Ratings for Dr. Vernishia Hill-Graham

I also left because of her staff up front they speak all of your business out loud. My issue was not with the Doctor but mainly the nurse practitioner which if you are seen by her beware she is not the brightest either. I started going to her and was done within a year. The new office walls are too so you will hear everything next to you and across the hall. Overall she did help me and she took my insurance and lab work was done in house. She has small children so it is understandably she may be out due things coming with her family. I hope things will get better for her.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

During my visit at Dr. Hill-Graham's office (new location 1588 Halcyon Blvd) I was treated terrible by her staff. Her staff that you meet when you walk through the door will be the reason she will lose many patients. I was late for my appointment but called as soon I got a chance to call to report my tardiness, the staff person I spoke with was very unconcerned. I informed staff that I was in pain and needed to still see someone. She stated because I was late I may not be able to be seen but it was the doctors decision. I was never informed at the time I made this appointment that if I am late I will not be seen. When I arrived I wasn't greeted by staff and no one said how may I assist you. When I told the lady my name is instantly said "oh see can see you today" I said why? She said because you're late. I told her I was in pain and who could I see, she just shrugged her shoulders at me. When I turned to leave and told them they can just take me off their roster, one of the staff meme era said AND! Her staff has no sympathy for the patients. The office was not full at all so I could've waited to fill an empty slot to see the doctor. My appointment was at 1:15pm and I arrived at 1: 37pm. Their office does not close until 5pm and I really needed to see the doctor. When I left I called back because I want to speak to higher authority they would not answer the phone. The hobby was full at all. I called twice with my phone number showing on ID caller and twice blocking my phone number then they answered. The lady that answered the phone I informed her I wanted to speak to higher authority or the PA to inform someone of how I was treated. She just made excuses that everyone is busy. After trying to talk to staff about issue today she hung up in my face. The staff member kept telling me because I'm a new patient I can't be seen today but I have been coming to see Dr. Graham since 2014. I felt discriminated against yesterday and I will never step foot in her office again. I really liked Dr. Graham as my physician but her staff is HORRIBLE. I was very disappointed with their services. I was turned away when I was in pain like it was nothing. She needs to re-evaluate her staff quick!!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

She moved her practice, and went on a long trip, without notifying patients. I felt like I was an irritation.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Patient, professional, and put me at ease. Walls too thin so I heard everything in the next room. Need some classical music piped in or an air noise maker. I will return after good first impression.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I was very disappointed when I went to this doctor. I had pneumonia and was discharged by her on a cold rainy day. I believe I would mot be here today if I had continued to see her. One has to wait too long when going to visit her. I was not impressed with her knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Been a patient for over 2 years now and the reason I've not switched to another doctor is because I've not found other female doctor in the East Montgomery area in my insurance plan who takes new patients. Expect 90-120 minutes wait to see the doctor. If you get to see the doctor within 90 minutes of your appointment time, consider yourself lucky. She rushes you during your appointment and you cannot get hold of her on the phone afterwards. Even though they are supposed to return phone calls within 24-48 hours, you will be lucky if they return your call at all. A simple question would require you to make another appointment which means more out of pocket cost for you for the visit and 2-4 hours of your time wasted driving to the appointment and waiting to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I needed a doctor and called Dr. Graham's office. First, I checked to see if she would take the two insurancies I had. Then I call and I stressed that I was ill and wanted to make an appointed with Dr. Hill-Graham. As a new patient I was told there was a three-week wait. Since Dr. Graham name had been given to me earlier I wanted to stick with the same doctor and went ahead and took the appointment three weeks out. On my appointment day, I arrived ON TIME and entered the required information needed for a new patient, After providing all of the required information, the receptionist then told me she had gone back and talked to Dr. Graham and she said Dr. Graham said I would have to reschedule because I should have arrived 30 minutes early. I informed the receptionist that I do not recall any one telling me to arrive 30 minutes early but I went a head and gave the office the BOD. I also told her that I was 100 percent sure that the automatic appointment reminder did not mention any thing concerning new patients which she agreed that information was not included on the recording. I also was told when I made the appointment that new patients could not be put on the daily cancellation list. I feel that something should have been reconsidered here since the appointment time was unclear and I had already waited three weeks to see her and I did arrive on time. I know there are many people who is in line for medical help and I understand that as well. During this time, Dr. Graham did glance me through the office door but never can out to see how urgent my medical needs were. There were no compassion at all nor were there any efforts to work me in a couple of days. I was very disappointed but some how I was able to keep calm and went ahead and accepted ANOTHER appointment which was another month away (11 Dec 2014). Then two days later her office called and said I need to call and make another appointment because she will not be in the office on the Dec 11 . I call the office and then they told me that the next date available on the book was 17 Dec. Called and talked to the receptionist but realized I should have involved the office manager. Talked to the office manager who was very helpful and had him cancel my pending appointment. Since then, I have found a Doctor who shows compassion and is currently running the tests that I need.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Hill-Graham was very pleasant and personable. She asked questions and gave answers in a friendly manner and made me feel very comfortable as a new patient. Her staff on the other hand has me really considering changing practices. Considering the fact that you deal with the nurses, medical assistants and lab technicians more than the actual doctor, it would be nice if they had some type of good bed-manner.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

The best Doctor in town! She has her patient's best interest and well being at heart!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Poor assessment of a respiratory problem. Ignored complains of the patient concerning unimproved shortness of breath with mild exertion X2 weeks. Dr Hill-Gram cleared patient to return to work with no improvement in respiratory status and no known cause for lack of improvement. Dr Hill-Gram informed the patient that there was nothing she could do for him and cleared him to return to work at an auto factory. Thankfully, the auto plant has policies in place that require workers to go through medical at the plant before reporting to the work area. The patient was unable to clear the plant's medical due to inabliity to pass an inhaling test, and was told he needed to see a lung specialist. This is dangerous medical practice; he could have died.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013