Dr. Sherine Guindy

5 1 2.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Sherine Guindy's Ratings

The worst experience I have ever had with a family practitioner. She doesn't listen to any of your concerns or symptoms and rushes you out of the door. She constantly cuts you off when you speak and tells you you're wrong. I've had migraines for years and have been trying to share my history with her which she threw out the window and only prescribed me pills after
I explained they do not help. Her only solutions are pills and will not find the route of the problem. Shows know signs of compassion or care. Every time I've left her office I've felt stupid and insecure. I do not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2860969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

She shouldn't be in practice. My last appointment was "cancelled" and when I showed up at 11 am for it instead of admitting their error they made me wait in the waiting room til 130pm to see her then told me of the error. I was also suppose to get referrals for an ultrasound and to an obgyn because I was 19 weeks pregnant and at 21 weeks I called the obgyns office and the ultrasound clinic and no referrals have been made. I'm also anaemic and she will not test my iron levels saying I can not take iron because I'm pregnant (I have been told by multiple others they were on iron well pregnant because of the same problems) even though I'm getting dizzy spells so bad I'm getting black spots in my vision. Also her advice/help for me quiting smoking is that I have to just do it or I will give birth to (and I quote) a tiny rat baby (one occasion) or a little monster (another time). Also I have told her the same information 3 times and she is getting mad at me for not telling her this, which makes it obvious she is either not listening or not updating my file. I will no longer be seeing her because I don't feel my health or my baby's is safe under her Carr.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2840591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year. I agree with the other negative ratings. She makes it seem like you've just asked a 'silly' or inappropriate question. She is in a hurry to get you out the door. She doesn't show a lot of concern. I usually have to wait 22- 45 minutes just to get to the room. The receptionist is totally opposite (caring and professional).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2838377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Before I became pregnant, I would see my doctor generally for 2 things 1x or 2x a year - a physical and refill of my annual prescription. I started seeing Dr. Guindy when I moved to the city, which happened to be as soon as I become pregnant; which means monthly appointments. After my first appointment I was so upset that she dismissed any question I had regarding what my appointments would involve now that I'm pregnant, my husband has come with me to every one since - he was not happy.

I have read all the comments below and I don't really have anything to add other than I agree with them all - bed side manners, timing (always late) even a 730am appointment (which is her first one)... anything you read below - believe it. I will however provide one example that I feel illustrates where my frustration at least begins: at about my 3rd appointment with her (3 months pregnant) I asked her when we should start looking into pre-natal classes and does she have any recommendations for us. Her response was: That is not a health question, go onto Google and search for your area.
I made it through 6 months and now onto my OBGYN for the rest of my appointment. Will not be returning to Lakewood, which is unfortunate because the staff (especially Dr. Guindy's receptionist) is AWESOME and it's close to home - but luckily not the only one.
I was not only new to the city, a first time mom and have no family around - all which she seemed to take in at our meet and greet - obviously not retained.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year and a half now and have never had a good experience with her. She rushes you out the door as fast as she can and every time I've been there she gives me a prescription (or two) even when I don't need it. She could care less about getting to the root of your problem. She just wants to give you a 'band-aid' solution. She never listens to your symptoms and makes assumptions about your problem. When I told her about something I had been reading online she said "Ha!! I've been practicing medicine for many years! I don't need to read the internet!" It was so rude! I also work in the medical field and if I said that to a patient, I would be reported to my college and could loose my job. I am very dissatisfied with Dr. Guindy. I wish it was easier to find a new doctor because I need to see a doctor now and don't even want to go to her.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2718476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

It was as if at my age, fifty something, that I'd never had a physical and didn't know what to expect. Going through the motions doesn't begin to describe it. I've been doing this for a while, and I know how things are supposed to happen. She talks over anything I try to tell her about symptoms. The one thing that she IS good at is readily prescribing medication. She seems to be especially good at that. Med du jour. Whatever the latest pharmaceutical sales rep is selling is what's hot. I can't believe I'm taking five different medications and I don't feel better at all. It's the dismissiveness that irks me the most. You go in with a list of symptoms hoping a doctor might make some sort of correlation, but instead she ignores what you're tryin to tell her and hands you bunch of prescriptions. She doesn't really seem to take things seriously.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2713720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

The staff at lakewood, especially this one lady are really awesome, friendly and professional. I went to Dr guindy for my second appointment ever with her and within minutes she addressed all my problems. I have been 4 other gps and many specialists and she was the only one smart enough to check my b12. She is nice and funny as well. Give her a chance, she could save you from a life time of pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I don't know where she got her degree but it doesn't stand up to the standards I expect. She is not knowledgeable in your concerns about your health. You have to listen to the patient....they know their own body best. Sorry you know the patient is right....Listen for a change. Don't walk around with that stethoscope and think that you are above all others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Brushes off all my health concerns by saying I am "too young". If I hadn't gone to a different doc for a second opinion a serious health issue would have been missed! Also ignores prescription refill requests from pharmacy - for ventolin ! Ive had asthma for life and it's very inconvenient to be forced to make a new appointment in order to get a prescription for a life-long regular medication! Won't be seeing this doctor anymore !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2667660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Dr. Guindy is pleasant when you see her but her knowledge of
medicine is poor. She is not eager to listen to what you have to say about yourself and what you are feeling. She dismisses you when you have legit complaints about not feeling well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665363].votes_count ]]