You may also like

I was told two year ago that I had the starting of cataracts in eyes, as time went by things kept getting darker and I could not read the street signs? My eye Dr at Vision Works said I could not be fitted for glasses and I was referred to the Florida Eye Center. Dr Arey knew the severity of the situation as I am a limo driver and do alot of night driving too. I also am a casino dealer and do alot of corporate and fund raiser events, and an avid tennis player at 72. I was told I had to wait 8 more weeks for surgery and I had already waited 8 weeks for the 1st appointment with the Dr. I left the office happy but disappointed about the wait. When I walked into my home 2 hrs later the phone rang and it was a lovely lady Theresa calling to ask me if I wanted to come in on the following Monday. That was October 5th, I had my left eye done, and3 weeks later I had the left one done, that wasOct 26th. I can see like I have never seen before, everything is so balanced now and bright, I am amazed. Dr. Arey is a gem, such a humble man and he makes you feel at ease, I can't thank him enough for squeezing me in, and now I will be ready for the holidays. I also highly recommend the whole staff, so friendly and they treat you like family. I even got to ride in with my friend Heidie, who works there, the morning of my first surgery, now how accommodating is that???????? I am so very thankful right now about my sight!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Great doctor always has time to answer questions and very caring

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

All of these reviews are rather questionable. This doctor was the worst that I've ever seen and treated me so poorly that I left the office in tears. I waited in pain for over 2 hours to see him and he was incredibly callous and rude. He even went so far as to childishly contact one of my other doctors as though he were telling on me for refusing his services at the time of my appointment because I'd been treated so poorly. What a joke! Run elsewhere!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Have used Dr. Arey for 4 years. Had cataract surgery on both eyes. Could not be more pleased with the care that I have received by Dr. Arey. He truly cares. I also appreciate his calm demeanor which was exhibited during the surgeries.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

DR. AREY IS THE BEST!!! I WAS BLIND AND NOW I SEE! HE SAVED MY LIFE BY GIVING ME BACK MY EYESIGHT. I WILL FOREVER BE THANKFUL. HE IS A MAGNIFICENT DR. NO PAIN, BUT EVERYTHING TO GAIN. SINCERELY...CAROLE ROOMY

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Wonderful Service and Professional Help. Answered my Questions and even called me at Home to make sure I was doing OK.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Dr Arey was extremely professional and informative before, during and after my cataract surgery. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. ARey is a very personable Dr. he is very good and I would use him any time I need any eye service. His staff are all very helpful. I was surprised that he called to see how I was doing. Not many Drs. do that anymore but it made me feel good that he cared.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Arey was wonderfully competent and caring. He phoned me at home after my cataract procedure to ask how I was--showing genuine concern for my well-being. My vision is now unclouded! I give Dr. Arey my highest rating.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr Arey is the most competent, professional, friendly man. I had a serious diagnosis and he went to all measures to get me to the best facility in the country for further care. he did this immediately and personally!!!! I am so fortunate to have him as my physician!!! His suspicion that I had a serious problem was immediately detected and immediately acted upon. I was at Bascom Eye Institute within 48 hours. cannot say enough good thing about him. My wife is a nurse practitioner and felt he was the best Dr to go for my problem......... She was right!!! would recommend him to anyone as well as the staff!!!! He was totally available and gave us his cell number to call at any time.....he answered and responded to every need and call as well as his staff!! Highly recommend him and the clinic he is affiliated with!!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Mark L Arey's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was told two year ago that I had the starting of cataracts in eyes, as time went by things kept getting darker and I could not read the street signs? My eye D..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor always has time to answer questions and very caring"

September 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=3373968'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=3373968'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 8, 2014

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark L"

January 2, 2012
  • City changed from "DENTON" to "Tampa", State changed from "TX" to "FL"

January 2, 2012