Ratings for Dr. Gary Hunter

Great doctor, outstanding and,caring. He treated my daughter and kept caring for her even after everyone else give up on her. Doctor thank you very very much for your kidness

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

Instead of helping me in any way with my more serious problems, he fought every other doctor/specialist that didn't agree with him. Any progress that was made with my health and further diagnosis was deterred by his "knowledge" and the fact that he was right. As soon as things became too hard for him, he dropped me and left the mess he made.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Amazing neurologist. Couldn't ask for anyone better.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

If there was any way to give less than one star I would. I have a rare medical condition, and it appeared Dr. Hunter chose to let his students use me as a guinea pig. He did not appear to be looking after his resident students that well as I’m sure he did not advise the man who botched my spinal tap to come to my room late at night and insert a broken popsicle stick It right inside my butt so he would tell me because I felt that I’m fine and could not have pain meds. I made 3 seperate requests to not have that student and nothing changed, dr hunter promised me pain meds because I so obviously needed it, he didn’t write it down so I had nothing again. I really feel as though I have PTSD from both him and Dr. Dorita. Times I should of been in hospital I’ve flat out refused. Over those 12 days I was positive I was going to die. This was mostly because of the resident dr. That being said it’s a supervisors job to supervise.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

He is a CLOWN!!! Don't waste your time seeing this JOKE!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I went into my nurse practitioner back home to get medication for my MS attack. She had to consult with Dr. Gary Hunter on what medication to prescribe. He stated he HAD to see me in RUH the next morning at 9:00am. I asked if I could come in on Monday due to work. He stated I needed to see him it was urgent. It's now 5:00pm that day of the appointment. I have waited 8.5 hours for a doctor I did NOT want to see, but rather HAD to see. Saskatoon is home of the worst neurologists in this country. I advise people to go elsewhere to find a caring neurologist who actually cares about your health.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

An amazing doctor.Saved my son and is very thorough/answers all questions to the detail and with honesty. Patient and family coners are addressed

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

He was amazingly patient, caring and above all could explain the complex 'doctor talk' in to easy to understand explanations.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Hunter helped with the initial diagnosis of my MS. I also saw him every time I needed to go to emergency. I find him to be very knowledgeable with MS and wish I could see him as my neurologist instead of my now regular one. He truly went out of his way to make sure I was properly taken care of.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I seen him for migraines a while ago and was sent for tests, tried to get back into see him but could never get a hold of anyone, left messages but calls were never returned. Terrible staff/receptionists. And i heard a little while ago that he is no longer working at his office and is now working at the hospital, that would have been nice to know a long time ago so i could have gotten my test results. Its been months now and i still havent received my test results, and my family doctor told me it would be better to get them from him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015