Ratings for Dr. Steven J. White

I don't know what to say other than Dr. White changed my life. Before my liposuction procedure, I lived my life in constant awareness of my body. There was never a morning that I got dressed and didn't stand in front of the mirror hating what I saw, and there was never a time when I walked into a meeting and my mind wasn't flooded with thoughts of how others were probably viewing me and my body. The amount of insecurity and self-consciousness I carried around with me was debilitating and prevented me from truly living my life. Getting this procedure made me feel like a new person - both physically and mentally. My body looks really amazing!! I finally feel mentally free from all my insecurity and I love that I can go shopping and actually fit into clothes the way I've always wanted to! Dr. White was so amazing every step of the way. He never made me feel self-conscious about my body and was with me during every part of the process through my initial consultation, during my stay at the hospital for recovery, and even now - months after my procedure for check ups. I initially chose Dr. White as my surgeon because of his incredible reputation. However, after actually experiencing the amount of care and attention he gave, I wouldn't have chosen to trust my body with anyone else. Ever. Dr. White - thank you from the bottom of my heart. There are no words to express how grateful I am. You truly did change my life.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

After setting an appointment with another surgeon, for a tummy tuck and breast explant, I was told I needed to go see Dr. White and talk to him about the procedure. After meeting with him, I knew he was the surgeon for me, especially with his sculpted stomach technique, and I wouldn't work with anyone else. I felt secure and well informed with him. He and the girls in his office were incredible throughout the process and answered all of my questions no matter how small. I was very nervous to have my surgery, but he made me feel at ease, and took great care of me from the consultation through all of the follow-up visits. He even showed my husband how to lift me and take care of me through my recovery. I am now 6 months post - op and I LOVE my results! My stomach is beautifully sculpted, which is something only Dr. White can do with his meticulous artistry and impeccable eye for details. He didn't just make my stomach flat, he made it gorgeous and toned!!! I was very worried about what my scar would look like since a tummy tuck inevitably leaves a large scar. Dr. White took so much time making sure that the line was low and thin, thin, thin! It is getting lighter every day and it is paper thin! My explant went very well and I will be seeing him for a lift in the near future. I would absolutely recommend him for the tummy tuck and explant procedures. I feel so confident and good in my clothes!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I am 53 and have wanted a breast lift for years, but always had a fear of the scars being worse than the effect of gravity over time. I finally decided to take the plunge and googled the heck out of plastic surgeons in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. There are plastic surgeons who can do good breast augmentations, but I wanted the very best at doing a breast lift (Mastopexy) and it became apparent that Dr. White was without a doubt the one I needed to go to. Based on all of the reviews for this type of procedure, Dr. White kept coming up as the number one choice so I made an appointment for a consultation. His staff was so welcoming and made me feel very comfortable from the minute I walked in and with every appointment thereafter. I loved that I was shown what the whole process would be and the different types of situations for needing a breast lift and how he would do it. Dr. White was amazing in how he explained the process and from the moment I met him it was very obvious that he loves what he does and will take the necessary time to have the very best outcome possible. I was also impressed that he took the time to answer any questions I had and never made me feel like he was on a time schedule and needed to move on to another patient. He genuinely cares about how I was doing throughout the whole process. I was told it would be a lengthy operation, but I loved knowing that Dr. White would take however much time needed to give me the very best possible result. I had the procedure one week ago and I’m already amazed at how awesome my breasts look. I feel great and had very minimal pain which was amazing and I didn’t have any bruising which was truly unbelievable. The operation did take longer than he thought, but I am so thankful that he took the necessary time so that I have the results I have. Dr. White is not inexpensive, but I have always believed that you get what you pay for and when it comes to my health, safety and body, then I will always pay for the very best and there is no doubt that I had the very best!!! I never had any doubt about my decision to choose Dr. White and he gave me the very best outcome I could have ever dreamed of. My breasts look like they did when I was in my 20’s and I just wish I would have made this decision years ago. Based on what I have already experienced and from the reviews for his other procedures, I also know I will go to Dr. White if there are any other cosmetic procedures in my future.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

REFERRAL/ Dr. Shenaq I had a double mastectomy, and FLAP reconstruction surgery for breast cancer in 2015. I used another surgeon in the DFW area, and very quickly realized I had made a VERY big mistake. I had numerous complications, and several trips to the ER. This surgeon left my body disfigured to the point I could not wear my normal clothes. When I confronted him, he told me that it was just the way my body was, and that he could not fix it. At this point I was not only frustrated, in pain, but also suffering with depression thinking that I would never look “normal” again. I started looking for another plastic surgeon, to find that the FLAP surgeons in DFW are a very tight knit community, and only had each other’s backs. It was a very discouraging couple of months. After 2 months of “it can’t be fixed”, I decided to seek out a surgeon outside of the FLAP/reconstruction community. I researched, and researched for over a month. I finally decided to call Dr. Steven White in Dallas. His reviews, and results were like none I had seen for any other plastic surgeon. I called his office, and expected the same run around I had been getting for several months. To my surprise, I had exactly the opposite experience!!! The receptionist asked what I was looking for, and want I was wanting to have done. After I explained my situation, she said, “Dr. White does not do that procedure, but we have a doctor we recommend, and send people to in Houston. Dr. Jay Shenaq”. My first surprise was that both Dr. White, and his office knew exactly what Dr. White could do and could not do, and were 100% up front about it. They did not try to make me come in for a consultation, only to waste my time and co-pay to tell me that there was nothing Dr. White could do for me. I was AMAZED!! Dr. White, nor his office, had any obligation to help me in this situation, especially because I was not his patient, nor would I become one of his patients. The receptionist was super sweet, and stayed on the phone with me for about 30mins answering my questions, as well as re-assuring me that Dr. Shenaq was the best, and would be able to fix what had happened. She truly cared for me as a person, and not just another dollar sign. It was a refreshing change. I did in fact take their recommendation, made an appointment, and flew to Houston within the week. Dr. Shenaq took one look at me and said “What happened to you?” I explained, and he told me “Do not worry. I can fix all of this. I don’t want you to worry another second about this mess. Let me do that, and we will get you looking great.” At this point, I cried in relief. Dr. Shenaq did in fact finish out my reconstruction with AMAZING results!!! I can not say enough about Dr. Shenaq, his team, his work, and his results. He was able to make my reconstruction look very natural, along with fixing the mess the first surgeon left. It can be cumbersome to travel 4 hours for a doctors appointment, but it 100% worth every cent to see Dr. Shenaq. He not only restored my body, he restored my mental state as well. He is worth every penny, as well as very second you will spend traveling. What numerous DFW doctors said they could not fix, Dr. Shenaq not only fixed, but made look better than I ever imagined. GO. SEE. HIM. Dr. White had ZERO reason, and/or obligation to offer me anything other than “we can’t help you”. Dr. White was compassionate, concerned, and patient to offer me all the advice he did. He was also wise enough to know what procedures he could confidently complete, and which ones he could not. He made no pretenses that he could or would fix me. He also did not have an ego that kept him from recommending what was best for me as a patient. He did not simply line his pockets with my money, and then send me on my way. It was such refreshing approach to patient care that I had not seen before. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU Dr. White, and team. You have helped me regain my life back after cancer, and a botched reconstruction!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I was hesitant to have breast enhancement surgery because who wants to go under the knife? I have small children and was nervous about how I would feel after the surgery and if I should even be spending money on something like cosmetic surgery. I was also really worried that I would end up with breasts that were too big. But, in the end, it was something I really wanted to do after having nursed 3 babies. I needed to look and feel better about myself. I'm so glad I had the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat! I met with one other surgeon that I researched and was going to use him until I met with Dr. White. I just loved him immediately! He has such an outgoing, warm personality that put me at easy instantly. He and his staff spent lots of time with me describing what would happen before, during, and after my procedure. They patiently answered any and all questions that I had, no matter how silly. I never felt rushed and always felt like they cared about me and making sure I was happy with my results. I described the look I was after and left the rest up to Dr. White. He did an amazing job and I am so happy with how I look now! My major concern was ending up with breasts that were too big, but they are perfect for my frame, just as Dr. White said they would be. I feel better about myself, I'm more confident in my appearance, and just all around thrilled with the whole process. I would definitely recommend Dr. White to anyone considering any cosmetic procedure. He and his staff are truly wonderful and really do care about their patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

It’s clear that all of the reviews you have read before mine all share in the same sentiment – Dr. White and his team are simply amazing. Right? Well, they truly are!! I want to share with you my experience, as I am what Dr. White refers as one of his “special” cases. Infamous is a more appropriate word in my mind, but Dr. White and his team insist that cases like mine are just special 😊. I’ll take it! Everything about my entire experience: Consult, Pre-Op, Surgery and immediate Post Op were absolutely amazing. The care and time spent prepping me for Breast Aug surgery put my mind at complete ease. Dr. White is insistent that you be cleared and in good health prior to surgery (I will say with other plastic surgery consults, there wouldn’t have been any pre-op requirements such as a mammogram screening, resting EKG, blood work). That alone should tell you that Dr. White cares for his patients – it is NOT a transactional process, unlike some other surgeons in the area. My results are beautiful. I wanted a natural look. Cup sizes aren’t discussed and I had full confidence that Dr. White would fit me with the perfect size – he did not disappoint! As with all surgical procedures, there are complications that can arise. To be clear, NO ONE, and I mean – NO ONE was at fault for my body spitting the dissolvable stitches that Dr. White so carefully placed. By my 2nd post follow up, it was clear that I needed to have some touch up stitches to help me heal faster. As disappointed as I was with my body reacting the way it did, Dr. White and his team were cautious, caring and VERY firm in explaining to me what I needed to do to ensure I didn’t have further complications. Never once did I feel like anything was my fault, as I did follow post surgical guidelines. It’s just the way my body reacted to the stitches. I am pleased to say that Dr. White’s conservative approach to treating leaves me with (still) beautiful results. I can only imagine what kind of complications I would have been faced with if I were with another surgeon. They would have probably just given me ointment to treat my stitches and send me on my way. Dr. White threw everything AND the kitchen sink to treat my incision site. He is a devoted doctor with wonderful bed-side manner. His desire for perfection reflects amongst his staff. I can promise you they will not disappoint. You get the full package with this office and I trust that your experience with Dr. White will be nothing but a positive one!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have had a prior surgery done by Dr. White at USA Plastic Surgery and was ecstatically happy with the results. I had a tummy tuck done in 2012 after losing over 100 pounds and he removed over 8 pounds of skin for me. To say that made me happy is certainly an understatement, so of course when I thought about another surgery there was no doubt who I would go to for the job. I am told I am OCD and a perfectionist by my friends, so I choose the best to do anything for me regardless of what it is. If you do your research, you’ll find Dr. White listed in that group everywhere you look as one of the top 10 plastic surgeons! The obstacles I had for my surgery (breast lift) were not ones that everyone will encounter. I wanted to get the breast lift done a few years ago and my husband was against it, mainly because he didn’t want to see any scars on my breasts. Even though photos of Dr. White’s work proved minimal and almost non-visible scars, he was still against the surgery saying I was perfect as I was. I settled and decided not to have the surgery…….until years later after my husband was unexpectedly killed in an accident. I had agreed with him on not having the surgery because of his wishes, but with him gone I felt that I should do what was best for me. I wanted to be able to feel good about myself again and when I saw my breasts hanging as low as they did, I had no doubt what I wanted to do. I needed my breasts done for me, and it also made me feel better about moving on romantically because my husband had always said no one would ever touch my breasts again but him. Having the surgery seemed like it changed them to be “my breasts” so I didn’t feel as if I were betraying him as his widow. I warned you that you probably won’t share the same hurdles or obstacles I did in this path. I too was worried about some scarring, but having had prior work done by Dr. White, I was confident in his word that he gave me. After the surgery, I felt good about the results of Dr. White’s work, although I did push the limits a bit and left for a 30-day radio tour on a motorcycle within two weeks of the surgery. As a result, my scarring is a tiny bit more noticeable than it probably would’ve been had I been home and not on the road for 30 days. The thing I like the most about my results is that bathing suit tops now fit better because they aren’t having to try and hold up sagging breasts, that weigh a ton and are nothing but excess skin. I feel better about myself after the surgery because I no longer have the marks in my shoulders where the weight of the former breasts caused the bra straps to dig into my shoulders all day long. The only thing I wish is that we could have incorporated a breast implant/augmentation into the lift, but I do realize why Dr. White does not do that. The purpose is to lift and adding the implant at the same time, would be unnecessary weight to help pull back down during the healing and defeat our original purpose. I love the fact that the ladies in Dr. Whites office are so personable and so amazing every single time I visit, call or ask anything. They are always willing to go out of their way to accommodate me in schedule changes, questions or follow up appointments. They are very knowledgeable and able to quickly answer questions, reassure any doubts and make referrals to someone else who has had the same procedure, to calm your nerves if you are worried about the procedure. It’s like an extended family anytime you deal with Dr. White’s staff!! Karen A.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I recommend Dr. White to any one wanting plastic surgery. From the moment you come to his office for your first visit, to your last. The care they give is phenomenal. He graciously took his time to answer and inform me on all my questions. His great care during and after my surgery showed with how quickly i recovered. I now have the best results and tell anyone I how great he is. I am thankful for how he made me look and feel!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

After having my tummy tuck done by Dr. White in September 2016 I was excited about my results but there was some other areas that needed some shape to bring out the curves of my body to get it ready for bathing suit season. I had Such a wonderful experience with Dr. White and his office staff that there was never a question that he would be the one to complete the master piece he started. Dr. White always makes sure you are knowledgeable about you procedure and always preps your body to under go surgery. He believes in paying attention to detail and everyone's body is different so he specializes your treatment to you and your body. He truly cares about you and your results he takes the time to get to know you. You are not just another number. I will tell you this Dr. White is not going to be the cheapest by any means but you know the old saying you get what you pay for it is true. I will gladly pay double in order to get Dr. White because I know #1 I am safe and #2 my results are going to be Amazing. Dr. Whites #1 Fan Christie S Luhring

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

From my very first meeting I knew Dr. White was the Surgeon for me! After losing 30 lbs in 2015 I had A LOT of loose skin. Although I was happy about my weight loss I was completely miserable within my own skin. I was so nervous about what doctor to choose and had so many questions. At my consultation all those questions were answered and all fears were put to ease. Dr.White performed a Breast Aug and Tummy Tuck on me in Jan 2016 and Lipo in Feb 2017. I could not be happier with my results!!! He has truly changed my life. He is an artist, perfectionist, wonderful person and a truly gifted surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017