Ratings for Dr. Jessica Hinojosa

This is my first pregnancy and I absolutely love Dr. Hinojosa. She is very kind and listens to all my questions and concerns. I always feel comfortable calling with questions even if they might be silly. She takes my concerns seriously and treats me with respect. When she has to do an exam or something intrusive she explains everything before hand step by step and as she’s doing it she talks you through and continually checks to make sure you’re comfortable both physically and emotionally. She told me anytime I want to come in and have something checked I can call and come it. She doesn’t treat me like I’m paranoid or stupid even though I’m young and a first time mom. Her staff is wonderful too! Tara is who I usually see and she is so kind and helpful and treats me like a friend. She seems to be as excited about my baby girl as I am. I saw a different nurse recently and she was every bit and sweet as Tara. I have never had a long wait or a bad experience. I’m very confident in my choice in OB and am excited to finally meet my little girl with Dr. Hinojosas help

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Definitely agree with previous post that this doctor lacks empathy and compassion. WOULD NOT recommend for first time mothers. Being that this is my first child I have a lot of anxiety about what to expect. Instead of helping to ease my anxiety and build confidence she constantly suggest birthing classes and hospital tours. All of which have nothing to do with the doctor/patient rapport needed to have a successful birth. She never informs me of complications to look for or what to expect at each stage of pregnancy. Each visit consist of weight, blood pressure, fetal heart beat and fundal check then any questions I have. No questions then visit is over. Poor communication and leaves you very uninformed. She practically told me today that if I choose to refuse pytocin she could not deliver my baby. Oh and they may forget your blood pressure every once in a while. They did today. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Very disappointed in this doctor’s bedside manner and compassion. I am a nurse and I have never heard a doctor talk to a patient in the way she spoke with my family member. She was extremely rude and condescending. As my loved one sat there crying and upset, she didn’t comfort her, show empathy or help her. Instead, my family member felt judged, disrespected and misunderstood. Very unfortunate that this doctor was so unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Really disappointed in the treatment of a family member. Sounds like she is not the first to have a lack of compassion and bedside manner from this doctor. I am saddened to read this has happened more than once.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

After a call from my sister who recently visited Dr. Hinojosa and as someone who has studied mental health and professional counseling I️ was shocked at how Dr. Hinojosa spoke to and treated her own patient. Terrible bedside manners and no sense of empathy or regard to the patient at all. Do no harm is supposed a doctors goal and her attitude and disregard for her patient is baffleing and harmful! I️ do not recommend her and am shocked by a loved ones experience today.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Jessica Hinojosa seemed as if she didn’t want to help me. She spoke to me as if everything I said was wrong. She told me I should see a therapist for my anger management issues however I told her that would be pointless because I only have anger problems when I pms so it would be useless to talk to someone about my pms problems rather than doing something about it. She then snapped at me and told me “it seems as if you don’t like anything I have to say to you so what do you want to hear?” At that point I was shocked and said that I would just like to leave. She then said “okay sorry I couldn’t help you.” I then went up to the front desk sobbing telling them she didn’t want to help me and disagreed with everything I told her. She was very rude to me and treated me like I was just a stupid teenager rather than the mature grownup I am. I am never going back and will further warn all my friends and people I meet that she is an awful gynecologist!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Jessica Hinojosa is amazing! She is very nice. She makes sure all your questions are answered before she leaves you. She didn't pressure me to get induced like other doctors do. I did end up being induced after waiting a week after my due date and she was very supportive of my decision. She made sure I got scheduled even though the hospital was booked up for inductions, as soon as they had an opening I got the spot. I ended up having to get a c section and she was very delicate with the news because she knew I REALLY wanted to have a vaginal birth. She did a wonderful job taking care of me throughout my pregnancy and bringing my baby into the world.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Hinojosa is wonderful! Very attentive and supportive.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Hinojosa is very kind, thorough, comfortable to be around. She is punctual and quick with exams. It took less than an hour from entering to exiting the office.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I've been to many ob's in the past but Dr. Hinojosa is by far my favorite. She listens to all your concerns and never makes you feel uncomfortable. She never makes you feel like just another patient and that you are wasting her time. Her nurses are also amazing. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017