Ratings for Dr. Andrew Cosgarea

Dr. Cosgarea is the best. He was recommended to me when I tore my rotator cuff. I definitely needed a skilled and experienced surgeon such as Dr. Cosgarea because my shoulder was torn 360 degrees and it was a very long and difficult procedure. My shoulder is now as good as it was before the tear. I doubt that the surgery would have been as successful if I had gone to another surgeon. He also looks like Dr. Drew which is a plus.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I have had the best experience with Dr. Cosgarea- he is patient, understanding, informative, and did a great job on my surgery and post surgery treatments.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Dr. Cosgarea seemed to have sufficient knowledge, but it's hard to say with certainty because he was so dismissive and condescending. Despite the articles you read about him saying 'with athletes nothing less than 100% recovery is acceptable' he is far different in practice. With acute injury I'm sure he's great -- do a surgery and follow a prescribed recovery regimen -- but with a more chronic condition he basically just said too bad, stop competing, nothing will change. I am now seeking another provider even though I work at Hopkins due to his attitude and dismissive demeanor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

He let me know up front that the process would take time but he also told me he wasn't going to give up. When you have someone like that working for your benefit, how do you rate them except with 5 stars. His work with myself, family member and friends has been nothing short of excellent!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

care was superb from the front door all the way through the exam!!!! could not be more pleased!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

A perfect experience from first visit through discharge for torn acl. Returning to play D1 lacrosse this season. Great staff.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I could not have asked for a better surgery experience

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

This guy might be a great surgeon,but he's not so good at listening. Doesn't discuss options. Not the kind of doctor that helps the patient understand their condition. I was unsure about his recommended treatment so I tried to ask questions but he just politely shut me down. There was zero discussion of other options and no further explanation of my condition even when I asked for it. I will go to a different doctor next time.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Cosgerea did a knee surgery on my 13 year old daughter who had a torn ACL from a lacrosse game. I could not have asked for a better Doctor. He was great and you can barely see her scar. He is a great surgeon with great bed side manner. Staff were very nice and helpful and made my daughter feel at ease. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

THE BEST in MARYLAND for knee problems! Nurse is fantastic! Never felt rushed and everything was completely covered and explained. Never had any problems with his personality he was most peasant while at the same time very professional and detailed.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. Andrew Cosgarea's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Florida