Ratings for Dr. Philip Basile

I received excellent care from pre-op through surgery through post-op visits. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

The best foot care/ surgery/ post ops visit that I have ever gotten great job Dr Basile!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

I saw Dr Basile for a few years. He did a surgery to repair a torn tendon and ligament in my left ankle, and it went very well. Due to an inherited neuropathy, I had various issues with my feet. I started showing signs of Charcot foot. I had read reviews saying that Dr Basile became angry when questioned, etc, but I didn't believe them because it hadn't happened with me. Then when I questioned him on something, he became very defensive and kept returning to the topic after I thought we had finished our discussion! Our relationship went from him saying "we may have lost the battle (on one of my injuries) but we will win the war" to him saying "there's nothing more I can do for you. I recommend a second opinion". So I went to my Dad's foot doc and I am so glad I did. He put me in a CROW walker for my Charcot (never even suggested by Dr Basile) and eventually did a reconstruction that was successful. Dr Basile is definitely smart and good at what he does, but his attitude really needs adjustment. I would never send any of my friends to him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

My experience has not been great- I found that he changes his story and contradicts himself as problems arise and have heard this from others as well. I do think that some of the top reviews here and on Yelp are clearly solicited- some are replicas on different sites and the language used and phrasing suggest that. Some are for surgeries done many years ago or recently submitted by people no longer in the area. This is a red flag. He has an odd personality, sometimes patient but shows anger and gets irritable if questioned. My foot is still in the process of healing but I can’t recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr Basile performed surgery on my foot for a Grade III Osteoarthritis of my Big Toe Joint. The procedure was a Hemi titanium implant and 1st Metatarsal Osteotomy. Right after surgery, I was able to bear weight as tolerated with my foot in a rigid post-op shoe. I used crutches for the first 4 or 5 days. Within 2 1/2 weeks, I was walking in a normal athletic shoe and driving again. I feel very fortunate that my local podiatrist referred me to Dr Basile for his expertise in this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Dr. Basile "fixed" both my Achilles tendons. I am incredibly grateful for his knowledge, expertise (awesome), and, of course, his surgical skills. His talents gave me back my walking world. Thank you, Dr. Basile!!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I usually don’t write reviews often but I want anyone who is seeking a foot and ankle surgeon to look no further and go see Dr. Basile located at Crimson Foot and Ankle Specialists, Cambridge, MA. Briefly my left foot was flat due to bad genes and an injury that didn't tear the muscle but had lost its elasticity and bothered me when I was on my feet for long periods of time, also didn’t like the fact that my shoes didn’t fit well. I went on two different consultations at very reputable orthopedic surgeons and neither encourage the surgery and was left with the feeling they were uncomfortable with what needed to be done. I came across Dr. Basile on the internet while searching for amazing foot Dr’s and made an appointment for a consultation, at the appointment he examined my foot, with confidence told me what needed to be done and that he’s done hundreds. Dr. Basile was straight forward told me it was invasive and I would need to make arrangements with having help for the first week or two. I was so excited that I finally found the surgeon that I could trust to do the surgery. I knew the surgery was intense so my first question was what could I do as a patient to help, he showed me some stretches to do and I planned the surgery for 6 months out after the holidays. I gave the kids each a list of chores that they were responsible for and my mother and boyfriend did the rest for a week or two. It has been almost five months from the date of the surgery and I am so glad I did it, I’m back at the gym 3-4 x a week, jogging one or two days a week approximately 1/2 mile maybe a little more and wearing 2-3 inch heels for a couple of hours at a time comfortably, I also eat healthy. Was it a lot of work? absolutely, I push myself to do more and sometimes it still gets sore and a little swollen but I work through it and ice it at the end of the day. Dr. Basile did an Arch Reconstruction with Calcaneal Osteotomy plates and screws (heel realignment , ACL lengthening, bunionectomy and a mid-foot 1st Cuneiform Arthrodesis with screws basically made me a brand new normal functioning foot. The bottom line is Dr. Basile is an outstanding surgeon, I also did my part with preparing and pushing myself even when I didn't want to. The staff is great!, appointments were always on time and pleasant. Dr. Basile is professional and down to earth with a sense of humor. If your looking for miracles call on god but if your willing to go to the best and do your part as a patient then look no further.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

most arrogant doctor ever. Destroyed my foot and for some help referred me to an Internet site!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr. Basile rebuilt my right ankle. My ankle bone had been destroyed due to Charcot foot. I was seeing my regular podiatrist, but he was not qualified to treat the problems that I had. I was practically walking on the side of my foot, and I had developed an ulcer on the ankle. I was wearing a CROW walker. My podiatrist referred me to another doctor, who sent me to Dr. Basile. I had two operations on the foot, and after a year of getting around with crutches, a walker, and a knee walker, I now wear a small AFO brace and walk quite well. I am grateful to Dr. Basile and his residents for the attention and care that they gave to me over the last couple of years. I know that some doctors would have recommended amputation. This happened to my sister. She developed Charcot foot as a result of diabetes, just like me, and her foot got infected, and they amputated. What a lot of people don't realize is that there are podiatry surgeons that are able to operate on and rebuild feet and ankles with injuries like mine. I did not know this, and I figure that I am fortunate that I was sent to people who could help me. I would recommend Dr. Basile and his staff to anyone who finds themselves in the same sort of predicament that I was in. Chuck Vella

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Phillip Bassile carried out a full rebuilt of my foot for Charcote's foot in 2013/4. Although not a diabetic, the Tarsals had all shifted and I had dislocated and/or fractured each of the smaller bones in the foot. From the first visit onwards, Dr Bassile made expressly clear exactly what was wrong, what was needed to be done, what the process of treatment would be, the pros and cons, the costs and benefits and who outcome might be expected. I am a professional RN with extensive experience of orthopedics and general medical/nursing and surgical care and have run my own Medical Consultancy Companies in three countries with over 40 years of experience. Dr. Basille, from day one consultation, offered and DELIVERED expert and sensitive service - resulting in complete restoration of function to the foot and return to working as a nurse manager. There is a history with Charcotte reconstructions of failure by many surgeons of various specialties. Dr Basille delivers what he says he will. He also points out the risk if people do not follow his timetable. Is it easy, NO. It is realistic and, if followed, successful. In all my years in 5 countries including USA, UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark and Tanzania, I have not found any surgeon or practitioner to which I would give a 5 star rating. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Bassile. Robert O. RN

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Philip Basile's Credentials

• College Podiatric Medicine And Surgery University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Cambridge, MA