Ratings for Dr. Steven J. White

I received a breast augmentation in 1987. Approximately 10 years later both implants began to harden. Although the process was gradual I didn't notice it until I vigorously hugged an old friend and noticed the discomfort of compressing the breast. It felt like I had a softball in my shirt pocket! So for another 20 years I toted around two softballs I self-consciously called breasts. Changing the way I gave hugs so people wouldn't notice! Why so long?......Because i am a Nurse Practitioner and a Certified Wound Care Nurse! I have been in the nursing business for almost 40 years. Regarding Physicians.... I have seen the best of the best along with the worst of the worst! Constantly thinking to myself I need to have "these" replaced I always put it off (we nurses do that...put everyone and everything before ourselves). Why did I put it off for 20 years? The fear of not finding the right surgeon !! Thus enters the picture of Dr. Steven J White while flipping through the Southwest Airlines magazine. Umh...voted Best Plastic Surgeon and he lives in Dallas!! So I tear out the page and stuff it in my purse. I thought "OK i will just go for a consultation to see what he says"! If I don't like him nothing lost! The rest is history! Reading reviews, googling, looking at the Texas Medical Board, etc. my reservations were abated with the first phone call to the office. The staff was professional, courteous, patient, helpful and had a way of making you feel comfortable. The educational videos are very helpful and give you an opportunity to write down questions... But in walks the Magician! I can safely say his bedside manner is unprecedented! His knowledge beyond impressive but best of all the skill of a Magician! My surgery had two different options. WE discussed them both and came to the same conclusion. I was confident I had the right guy!! He is genuine and his ability to make you feel at ease allows you to "let him inside your head to figure out what makes you tick so he can give you the results you expect"!! He makes you feel beautiful and your self-confidence soars! As a Nurse I recommend Dr. White with the utmost respect and confidence! You won't be disappointed! I am beyond thrilled with my results and already looking in the mirror at what I might have him do next!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I recently chose to have my first ever Botox treatment with Dr. Steven White because he advertises a "better Botox." After meeting Dr. White and seeing my results, I now understand why. Dr. White created a personalized plan for my Botox and used extremely small needles so that the experience was virtually painless. Since Dr. White does the Botox himself, rather than delegating it to a nurse or staff member, you can count on having a fabulous result. While I received botox more for prevention than cure since I am still very young, the results have already been so amazing. I look well-rested and bright-eyed and my make-up finally goes on smooth. Thank you, Dr. White!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I was skeptical about getting a tummy tuck because I really didn't think my stomach could ever be made to look attractive. Dr. White set me at ease right away with his fantastic bedside manner and obvious super-knowledge. He let me know I was a great candidate and then he did the impossible (in my mind): he gave me a beautiful, sculpted tummy with super cute belly button! Getting plastic surgery has changed my life. I've always been self conscious about my tummy and now I want to show it off. Dr. White is the consummate professional and his entire team is phenomenal! They've been so great to walk through this journey with me. I can't imagine a more positive experience. I highly recommend Dr. White to anyone considering plastic surgery. He is a REAL DOCTOR that truly cares about each of his patients. He explains each step of the process in a way that is easy to understand and explains all the reasoning behind it. I think the best benefit from my surgery is the added self confidence I have. Not just because my stomach looks better, but because Dr White has helped me in the way I see myself. I strongly recommend Dr. White for ANYONE considering plastic surgery. Take a look at the before/after photos on his web site and see for yourself the caliber of his handiwork. He is amazing!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Was there for over 4 hours and not once did someone ask me if I need water. His eyes were very bloodshot, and didn't look natural. I noticed how manipulative techniques were being used against me and I felt uncomfortable the whole time. The financial lady was arguing with me about leaving and kept putting me down saying I needed to wear makeup.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I don't know what to say other than Dr. White changed my life. Before my liposuction procedure, I lived my life in constant awareness of my body. There was never a morning that I got dressed and didn't stand in front of the mirror hating what I saw, and there was never a time when I walked into a meeting and my mind wasn't flooded with thoughts of how others were probably viewing me and my body. The amount of insecurity and self-consciousness I carried around with me was debilitating and prevented me from truly living my life. Getting this procedure made me feel like a new person - both physically and mentally. My body looks really amazing!! I finally feel mentally free from all my insecurity and I love that I can go shopping and actually fit into clothes the way I've always wanted to! Dr. White was so amazing every step of the way. He never made me feel self-conscious about my body and was with me during every part of the process through my initial consultation, during my stay at the hospital for recovery, and even now - months after my procedure for check ups. I initially chose Dr. White as my surgeon because of his incredible reputation. However, after actually experiencing the amount of care and attention he gave, I wouldn't have chosen to trust my body with anyone else. Ever. Dr. White - thank you from the bottom of my heart. There are no words to express how grateful I am. You truly did change my life.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

After setting an appointment with another surgeon, for a tummy tuck and breast explant, I was told I needed to go see Dr. White and talk to him about the procedure. After meeting with him, I knew he was the surgeon for me, especially with his sculpted stomach technique, and I wouldn't work with anyone else. I felt secure and well informed with him. He and the girls in his office were incredible throughout the process and answered all of my questions no matter how small. I was very nervous to have my surgery, but he made me feel at ease, and took great care of me from the consultation through all of the follow-up visits. He even showed my husband how to lift me and take care of me through my recovery. I am now 6 months post - op and I LOVE my results! My stomach is beautifully sculpted, which is something only Dr. White can do with his meticulous artistry and impeccable eye for details. He didn't just make my stomach flat, he made it gorgeous and toned!!! I was very worried about what my scar would look like since a tummy tuck inevitably leaves a large scar. Dr. White took so much time making sure that the line was low and thin, thin, thin! It is getting lighter every day and it is paper thin! My explant went very well and I will be seeing him for a lift in the near future. I would absolutely recommend him for the tummy tuck and explant procedures. I feel so confident and good in my clothes!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I am 53 and have wanted a breast lift for years, but always had a fear of the scars being worse than the effect of gravity over time. I finally decided to take the plunge and googled the heck out of plastic surgeons in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. There are plastic surgeons who can do good breast augmentations, but I wanted the very best at doing a breast lift (Mastopexy) and it became apparent that Dr. White was without a doubt the one I needed to go to. Based on all of the reviews for this type of procedure, Dr. White kept coming up as the number one choice so I made an appointment for a consultation. His staff was so welcoming and made me feel very comfortable from the minute I walked in and with every appointment thereafter. I loved that I was shown what the whole process would be and the different types of situations for needing a breast lift and how he would do it. Dr. White was amazing in how he explained the process and from the moment I met him it was very obvious that he loves what he does and will take the necessary time to have the very best outcome possible. I was also impressed that he took the time to answer any questions I had and never made me feel like he was on a time schedule and needed to move on to another patient. He genuinely cares about how I was doing throughout the whole process. I was told it would be a lengthy operation, but I loved knowing that Dr. White would take however much time needed to give me the very best possible result. I had the procedure one week ago and I’m already amazed at how awesome my breasts look. I feel great and had very minimal pain which was amazing and I didn’t have any bruising which was truly unbelievable. The operation did take longer than he thought, but I am so thankful that he took the necessary time so that I have the results I have. Dr. White is not inexpensive, but I have always believed that you get what you pay for and when it comes to my health, safety and body, then I will always pay for the very best and there is no doubt that I had the very best!!! I never had any doubt about my decision to choose Dr. White and he gave me the very best outcome I could have ever dreamed of. My breasts look like they did when I was in my 20’s and I just wish I would have made this decision years ago. Based on what I have already experienced and from the reviews for his other procedures, I also know I will go to Dr. White if there are any other cosmetic procedures in my future.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

REFERRAL/ Dr. Shenaq I had a double mastectomy, and FLAP reconstruction surgery for breast cancer in 2015. I used another surgeon in the DFW area, and very quickly realized I had made a VERY big mistake. I had numerous complications, and several trips to the ER. This surgeon left my body disfigured to the point I could not wear my normal clothes. When I confronted him, he told me that it was just the way my body was, and that he could not fix it. At this point I was not only frustrated, in pain, but also suffering with depression thinking that I would never look “normal” again. I started looking for another plastic surgeon, to find that the FLAP surgeons in DFW are a very tight knit community, and only had each other’s backs. It was a very discouraging couple of months. After 2 months of “it can’t be fixed”, I decided to seek out a surgeon outside of the FLAP/reconstruction community. I researched, and researched for over a month. I finally decided to call Dr. Steven White in Dallas. His reviews, and results were like none I had seen for any other plastic surgeon. I called his office, and expected the same run around I had been getting for several months. To my surprise, I had exactly the opposite experience!!! The receptionist asked what I was looking for, and want I was wanting to have done. After I explained my situation, she said, “Dr. White does not do that procedure, but we have a doctor we recommend, and send people to in Houston. Dr. Jay Shenaq”. My first surprise was that both Dr. White, and his office knew exactly what Dr. White could do and could not do, and were 100% up front about it. They did not try to make me come in for a consultation, only to waste my time and co-pay to tell me that there was nothing Dr. White could do for me. I was AMAZED!! Dr. White, nor his office, had any obligation to help me in this situation, especially because I was not his patient, nor would I become one of his patients. The receptionist was super sweet, and stayed on the phone with me for about 30mins answering my questions, as well as re-assuring me that Dr. Shenaq was the best, and would be able to fix what had happened. She truly cared for me as a person, and not just another dollar sign. It was a refreshing change. I did in fact take their recommendation, made an appointment, and flew to Houston within the week. Dr. Shenaq took one look at me and said “What happened to you?” I explained, and he told me “Do not worry. I can fix all of this. I don’t want you to worry another second about this mess. Let me do that, and we will get you looking great.” At this point, I cried in relief. Dr. Shenaq did in fact finish out my reconstruction with AMAZING results!!! I can not say enough about Dr. Shenaq, his team, his work, and his results. He was able to make my reconstruction look very natural, along with fixing the mess the first surgeon left. It can be cumbersome to travel 4 hours for a doctors appointment, but it 100% worth every cent to see Dr. Shenaq. He not only restored my body, he restored my mental state as well. He is worth every penny, as well as very second you will spend traveling. What numerous DFW doctors said they could not fix, Dr. Shenaq not only fixed, but made look better than I ever imagined. GO. SEE. HIM. Dr. White had ZERO reason, and/or obligation to offer me anything other than “we can’t help you”. Dr. White was compassionate, concerned, and patient to offer me all the advice he did. He was also wise enough to know what procedures he could confidently complete, and which ones he could not. He made no pretenses that he could or would fix me. He also did not have an ego that kept him from recommending what was best for me as a patient. He did not simply line his pockets with my money, and then send me on my way. It was such refreshing approach to patient care that I had not seen before. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU Dr. White, and team. You have helped me regain my life back after cancer, and a botched reconstruction!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I was hesitant to have breast enhancement surgery because who wants to go under the knife? I have small children and was nervous about how I would feel after the surgery and if I should even be spending money on something like cosmetic surgery. I was also really worried that I would end up with breasts that were too big. But, in the end, it was something I really wanted to do after having nursed 3 babies. I needed to look and feel better about myself. I'm so glad I had the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat! I met with one other surgeon that I researched and was going to use him until I met with Dr. White. I just loved him immediately! He has such an outgoing, warm personality that put me at easy instantly. He and his staff spent lots of time with me describing what would happen before, during, and after my procedure. They patiently answered any and all questions that I had, no matter how silly. I never felt rushed and always felt like they cared about me and making sure I was happy with my results. I described the look I was after and left the rest up to Dr. White. He did an amazing job and I am so happy with how I look now! My major concern was ending up with breasts that were too big, but they are perfect for my frame, just as Dr. White said they would be. I feel better about myself, I'm more confident in my appearance, and just all around thrilled with the whole process. I would definitely recommend Dr. White to anyone considering any cosmetic procedure. He and his staff are truly wonderful and really do care about their patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

It’s clear that all of the reviews you have read before mine all share in the same sentiment – Dr. White and his team are simply amazing. Right? Well, they truly are!! I want to share with you my experience, as I am what Dr. White refers as one of his “special” cases. Infamous is a more appropriate word in my mind, but Dr. White and his team insist that cases like mine are just special 😊. I’ll take it! Everything about my entire experience: Consult, Pre-Op, Surgery and immediate Post Op were absolutely amazing. The care and time spent prepping me for Breast Aug surgery put my mind at complete ease. Dr. White is insistent that you be cleared and in good health prior to surgery (I will say with other plastic surgery consults, there wouldn’t have been any pre-op requirements such as a mammogram screening, resting EKG, blood work). That alone should tell you that Dr. White cares for his patients – it is NOT a transactional process, unlike some other surgeons in the area. My results are beautiful. I wanted a natural look. Cup sizes aren’t discussed and I had full confidence that Dr. White would fit me with the perfect size – he did not disappoint! As with all surgical procedures, there are complications that can arise. To be clear, NO ONE, and I mean – NO ONE was at fault for my body spitting the dissolvable stitches that Dr. White so carefully placed. By my 2nd post follow up, it was clear that I needed to have some touch up stitches to help me heal faster. As disappointed as I was with my body reacting the way it did, Dr. White and his team were cautious, caring and VERY firm in explaining to me what I needed to do to ensure I didn’t have further complications. Never once did I feel like anything was my fault, as I did follow post surgical guidelines. It’s just the way my body reacted to the stitches. I am pleased to say that Dr. White’s conservative approach to treating leaves me with (still) beautiful results. I can only imagine what kind of complications I would have been faced with if I were with another surgeon. They would have probably just given me ointment to treat my stitches and send me on my way. Dr. White threw everything AND the kitchen sink to treat my incision site. He is a devoted doctor with wonderful bed-side manner. His desire for perfection reflects amongst his staff. I can promise you they will not disappoint. You get the full package with this office and I trust that your experience with Dr. White will be nothing but a positive one!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017