You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James J. Guerra

Dr Guerra and his staff are the best. I have been going there for years and will not go anywhere else. They are always friendly, honest, and extremely knowledgeable. That includes their physical therapy department. My total knee replacement could have been done years ago, but they advised me to wait as long as I could so that I wouldn't have to have it redone later in life. That tells me they're here for me - not for my money. I recommend them above all others!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Guerra is absolutely the "best" - just had total knee replacement after suffering for over a year. Tried alternative measures but he was right from day one. I finally listened & am so glad I had it done. Great results - back on my feet in just a couple of weeks. I am a repeat patient - torn meniscus & rotator cuff. Because of his experience & knowledge I've referred friends who feel the same way. Thanks a million!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Dr. Guerra is amazing. Great bedside manner, especially great for the young athlete. I have trusted him with my teenager for knee and shoulder surgeries; his techniques are very impressive.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

My family and I have been patients of Dr Guerra's for years, I strongly recommend him! His kindness and caring and his experience and expertise have given me confidence in knowing my treatment plan will keep me playing tennis for many years. Love how conservative he was with my knee problem, trying all options before surgery. Sometimes there is an office wait, but it shows he gives everyone his undivided attention and I’m happy to wait to receive the same. Everyone in the office is friendly and professional. He also has an excellent PT staff in the building. I feel they are just as dedicated as Dr Guerra in providing the patient with the best possible results.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Guerra was wonderful! He took time to listen to what I was saying and created a treatment plan to manage and treat my pain. They also have a wonderful physical therapy team in the downstairs office.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I am a repeat customer of Dr Guerra. I believe that he is an extraordinary doctor who cares about his patients. Throughout my treatment, he took time to explain my options, answered my many questions, and made sure that I achieved the best possible results. He is an expert in his field! I also had physical therapy through Dr. Guerra's office and found that the therapists were kind, caring and innovative. I would highly recommend Dr. Guerra and have sent many friends to him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr. Guerra has now treated three members of my family including myself. He is extremely professional, competent, and takes the time to show genuine interest in you and your needs. Great bedside manner. He is a top notch surgeon whose expertise and experience provides you with a great sense of confidence that you're in good hands and that your medical need will be taken care of in the least intrusive manner possible using the latest science and technology to correct your orthopedic need.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I am a repeat customer of Dr Guerra frankly because he keeps up with technology, has great experience and I have had great results. I enjoy him as a person and I know he really cares about his patients. Also having PT in the same building as a one stop destination is very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Guerra and would send family and friends to him.

Dr. James J. Guerra's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Guerra and his staff are the best. I have been going there for years and will not go anywhere else. They are always friendly, honest, and extremely knowledg..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra is absolutely the "best" - just had total knee replacement after suffering for over a year. Tried alternative measures but he was right from day o..."

April 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra is amazing. Great bedside manner, especially great for the young athlete. I have trusted him with my teenager for knee and shoulder surgeries; his te..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My family and I have been patients of Dr Guerra's for years, I strongly recommend him! His kindness and caring and his experience and expertise have given me co..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra was wonderful! He took time to listen to what I was saying and created a treatment plan to manage and treat my pain. They also have a wonderful physi..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a repeat customer of Dr Guerra. I believe that he is an extraordinary doctor who cares about his patients. Throughout my treatment, he took time to explai..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra has now treated three members of my family including myself. He is extremely professional, competent, and takes the time to show genuine interest i..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "great bedside manor, very up to date and did a great job of explaining all my options"

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a repeat customer of Dr Guerra frankly because he keeps up with technology, has great experience and I have had great results. I enjoy him as a person and..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very skilled surgeon. Very professional staff. He did an amazing job on both of my knees."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend Dr. Guerra and his physical therapists for anyone seeking an orthopedic surgeon. "

January 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra is great at diagnosing, explaining things thoroughly and spending time answering questions. Between him and his well trained physical therapist I ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend Dr. Guerra to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon. His physical therapy staff is top of the line and located downstairs from Dr. Guerra's o..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Guerra is considered the best by many (including myself) which means you have to be patient in the reception and to get appointments. He does take the time t..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Guerra was awesome explaining my daughters knee condition, surgery, and rehab. She is doing amazing and will be back to sports in no time."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had two surgeries in eight months by Dr. Guerra and was very satisfied with all aspects of treatment, including physical therapy."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very good experience, Surgery went great. Physical therapy staff very professional and supportive."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guerra performed rotator cuff surgery and did an excellent job"

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr. Guerra and his staff. I had rotator cuff surgery and am doing great. His PT center is tops, too. Overall, I had an outstand..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "always pleasant, answered all my questions. very helpful. would go back if needed. "

October 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Having had both of my shoulder joints replaced with excellent results I highly recommend Dr. Guerra and his PT staff."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Have had two rotator surgeries in the past 4 years and couldn't have made a better choice. With the assistance of the awesome PT team (love them!), my recovery..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the best orthopedics in the United states. Jeff Smith, Minnesota Twins "

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent top tier orthopedic surgeon with an equally high caliber of office, nursing, physician, PA and PT staff professionals. Prior to surgery for a torn q..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He recommended a knee replacement but I never saw the Dr only the OA. Went for a second opinion.a cortisone shot and some physical therapy and two years later I..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Superb doctor! Very kind and professional staff and PT. I had an excellent experience with my ACL surgery. I strongly recommend him."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "They kept placing me with his PA, never saw Guerra. I found another orthopedic Dr."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor. He fixed my rotator cuff and I'm doing great. Playing my best tennis ever."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is WOW! Tried to get my son an appointment for possible shoulder surgery and was told that he is only doing surgery on injuries that occured in o..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor and great staff. Had a great experience with my knee surgery. Couldn't have gone better!"

May 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor with an excellent, caring staff. He takes the time to answer your questions and guide you through a complete recovery."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I tore my ACL and had Dr. Guerra reconstruct it. I'm doing great. I can't thank him and his staff enough."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Guerra fixed my rotator cuff tear and I have had excellent results. Once I found out that he was chosen as Best Doctors in America every year for the last se..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Guerra and his staff are not only very knowledgeable but have a wonderful bed side manner. My surgery went great as did my recovery, no pain. ps Adam at the ..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Guerra's for three years. I have trusted in him to perform two leg surgeries in that time. Satisfied with the results is an absolut..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I ruptured and retracted two of my rotator cuff tendons and this was confirmed by MRI, radiologist report and an ortho that didn't do surgery (I didn't think my..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On July 15th, my daughter broke her right elbow while at tumbling practice. She is 13 years old and is on a competitive cheer team. Because her injury happened ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Although he may be a great surgeon, I have problems with his practices. My husband had to see him for rotator cuff surgery. For each visit, we had to wait at ..."

September 23, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=33685'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 17, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=33685'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014