Ratings for Dr. Emad Mikhail

A poorly ran office, lack of attention to detail, treated poorly Issues with Record Keeping: I went in to get some tests done. The staff asked me to sign up for the online patient portal website they use. When I asked if my records would be available there, they said not automatically. I was told in order to get records of my visits and test results on the site I would have to remember to ask them to upload them each time I visited. Issue with Prescription: I received a prescription from Dr Mikhail. He forgot to write the frequency (times per day) on the prescription so the Pharmacy would not fill it until he corrected it. It was a Friday; he did not make the correction until late Tuesday, so I was not able to get my prescription until Wed, 5 days later. Issues with Billing: I scheduled an appointment for preventative care – physical and testing. I was very clear with the doctor and with the staff I did not want any test that was not covered by my insurance. I requested this repeatedly and they acknowledged my request. Subsequently I was billed for 4 tests that were not covered because the doctor prescribed a single group of tests instead of specifying the 4 tests I did need. Additionally I was billed for the physical because they did not code it as preventative care. Even my insurance company who is not in the business of paying when they don’t have to, stated I should not have to pay and this was the doctors error. Issues with Prescription Refill Requests: I requested a refill from my pharmacy. They informed me Dr. Mikhail wrote the prescription and they would need to contact him to get a refill. This did not happen immediately and after returning from some unexpected travel 2 weeks later I asked the Pharmacy if my prescription had been refilled. They informed me they had contacted Dr. Mikhail’s office repeatedly via phone and fax with no response. I called the doctors office and spoke to the head nurse Jamie who said she never received any request for a prescriptions refill. Issues with Record Keeping #2: Jamie also claimed the Doctor had never written a prescription for me in the first place. She checked the records and said there was nothing there. I later checked the prescription bottle and verified Dr Mikhail was the prescribing doctor. Staff Attitude: While on the phone with Jamie, she made it a point to state that I was wrong repeatedly and suggested maybe I had the wrong doctor. When I tried to explain to her that I had just got off the phone with the pharmacist who stated Dr Mikhail was the prescribing doctor she just talked over me and kept repeating there was no record. When I suggested that records are entered manually and are subject to human error, incredulously she asked me why I was being argumentative with her. I told her I was going to let the doctor know about the conversation she and I had. It’s a he-said she-said scenario, but when you combine this with all the other issues here…the old adage “where there’s smoke there’s fire” comes to mind. Issues with Providing Feedback Directly to the Doctor: I called back later to leave a message for the doctor to let him know what happened but when I selected the options to leave him a message I got Jamie’s voicemail box. I then called and talked to another staff member who said I could provide feedback directly to the doctor via the online patient portal website. The next morning before I could submit feedback I received an automated email stating: “You were un-enrolled from Patient Portal by your practice and cannot use the portal for communication with Irvine Internal Medical Group.” I called and talked to the staff and they said Jaime had told the doctor that I was rude to her and that I could not be a patient there or access my records. I was never planning on going to this doctor again but it seems cruel to block a patient from accessing their records. Plus I was blocked from contacting the doctor directly to let him know how Jamie treated me. I suspected this was not the first time she had had a problem with a patient judging by her oversensitivity and short fuse with me. The staff member said I could email her and she promised to forward the email to the doctor. Not trusting that, I decided to communicate what happened here and via a formal complaint to my insurance company instead.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr Mikhail almost ruined my life. Went to him for being sick. Gave me a antibiotic that had strong symptoms of anxiety which at the time I did not know. Told him the symptoms which he prescribed a sleeping pill. When the sleeping pill didn't work he said "I am depressed" gave me a therapists number and prescribed me an anti depressant. Which I did not take thank God. Do not go to this guy.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Mikhail is Very Punctual. He respects your time and doesn't make you wait like many doctors. He and his Staff are very friendly and he has an EXCELLENT Bedside manner. I have been to many doctors in my lifetime and I can honestly say that Dr. Mikhail is the Best. I have brought, both my 17 and 15 year old to him and they both think he is AWESOME too! I highly recommend Dr. Mikhail.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Mikhail and his staff are more like family than some offices I have been to. I am always treated with kindness and compation.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

My overall experinece with Dr. Mikhail and his office staff is very pleasant. They are always punctual with my appointments and my test results are delivered much faster than any other doctor that I have encountered. Dr. Mikhail spends quality time with me, making sure that I understand his diagnosis and course of action. His knowledge in the field of medicine has given me an active life style when many other doctors were perplexed by my symptoms. I don't know where I would be without him. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mikhail and feel grateful that I have him as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

The friendly, professional greeting upon entering Dr. Mikhail's is the start of a great visit every time you enter. The Dr. is extremely knowlegable and cares deeply about your ailments and conditions. My wife and I "visit" Dr. on a regular basis and he always takes a personal interest in you and your health. He is the meaning of Doctor

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Mikhail's for over ten years. During this time I have had serious illness's including an autoimmune illness / hearing loss, heart attack and seizure. Dr. Mikhail has been the one consistant person that has helped me through these critical times. He has referred me to specialist as required, and I trust him completely with my health needs. He also has a freindly personality, and spends as much time with patients as required.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Dr. needs work on communication and empathy for patients well being

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I as a new patient aged 64, male. Dr. Mikhail took significant time to review my medications made changes which reduced my costs. His staff facilitated the transfer of my files from my previous doctor. I couldn't be more pleased.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Mikhail does not practice personalized medicine nor does he care to take into account what patients learned about their own chronic or frequently occurring illnesses while under the care of previous doctor(s). He cuts you off mid sentence and, during all my visits, treated me as if i had the lowest level of knowledge and intelligence one could have about medicine, treatment, and their own chronic/persistent ailments. His office files paperwork incorrectly and then does not take responsibility for their errors. It has taken numerous phone calls to resolve an error they made on 3rd party services. The bottom line is that Dr. Mikhail lacks a good bedside manner and refuses to allow the patient to take an active role in their own health management and care.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Emad Mikhail's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1994)