Ratings for Dr. David Johnson

Dr. Johnson has been my dentist for the last 4 years. He has always listened to my concerns regarding my teeth and always explained the different options available, with estimates , that gives the best possible care within my financial means. I have never felt pressured into unneccessary treatment or that it was a "money grab"! In fact, now that my teeth are healthy I have the confidence to finally start Invisalign. I'm extremely happy with how my smile is transforming and can't wait for the final result! Dr Johnson and his staff are all fantastic!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Johnson's for several years. When I heard he was starting his own practice, I followed him- and since then, I have not been disappointed! All of the staff at Parkway are friendly and knowledgable. I saw a different dentist at the office in an emergency, and she was just as great; really put me at ease. If you are looking for a new dentist, Dr. Johnson and his team of dentists at Parkway should be the only place you look!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Had a great experience here! The staff were friendly, the hygienist was very knowledgeable and Dr Johnson took the time to show and explain the diagnoais and go over all the options with me as well as letting me know what was optional versus necessary. He was detailed and empathetic just as I had been told he would be when he was recommended to me by a friend. He definitely gained my trust. Last but not least the team at this clinic has a much more positive vibe than other clinics I've been to in the past and I would absolutely recommend others coming here without hesitation!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

First is a comment on the front desk staff, totally incompetent. The hygienist is very slow and does not stop talking and uses some kind of water pick which hurt me. Also Amber Chamut the hygienist appears to think she is a medical doctor offering advice on things she know nothing about. After xrays which did not need to be taken, as they had mine from October 2016 the dentist Cian Zybutz who does not know her head from her butt said I needed 4 cavities filled (they were on exterior, not deep) I did not believe her so I had my previous dentist look at the xrays and there were no cavities! This practice scams people who have insurance, cash grab, cash grab. The worst place in Victoria, I have written a letter to the CDSBC. I will tell everyone how this practice is attempting to defraud patients and do work that is not required. How do you these Dentists live with theirselves!!!! Do not ever go there read what a scam this place is. CASH GRAB CASH GRAB

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Like the dentist well enough but the hygienist and sometimes receptionist Angela is a total biot. Took all her life's misery out on me and my teeth. Will never go back

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

First is a comment on the hygienist, it takes them an hour to clean half of your teeth, then they book you for another appointment to do the other half and you pay for two visits. I have never spent so much time and money at the dentist before, a cleaning should only take an hour. After X-rays I found out I needed to have three cavities filled ( they were on the exterior, not deep ), but one tooth had a fracture in it and would need a crown. Now instead of leaving the one to do the crown he filled it charged me over two hundred dollars, then two months later rip out the filling and tooth for the crown for over twelve hundred dollars. In April I have another cleaning times two and an exam with Dr. Johnson. They want to put Invisalign braces in my mouth to straighten my teeth for oral health for over six thousand dollars, but I think before then I am going to look for a better dentist. Cash Grab, Cash Grab!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Amazing staff and clinic, Dr. Johnson is highly knowledgeable and up to date with the latest in technology. He also does Invisalign which is amazing if you don't want to deal with awkward metal braces. I would recommend this clinic to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

This practice is always running late. Dr. Johnson treats you like you're stupid and don't understand what he's saying. Personally, I feel like he's a creepy dude. I am a high anxiety patient and he asked very inappropriate questions. Totally feels like a money grab. We get it, you did dental work in a 3rd world country... Couldn't you be more humble? Really dislike this guy.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr.Johnson and all the staff at both Parkway and Royal Oak are amazing. I had the pleasure of having my cleaning appointment with Carla and she was very gentile and knowledgeable. Front end staff (Crystal) very friendly and helpful. Finally I can feel comfortable at the dentist !!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Horrible experience regarding root canal treatment and unnecessary fillings which required 2 teeth be extracted after a year in pain and being seen by a new dentist who was shocked by the work I received. Emergencies are not taken seriously and you can be left in pain for many days. Office staff is not helpful and unempathetic.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015