Ratings for Dr. Patrick E. Kerr

To say the Patrick Kerr is an awful chiropractor would probably be a massive understatement. I'm sorry I've held off so long on getting the story out there as I've been trying to heal for over a year and a half now with little progress from the life altering injury that Patrick Kerr bestowed upon me. Before I started seeing Patrick Kerr, I was a functional young lady who worked out five days a week and was very active in my life and job. After doing some strength training to help strengthen my back muscles I strained my neck and decided to try a new chiropractor for relief of some mild discomfort. Patrick Kerr took two x-rays of my neck and told me it would take 4 to 6 visits to relieve my mild discomfort. After 6 visits I wasn't doing much better and if anything I was actually doing worse. Dr. Kerr went on to tell me that I needed much more treatment than he originally thought because I had been "crooked for so long". Having no prior bad experiences with a chiropractor, I followed Dr. Kerr’s guidance and continued to see him as he claimed to be aligning my neck. But things took a turn for the worse pretty quickly. I tried to explain to him that when he adjusted me multiple times, my neck started to feel very loose at the top. I was having trouble holding my head up. I asked him if I could have another x-ray or an MRI to see what was going on but he refused, telling me that it would only show the same misalignment that I presented initially. He just continued to hammer away at my neck over and over again as I told him that I thought something very bad was happening. What seems strange to me is that instead of adjusting me one or two times per visit he would often adjust me six or seven times and on my last visit he adjusted me 10 times in a row. From my last visit with Patrick Kerr my jaw became dislocated, I developed ringing in my ears and severe walking issues. But most importantly my head feels completely loose almost as though it’s falling off my neck. It turns out from over manipulating me Dr. Kerr gave me an absolutely horrific syndrome called cranial cervical instability. Over $50,000 have been spent on numerous doctors, neurologists, neurosurgeons, on regenerative therapy such as PRP and prolotherapy in the hopes of trying to stabilize my incredibly unstable neck. When I left Dr. Kerr's office for the last time I emailed him a few days later describing how horrible my symptoms were. Pain and discomfort I had never experienced before, headaches when I never even really had a headache in my life, jaw pain when I never suffered from TMJ and heaviness all over my legs. His response was simply that I should come back in for another adjustment. I highly warn and advise anyone and everyone to think again before ever visiting Dr. Kerr. I do not know if my neck will ever be the same after his handiwork and I suffer every single day in debilitating chronic pain because of him. I can no long work, can barely do any normal activities and struggle to walk due to the laxity and heaviness of my head. Biggest mistake of my life.

Submitted September 1, 2017

It doesn't matter what kind of issue you have - he will tell you you're feet are not level taking a bogus snap shot and then inform you whatever your problem is it'll take 4-6 sessions to work itself out. If by the end of your 4-6 sessions you are not better, he will continue to tell you it will take a long time to and more treatments to get better. Oh and I forgot to mention his own training school and other AO's never adjust patients more than 2, maybe 3 times, if your atlas is still off. Compared to 4-6 visits with Mr. Kerr where he uses the percussion instrument 7-10 times a session on your C1 vertebrea there is quite a difference. All just to get your money. I'd advise to see an AO who follows proper protocal - thoroughly exams XRays and explains the angles(by showing actual numbers) to where your atlas sits, and one who doesn't have an ego fueled by numerous media appearances. It's a shame there are doctors like this out there be very cautious of this individuals motivation to stay in business - because that's all he's got and if he treated patients by proper AO protocal he wouldn't be able to afford the park avenue office. So the continuous cycle of lies to his patients doesn't wnd and in and out they go with no knowledge his practice operates in the most unscrupulous manner possible.

Submitted June 11, 2016