Ratings for Dr. Samir N. Hajj

I know Dr. Hajj retired a few years ago, but after reading the other rating I just had to let them know what I thought of him. I miss him greatly. He saved my life. If it were not for his complete a extensive exams I would not have know that I had colon cancer. He found blood in my stool when doing the rectal exam and followed through with everything necessary and sent me to a gastroenterologist who did a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy at which time It was found that I had a tumor in my colon as well as one in my esophogus both cancerous. I hads been seeing him since the mid ninties when I had an adrenal tumor removed. Dr. Edwin Kaplan called him into the surgery to remove my ovaries and I have been with him ever since. His bedside manor with me was always professional and friendly. When he retired he sent me to a new doctor he was familiar with. I cried when he left and felt as if I had lost a family member. It is now 2010 and if he'd come back I'd be his first patient.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

I used Dr. Hajj for a gynelogical procedure. He performed additional procedures without informing me that he would or that it was necessary. I only realized that he performed them by investigating the matter myself as he never told me he performed additional procedures. He undermined my intelligence or my desire to have input in my care. I will never use him again. I wish I had known about this site prior to using him. I agree with all the other input from his other clients thus far.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2007

Dr. Hajj was rude to me, cut me off while I was speaking, didn't listen to my questions, and was dismissive when I tried to ask him for a full explanation. I actually ended up in tears. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006

I had a consultation with Dr. Hajj about getting a hysterectomy. During my pelvic exam Dr. Hajj made no effort to make me comfortable what so ever. He has giant hands and during part of the exam he pushed them right inside of me not seeming to care in the least that it might be painful. During the discussion part of my appointment with him I felt like he thought I was wasting his time with my silly questions. He knew what to do and I should be quiet and only listen. It was like having an OB/GYN consultation with a Nazi. I know of 2 other people who had consultations with him that had the same experiences. I, of course, never had him do the surgery for me and neither did they. He may be very skilled and knowlegable, but there are doctors on par with him, even in his own department, who treat women 100% better. I highly recommend finding another surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2006

Dr. Samir N. Hajj's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1956)