Ratings for Dr. Gary Hunter

He is a CLOWN!!! Don't waste your time seeing this JOKE!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I went into my nurse practitioner back home to get medication for my MS attack. She had to consult with Dr. Gary Hunter on what medication to prescribe. He stated he HAD to see me in RUH the next morning at 9:00am. I asked if I could come in on Monday due to work. He stated I needed to see him it was urgent. It's now 5:00pm that day of the appointment. I have waited 8.5 hours for a doctor I did NOT want to see, but rather HAD to see. Saskatoon is home of the worst neurologists in this country. I advise people to go elsewhere to find a caring neurologist who actually cares about your health.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

An amazing doctor.Saved my son and is very thorough/answers all questions to the detail and with honesty. Patient and family coners are addressed

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

He was amazingly patient, caring and above all could explain the complex 'doctor talk' in to easy to understand explanations.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Hunter helped with the initial diagnosis of my MS. I also saw him every time I needed to go to emergency. I find him to be very knowledgeable with MS and wish I could see him as my neurologist instead of my now regular one. He truly went out of his way to make sure I was properly taken care of.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I seen him for migraines a while ago and was sent for tests, tried to get back into see him but could never get a hold of anyone, left messages but calls were never returned. Terrible staff/receptionists. And i heard a little while ago that he is no longer working at his office and is now working at the hospital, that would have been nice to know a long time ago so i could have gotten my test results. Its been months now and i still havent received my test results, and my family doctor told me it would be better to get them from him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Very very terrible.I can never get a hold of him. Leave tons of messages. They never call back. Had my MRI done back in June he still never called me back about my results. I'm so glad I'm seeing a different neurologist. Heard very good things about him

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Helped with my initial diagnosis and subsequent medical treatment (Epilepsy). He even helped with some early adjustments when the medication was not making me feel well. I just wish he was available for some sort of follow up. I now have to communicate through my family Dr. as I continue to adjust (7 months after initial seizure). I am unsure if any steps are available or if I must wait until one year to try to come of the meds.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I do not recommend going to him. Does not call back. Left many messages never called back to one. Still waiting for my MRI results witch went back in June. I want a different neurologist

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

This is the best Neurologist in Saskatchewan in my opinion too bad he isn't seeing patients anymore in a clinical setting. Very open minded, listens to you as a patient and doesn't push the MS drugs that don't work anyway.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014