Ratings for Dr. James J. Guerra

The entire staff is friendly, thorough and extremely helpful. The physical therapist I worked with (John Ianni) was accommodating to my needs and designed a perfect therapy plan I can incorporate into my lifestyle. John Ianni motivated me to improve my strength beyond my expectations.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Excellent Orthopedic surgeon. He was a second opinion after first physician told me that my daughter did not need surgery after fracturing her elbow. She was 13 and an athlete. She tumbled with a competitive cheer team 4 days a week. After her surgery she was back to tumbling within 4 months. He is brilliant and the only orthopedic I would trust with my family.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr is brilliant.... reception staff are horrible all they care about is there breaks !! WAITED 2HOURS AFTER MY APPOINTMENT TIME, WENT TO THEM TWICE !! ABOUT HOW PEOPLE HAD COME IN AFTER ME TO SEE THE SAME DR AND BEEN AND GONE AND I WAS STILL THERE !! THEY HAD FORGOT TO PUT MY PAPERWORK UP WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN then TRIED TO SAY HE WAS BUSY !!BUT Really they had forgot ! not good experience .

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I had surgery in April of this year for my rotator cuff and bicep muscle. Dr. Guerra is very caring and discusses everything very clearly as to what is happening. Also my therapy sessions are excellent. All of the staff are extremely pleasant and it is a pleasure to go to the offices and the therapy sessions. If I had to go to Dr. Guerra again I would not hesitate.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I moved here from Denver 7 months ago, with a badly damaged right shoulder.....previously, everyone I spoke with (that saw my MRI) , said my shoulder was irreparable, and any operation would only help alleviate the pain but not the movement, or lack of movement, in my shoulder and arm...it's been very depressing...I thought this was now a fairly routine operation....but apparently not with the extreme damage I had. Went to see Dr. Guerra....He's like the best of the best according to people and MD's I spoke with. So I went to see him. He said we may have a good outcome....so I went with his prognosis. got it done...and basically have a new shoulder and extremely good arm movement (like 90%). It felt so good and sturdy, that I tried to pick up the end of a King size pillow mattress 6 weeks into it....that was a mistake (although I did lift it) but it's healing very quicly, once again...and I'll be on the golf course in about 6 weeks. I'm 66.... Would I go to him again....are you kidding me???!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr. Guerra is a brilliant surgeon. He repaired my ACL and my knee is doing excellent. His therapist Brent was awesome too!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Guerra is excellent, caring, informative, patient, and personable. He reviewed my MRI and x-rays and explained/showed me exactly what I had. Surgery was not his first option with my case. I went through physical therapy. After several months with Carson, his PT who is excellent as well, my shoulder was back to normal. Office and nursing staff were excellent as well.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Guerra did my shoulder replacement and on 3 day was essentially pain free. I have nearly 100% range of motion for a few weeks and I am 10 weeks post surgery today. Other then the office being a little of a wait it is knit picking as it is clear he is accommodating emergencies. Is my only choice for shoulders in particular. He does a high volume!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Have seen him a few times and so has my daughter. We love him and his office staff. Would go nowhere else !!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Had ACL reconstruction and I highly recommend Dr. Guerra. He was recommended to me by a friend after I had went to someone else and was not happy. He is very personable, explains procedures thoroughly, answers your questions and makes you feel comfortable. His PT is excellent (John gets a huge thumbs up!) and I couldn't have had a better overall experience.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. James J. Guerra's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois