Ratings for Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Guindy is a lovely, caring person. She has been so helpful to me for the last 6 years.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

First visit to Dr. Guindy, was a meet and greet, where I scheduled a physical including pap and screen for sti's. During the phsyical she did a pap. When it was done she asked if there was anything else I needed. No, just the physical and screen for sti's, I reiterated. She told me I should have mentioned being tested for sti's before she did the pap and that " she would just test for HVI and herpes with my blood tests, and if it came back negative she'd assume everything was fine." I explained to her that I would not feel comfortable being with anyone else until a proper test was done and insisted. She was angry, but took a second pap, which took about two minutes. The second time I went to see her I was having stomache pain. Booked an appointment with her but ended up in ER the night before. Spent the night in ER, where they tested both blood and urine. The Dr. at ER told me to keep my appointment with Dr. Guindy, and to let her know that I had been to ER, and she could pull up all of the test results on E-charts. When I met with Dr. Guindy and told her this, she became angry, saying that 'these other Dr.'s don't get to tell her what to do', claimed that it would take too long to pull up information on E charts, and insisted on making me give blood and urine, again. I had been up all night in ER and had to wait in a completely jam packed waiting room to get into the lab. When I finally saw a lab tech, I explained that I'm not comfortable with needles. She took three tries to find a vein ( i have never, ever had this happen before.) . While she was drawing my blood, she spilt the basket with cotton balls and wipes on the floor, withdrew the needle from my arm, picked a cotton ball up off the floor and put it on my needle wound. I was shocked and started to tear up. I said to her 'did you just pick that up off the floor?' She ssshhh ed me, and said 'It's okay' to which I responded, " no , it isn't". I was crying and one of the other lab techs noticed, so she walked me out of the lab and asked me what happened. When I told her she brought me into the clinic managers office. I told her everything that had happend. When I told her that Dr. Guindy said it would take too long to pull up the results on E charts she was shocked, and had the files up on her computer in less than two minutes. " None of this would have happened if Dr. Guindy had just done her job. " was her response. That was my last time Lalewood Medical Clinic. I will never go back, and I let everyone I talk to know about this when healthcare comes up. Shame on you Sherine Guindy.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

She is my gp and when I asked for birth control she interrupted me and asked why I would be needing it, I told her that I'm not looking to have children just yet and she asked why not... I really don't think these kinds of questions are professional as she then went on to ask if I had a steady boyfriend and a job and when I answered yes to both she only gave me a three month prescription.. It was extremely hard to get appointments with her because she leaves early and cancelles appointments. Extremely unprofessional. I am now currently expecting my first child and came in for a physical where she confirmed my pregnancy and flat out refused to talk about any other options besides keeping it. I was planning on keeping the baby anyway, but to refuse to discuss options when you have a 21 year old come in with questions is absolutely unacceptable. She then didn't tell me when to come in next for my first prenatal, so I called the receptionist and she told me I was supposed to come in every 4 weeks. I was absolutely horrified. She never mentioned this to me and now I'm 21 weeks trying to chase her down and she keeps cancelling my appointments and going on spontaneous 1.5 month vacations. I still haven't had my first prenatal. Never ever go to her. Ever.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

During my initial consult I tired to give her my family's medical history as I thought that pertinent information for a doctor to have; but she was more interested in discussing that I am a woman in my 30s who is not married. She continued to ask me if I have a support system to get through my days. She then went on to let me know that I'm getting pretty old for getting pregnant so if I want, it's not too late to have a healthy baby, but I should get on it. I then tried to get back to medical history and let her know that every woman on my mom's side of my family has thyroid problems as I think it is something to watch for and she went back to asking me if my parents live close by. Taken by surprise, I said my dad lives pretty close to me and she replied with: can you talk to him about how you are feeling? It got no better from that point on. I remember thinking is she working for the pharmaceutical company that sells antidepressants because I am happy and healthy and feel fine but she is making me depressed with her alluding to the fact that being in my 30s, unmarried and not pregnant I should barely be able to get out of bed in the morning. As female doctors are hard to find and I thought maybe it was just the first visit, I went back for my yearly physical (which I have gotten every year since I was 18). She refused to give me a prescription for birth control for more than 3 months. When I asked her to explain why as my other two doctors for over decade have always given me a prescription for the year after my physical, as I am healthy and have had no issues with my prescription. It was at this point when she became angry and informed me that birth control is "not candy". I firmly said that I know it is not candy, it is a prescription but it is very unusual that a doctor would not give a prescription from physically to physical and started to go over my nearly 20 years experience with her. She talked over me with hostility (which I ignored and held my ground) and she then gave me a prescription for 6 months and stormed out the door.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Absolutely horrible doctor. Rude, never on time, and seems to have very poor medical knowledge. Told me I was "too pretty" to be depressed or have mental health concerns. Ordered several unnecessary tests. Never remembers or seems to care about patients and their medical conditions and medications. Prescribed the wrong medication multiple times. Performed extremely painful pap smear and used extreme force when giving an injection. She should not be allowed to perform medicine. She is a danger to her patients.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

First visit I was told I might have cancer. Instead of phoning with results she just said she would and said to wait for a follow up in 2 weeks. The test results took one day but she couldn't be bothered to let me know. She had no people skills and rushes you out. If you have a problem she throwas drugs at you until you stop asking. Don't go to her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

The staff was great, the wait was only about 10 minutes past my appointment time. Dr. Guindy in my opinion should not be practicing medicine, or dealing with humans in any capacity. In the short time I spent with her she offended my and impressed me with how little actual medical knowledge is required to be able to be a doctor. If you're thinking about taking here as your GP do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

She is a terrible person . I won't even call her a Dr . She dismisses you and your concerns . She should not be allowed to practice here .

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I have been seeing Dr guindy for about a year. She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I literally left in tears after my last appointment because she was so mean to me. I came to her because I was sick and explained to her that I had gone to a walk in about a month prior and haven't felt better since. She started yelling at me because I had gone to a walk in clinic and not to her. She refused to help me and sent me out the door. I couldn't believe how she treated me because I had to go to a walk in as she was not in. I will never go back to her again. She makes you feel like you're a hypochondriac drug seeker everytime you see her. The only good part about her practice is her receptionist Sara.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

This is a terrible Doctor. She did not listen to any of my concerns, and instead cut me off multiple times to tell me what is going on. I was referred to by a walk in Doctor to find a family doctor in order to get my issue dealt with, but she did not wish to help me until my initial issue was properly dealt with by the walk in. She is not friendly or sympathetic at all. She seems to want to get you out the door as soon as she sees you, which might be the proper way for doctors to conduct themselves, but certainly is not how I wish to be dealt with.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016