or issues down everyone forgets no exceptions!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

terrible person to deal with! never again. She should not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I have been seeing her for a few years and questioned a lot of the things she said. I am single and when I asked for refills of my birth control she always questioned me about my sexual choices. I'm mainly on it for controlling my periods which I explained but she made me feel like I was sleeping around. Because of this attitude she would only give me 3-6 months at a time. She wanted to check in with me to discuss my decisions. Pap tests always left me with cramps for days. When I found out two serious health conditions are in my family tree, she explained that they are both late onsets so she would not test me for them until I was in my 50's. One is the breast cancer gene which has caused two of my aunts cancer and my cousin to loose her ovaries at 40. (I'm 35) I never felt comfortable with her, she always questioned my life choices and when mine did not agree with hers, she made me feel bad about them.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Her receptionist is great! Her on the other hand, horrible! I've been seeing her for almost 3 years now and I can tell she doesn't read her patients medical files. I find her judgemental and at every appointment I've had she's tried to prescribe me a percription I don't need, or one that conflicts with other medical conditions. she is not helpful in any way, shape, or form and has dismissed every single concern of mine. I'm currently searching for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Terrible experience. She blew my appointment off within five mins. Didn't try to investigate deeper why the same issue has been progressively getting worse. I left there crying cause she stated I booked the wrong appointment and she couldn't help me after I took time off work for half a day to come see her. Cause I'm supposed to know what type of appointment I needed... I had just told the person booking my appointment what had been occurring. I never raised my voice with her but asked what would be done in the other appointments cause I was hoping I would get more answers or better testing done that day. then went to go to the front to book a new appointment and the receptionist tried booking me with someone else cause she felt bad. Found out the next day when I called in to book a new appointment with her that she no longer wishes to see me. Terrible experience I would strongly not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr guindy had been great!! I have had no concerns. She has always referred me for whatever is needed. Dr guindy always remembers me and our last visit. Great doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016