You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sherine Guindy

I have been seeing Dr guindy for about a year. She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I literally left in tears after my last appointment because she was so mean to me. I came to her because I was sick and explained to her that I had gone to a walk in about a month prior and haven't felt better since. She started yelling at me because I had gone to a walk in clinic and not to her. She refused to help me and sent me out the door. I couldn't believe how she treated me because I had to go to a walk in as she was not in. I will never go back to her again. She makes you feel like you're a hypochondriac drug seeker everytime you see her. The only good part about her practice is her receptionist Sara.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

This is a terrible Doctor. She did not listen to any of my concerns, and instead cut me off multiple times to tell me what is going on. I was referred to by a walk in Doctor to find a family doctor in order to get my issue dealt with, but she did not wish to help me until my initial issue was properly dealt with by the walk in. She is not friendly or sympathetic at all. She seems to want to get you out the door as soon as she sees you, which might be the proper way for doctors to conduct themselves, but certainly is not how I wish to be dealt with.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

The worst experience I have ever had with a family practitioner. She doesn't listen to any of your concerns or symptoms and rushes you out of the door. She constantly cuts you off when you speak and tells you you're wrong. I've had migraines for years and have been trying to share my history with her which she threw out the window and only prescribed me pills after I explained they do not help. Her only solutions are pills and will not find the route of the problem. Shows know signs of compassion or care. Every time I've left her office I've felt stupid and insecure. I do not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

She shouldn't be in practice. My last appointment was "cancelled" and when I showed up at 11 am for it instead of admitting their error they made me wait in the waiting room til 130pm to see her then told me of the error. I was also suppose to get referrals for an ultrasound and to an obgyn because I was 19 weeks pregnant and at 21 weeks I called the obgyns office and the ultrasound clinic and no referrals have been made. I'm also anaemic and she will not test my iron levels saying I can not take iron because I'm pregnant (I have been told by multiple others they were on iron well pregnant because of the same problems) even though I'm getting dizzy spells so bad I'm getting black spots in my vision. Also her advice/help for me quiting smoking is that I have to just do it or I will give birth to (and I quote) a tiny rat baby (one occasion) or a little monster (another time). Also I have told her the same information 3 times and she is getting mad at me for not telling her this, which makes it obvious she is either not listening or not updating my file. I will no longer be seeing her because I don't feel my health or my baby's is safe under her Carr.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year. I agree with the other negative ratings. She makes it seem like you've just asked a 'silly' or inappropriate question. She is in a hurry to get you out the door. She doesn't show a lot of concern. I usually have to wait 22- 45 minutes just to get to the room. The receptionist is totally opposite (caring and professional).

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Before I became pregnant, I would see my doctor generally for 2 things 1x or 2x a year - a physical and refill of my annual prescription. I started seeing Dr. Guindy when I moved to the city, which happened to be as soon as I become pregnant; which means monthly appointments. After my first appointment I was so upset that she dismissed any question I had regarding what my appointments would involve now that I'm pregnant, my husband has come with me to every one since - he was not happy. I have read all the comments below and I don't really have anything to add other than I agree with them all - bed side manners, timing (always late) even a 730am appointment (which is her first one)... anything you read below - believe it. I will however provide one example that I feel illustrates where my frustration at least begins: at about my 3rd appointment with her (3 months pregnant) I asked her when we should start looking into pre-natal classes and does she have any recommendations for us. Her response was: That is not a health question, go onto Google and search for your area. I made it through 6 months and now onto my OBGYN for the rest of my appointment. Will not be returning to Lakewood, which is unfortunate because the staff (especially Dr. Guindy's receptionist) is AWESOME and it's close to home - but luckily not the only one. I was not only new to the city, a first time mom and have no family around - all which she seemed to take in at our meet and greet - obviously not retained.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year and a half now and have never had a good experience with her. She rushes you out the door as fast as she can and every time I've been there she gives me a prescription (or two) even when I don't need it. She could care less about getting to the root of your problem. She just wants to give you a 'band-aid' solution. She never listens to your symptoms and makes assumptions about your problem. When I told her about something I had been reading online she said "Ha!! I've been practicing medicine for many years! I don't need to read the internet!" It was so rude! I also work in the medical field and if I said that to a patient, I would be reported to my college and could loose my job. I am very dissatisfied with Dr. Guindy. I wish it was easier to find a new doctor because I need to see a doctor now and don't even want to go to her.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

It was as if at my age, fifty something, that I'd never had a physical and didn't know what to expect. Going through the motions doesn't begin to describe it. I've been doing this for a while, and I know how things are supposed to happen. She talks over anything I try to tell her about symptoms. The one thing that she IS good at is readily prescribing medication. She seems to be especially good at that. Med du jour. Whatever the latest pharmaceutical sales rep is selling is what's hot. I can't believe I'm taking five different medications and I don't feel better at all. It's the dismissiveness that irks me the most. You go in with a list of symptoms hoping a doctor might make some sort of correlation, but instead she ignores what you're tryin to tell her and hands you bunch of prescriptions. She doesn't really seem to take things seriously.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

The staff at lakewood, especially this one lady are really awesome, friendly and professional. I went to Dr guindy for my second appointment ever with her and within minutes she addressed all my problems. I have been 4 other gps and many specialists and she was the only one smart enough to check my b12. She is nice and funny as well. Give her a chance, she could save you from a life time of pain.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Sherine Guindy's Credentials

MB Health

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr guindy for about a year. She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I literally left in tears after my last appointment because she was so ..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This is a terrible Doctor. She did not listen to any of my concerns, and instead cut me off multiple times to tell me what is going on. I was referred to by a w..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever. I would not recommend her to any of my friends or family members."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The worst experience I have ever had with a family practitioner. She doesn't listen to any of your concerns or symptoms and rushes you out of the door. She cons..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "She shouldn't be in practice. My last appointment was "cancelled" and when I showed up at 11 am for it instead of admitting their error they made me wait in the..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year. I agree with the other negative ratings. She makes it seem like you've just asked a 'silly' or inappropriate que..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Before I became pregnant, I would see my doctor generally for 2 things 1x or 2x a year - a physical and refill of my annual prescription. I started seeing Dr. ..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year and a half now and have never had a good experience with her. She rushes you out the door as fast as she can and ..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "It was as if at my age, fifty something, that I'd never had a physical and didn't know what to expect. Going through the motions doesn't begin to describe it. ..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The staff at lakewood, especially this one lady are really awesome, friendly and professional. I went to Dr guindy for my second appointment ever with her and w..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I don't know where she got her degree but it doesn't stand up to the standards I expect. She is not knowledgeable in your concerns about your health. You have t..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Brushes off all my health concerns by saying I am "too young". If I hadn't gone to a different doc for a second opinion a serious health issue would have been m..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guindy is pleasant when you see her but her knowledge of medicine is poor. She is not eager to listen to what you have to say about yourself and what you..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever. She judged my decisions and questioned why I did certain things in my life and laughed in my face. She told me to stop in whenever to receive..."

December 15, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

January 13, 2012