Ratings for Dr. James Larmer

I was very lucky to get Dr Larmer through Healthcare connect, he has dealt with a few of my medical issues quickly and properly and has built a strong trust in a short time

Submitted December 9, 2017

When speaking w/persons seeking a doctor I highly recommend they NOT try for this Dr. Rude to patients he doesn't want to deal with. Possibly very judgemental. Sent a patient home who was literally having strokes while in his office. The family had to call paramedics and patient was in hospital for over 3 months from that very day forward. STILL appears to have no time for this patient. I'm disgusted. Same day appoint. is a joke! Told no cancellations today everytime. Yet, won't make one for later. Quacks, the lot of them. So glad he is not my Dr. So sorry he is a family members Dr. Doesn't pretend to know everything because he doesn't know anything. Relies heavily on books and sends patients elsewhere for checks (making you think he is thorough) in reality "passing the buck."

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr. Larmer is the best family doctor my family has had since the Mccleans were bullied out of Brighton. Dr. Larmer has looked after the 3 generations of my family with empathy, expertise, patience, and even love. He is brilliant, yet not so arrogant as to pretend he knows something when in fact he does not. He takes time to figure out and explain obscure medical situations that other doctors woud ignore. His appointment system is now the best i have EVER experienced; same day appoiontments for most issues. It can't get any better than that. I trust him with my entire family's lives. Thank you Dr. Larmer and thank you to your staff.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I couldn't be happier with Dr.Larmer. He is very easy to talk to which I think is very important, and he definitely knows his stuff. The only complaint I have is the wait time to get an appointment. I understand it is a very busy practise but most of the time it's at least a 2 week wait.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Amazing doctor. Not sure about some of the negatives I've seen on here but we have been blown away by him and the staff at the clinic. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I'll admit, I was a bit frustrated by the lack of f/u on reports (though all were normal), but in terms of appointments and helpfullness, he and his staff have been better than average. If I've explained what I think I need and why, he's always been willing to talk through it. Sometimes, his inexperience shows though, but lets face it....He IS new. I'm just glad to have an empathetic doctor

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Great physician. He has been very supportive to my family when in need. I would definately recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Always within reasonable wait times. Very helpful and friendly manner. Very knowledgable and willing to discuss patients concerns. So happy to have him!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Very poor appointment system that takes over 2 weeks for an urgent appointment, does not keep up to date on patient madical activities, and no feed back on medical test results.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Dr. Larmer is too concerned about loosing his licence than actually helping his chronic pain patients find something to help them deal with their pain. If my mother commits suicide because of his negligence I will take legal action. She has begged and pleaded with him to help her control her pain as she is waiting for surgery and was told he is going to do nothing for her and she does not need to bother coming into the office again. What kind of Doctor turn away someone in need? Someone pleading for help? Dr. Larmer that is who.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012