Ratings for Dr. David Johnson

First is a comment on the hygienist, it takes them an hour to clean half of your teeth, then they book you for another appointment to do the other half and you pay for two visits. I have never spent so much time and money at the dentist before, a cleaning should only take an hour. After X-rays I found out I needed to have three cavities filled ( they were on the exterior, not deep ), but one tooth had a fracture in it and would need a crown. Now instead of leaving the one to do the crown he filled it charged me over two hundred dollars, then two months later rip out the filling and tooth for the crown for over twelve hundred dollars. In April I have another cleaning times two and an exam with Dr. Johnson. They want to put Invisalign braces in my mouth to straighten my teeth for oral health for over six thousand dollars, but I think before then I am going to look for a better dentist. Cash Grab, Cash Grab!

Submitted February 12, 2016

Amazing staff and clinic, Dr. Johnson is highly knowledgeable and up to date with the latest in technology. He also does Invisalign which is amazing if you don't want to deal with awkward metal braces. I would recommend this clinic to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

This practice is always running late. Dr. Johnson treats you like you're stupid and don't understand what he's saying. Personally, I feel like he's a creepy dude. I am a high anxiety patient and he asked very inappropriate questions. Totally feels like a money grab. We get it, you did dental work in a 3rd world country... Couldn't you be more humble? Really dislike this guy.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr.Johnson and all the staff at both Parkway and Royal Oak are amazing. I had the pleasure of having my cleaning appointment with Carla and she was very gentile and knowledgeable. Front end staff (Crystal) very friendly and helpful. Finally I can feel comfortable at the dentist !!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Horrible experience regarding root canal treatment and unnecessary fillings which required 2 teeth be extracted after a year in pain and being seen by a new dentist who was shocked by the work I received. Emergencies are not taken seriously and you can be left in pain for many days. Office staff is not helpful and unempathetic.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

After a terrible experience at his office the first time, I allowed the office to talk me into coming back. When I returned, the plan of care was not as discussed and the staff did not allow me to discuss this with the dentist. Never returning.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

This dentist performed several unnecessary fillings ,which subsequently resulted in myself requiring a root canal because he drilled so deep he damaged the nerve. I had him do a few fillings in one side of my mouth and was to return to have the rest done at another time, but did not return as I ended up moving away. I supposedly still had several fillings requiring work and have since seen 2 different dentists, both who agree that there are no cavities requiring work. I would advise against having this dentist perform work on your mouth, as his ethics are questionable and he is obviously money hungry.

Submitted November 5, 2014

Great staff, great experience....so far :) Very friendly staff and Dr. Johnson really took the time to explain things to me..that no other Dr. ever did.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I had the best dental experience with Dr. Johnson-- he is very professional, yet personable and gentle. Very friendly staff. I always recommend him whenever I hear of someone looking for a dentist.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr David Johnson has performed work that is not satisfactory. He has has administered pain medication without knowledge of patient's current conditions or current medications already being administered. It has been proven that his work on root canals is very poor. I would not recommend this dentist.

Submitted July 14, 2013