Ratings for Dr. Preetika Mukherjee

Dr. Mukherjee evaluated my 12yo daughter in February, 2016. I was referred to her by my special education attorney. I was seeking private school for my daughter as she had been unsuccessful in public school for the past 6 years. When I initially contacted Dr. Mukherjee, she answered the phone herself!!! That was shocking as I expected to get her secretary or assistant. She explained to me that she answers all of her calls. Super Impressive! She began to explain the process of evaluation, how long it would take, how many days, what she would be testing for and depending on those results, would be recommending a private school approrpriate for my daughter and one that would support success and confidence. Dr. Mukherjee worked around our schedule and when she met my daughter, my daughter fell in love with her. She was kind, caring, warm and encouraging. Dr. Mukherjee performed her assessments over a 2 day process. Through the whole process she held my daughter's hand and held my hand. Admittedly, the results of her assessment were difficult for me to grapple with. Dr. Mukherjee provided me the space and comfort I needed to begin to deal with my daughter's diagnosis. Once we had a working diagnosis, Dr. Mukherjee provided a list of schools that serviced children with the same or similar diagnosis. I applied to different schools and Dr. Mukherjee would follow up with these schools by contacting the admissions office or emailing them and strongly advocating for her patients!! She was wonderful. Dr. Mukherjee even went way beyond the call of duty and visited one of the schools I had applied to....to advocate for my daughter in person!!!! Dr. Mukherjee will always hold a special place in my heart. She is the epitome of professional excellence, kind and gracious character.....and a doctor who wants only THE BEST outcome and placement for her patients.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Mukherjee was very caring and understanding towards me and my children during our visit, My youngest child is very shy around new people, but she took the time to talk to her, play games share little snacks and just made her feel comfortable, she never talked down to my kids - neither did she apply pressure if they were not ready for the evaluation. She is a doctor that talks to you and LISTENS, she makes you feel like you are dealing with family, and she speaks in terms that you can understand, and is very easy to talk to. After the evaluation she took her time with me to ensure that I understood what my children's needs were. Dr. Mukherjee is simply THE BEST! and I would not trust my children's evaluations to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016