Ratings for Dr. Catalin G. Marinescu

Dr. Marinescu was an answer to my prayers. I don't believe I could have chosen a better surgeon. He knew the cause and solution to my pain and physical problems right away and the diagnostics confirmed it all. My surgery went as planned with no set backs or hiccups. I had no complications and he uncovered other issues I was not aware of during surgery for which I need to see a GI specialist to avoid issues later. Dr. is very very knowledgeable, humane, and most importantly patient and thorough with his patients. You will not be treated as cattle here I promise you. Wait time is minimal in my opinion and his staff is also very warm and friendly like you are family. So happy no more pain! Thank you Dr. Marinescu!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I am not comfortable with doctors and hospitals, but I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Marinescu. He is very attentive and responds to my questions and concerns in a timely manner. This was my first pregnancy, and he made me feel comfortable throughout the way. Even when there were complications, he was resourceful and diligent to ensure I received referrals and complete care in a timely manner. His staff also provides the same type of service and attention. I am so pleased with my experience that I referred my mother and good friend to his practice. I was much more at ease with my mother's procedure knowing she was under Dr. Marinescu's care. For both my mother and I, Dr. Marinescu was readily available for any questions or concerns which put us both at ease pre and post-operative. I will definitely continue to see Dr. Marinescu for my regular checkups as well as my next pregnancy!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Marinescu is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. After years of struggle with uterine issues, I was so fortunate to find Dr. Marinescu. He has performed 2 procedures for me; the first was in his office and the second was an outpatient surgery under full anesthesia. His knowledge in current medical technology is unsurpassed and his bedside manner is both caring and professional. As a result, I have been cured of years of pain which has quite literally changed my life. I cannot recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Iulia Blaga. Dr. Marinescu is very attentive, knowledgeable and always managed to put my mind at ease even in the most difficult moments. I felt comfortable contacting him at any time, since I had a high risk pregnancy. I highly recommend Dr. Marinescu and I am greatful for his care.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I can't begin to explain what an experience I had with both Dr. Marinescu and his office staff (Adriana). Dr. Marinescu is tentative, caring and always there for his patients. He listens and answers all your questions and concerns. He is the only doctor I know that gives you his cell number to call or text him for any questions or concerns through out your pregnancy. He personally will call you and review your lab results and posts them online for you to see. He is flexible with appointments, he does the ultrasounds (probably the only dr i know who does them himself) He got me through my pregnancy and brought our little....(technically big, 10.5 lbs) baby into this world and we couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I was really happy with dr. Marinescu. When I found out I was pregnant with twins I was referred to a bunch of different obgyn's. I'm very particular about my dr's. The most important things I look for are they are easily assessable, attentitive and knowledgable. I don't want to just be a number packed into a 15 minute appointment with a nurse practitioner. Dr. Marinescu always met with me directly. He was flexible with appointments and even gave me his cell phones for after hours. More important, when I met with him I felt like he cared. He took extra time to research and answer any questions I had. Also he is one of the few obgyn's that will do the prenatal care and be there to deliver you. A lot of other dr's will just put you in a random rotation. There is one last bonus you get with dr. Marinescu. He has a very good bedside manner. On the day I delivered he came to see me 3-4 times before my c-section. Each time calming me and reassuring me. He really is a nice dr. I like him so much that I have decided to keep him as my regular obgyn from now on.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I am 100% satisfied with my experience with Dr. Marinescu! I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. This was my first pregnancy and he made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The nurse is also excellent! She was always so sweet and friendly and remembered me whenever I called to ask a question. My appointments were always on time and if Dr. Marinescu had to reschedule due to another patient going into labor, I was always called before hand and given lots of options to switch. I was also very impressed with my experience with him while I was in labor/recovering. He personally came to check on my progress throughout the day (even in the middle of the night!). I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Marunescu! My husband and I hope to have more children and I will definitely return to Dr. Marinescu.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

After months of abdominal pain and frequent trips to the bathroom I called my primary care doctor who said I needed to find a urologist/gynecologist. After a lot of research I chose Dr. Marinescu based on his credentials and amazing reviews. Even though his office is 125 mile from my home I knew this was the doctor I needed. I made the appointment, he ran a few test and explained to me I had a prolapsed uterus, which meant my uterus had fell and I needed a hysterectomy as soon as possible. I had the hysterectomy within a week and while still in the hospital I felt immediate relief and little to no pain. within a few days I was back to my normal routine (even though he told me to take it easy for 6 weeks) being a mom and grandmother that wasn't an option for me. He did such a great job I had almost no pain and felt amazing. I literally took only one pain pill. I would recommend Dr. Marinescu to everyone I know. His credentials speak for themselves. Upon meeting him his confidence, knowledge and his bed side manner are like none other. I have had other surgeries before and never had a doctor call and ask how I was feeling. I've never had a surgeon with his compassion and concern, all I can say is amazing, amazing, amazing!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Pregnancy is easy, only with the right doctor. I went to several doctors in Newport Beach before I met Dr. Marinescu. I’m thankful that I found a doctor who made it easy to establish a relationship with. Dr. Marinescu is incredibly knowledgeable and honest. He actually took the time to listen and give me detailed answers to all my random questions and concerns. His office impressed me as well, it is clean and modern, and it is perfectly located across Hoag Hospital. It runs smoothly with no waiting and I never felt rushed. I loved the online system, which makes it very easy to communicate with the doctor and access lab test results. The staff is amazing. Adriana was very friendly and helpful. Throughout my pregnancy I had some complications, and Dr. Marinescu and his staff, responded quickly and even helped me take care of the disability paperwork. I was closely monitored since, and then he rocked at the last visit! He explained the delivery process in great detail. I ended up having an emergency c- section, and he showed up at the hospital in a couple of minutes, which meant a lot to me. My son was delivered safely and Dr. Marinescu checked on us every day until I left the hospital. I can’t thank him enough for what he has done for me and my baby boy. He is simply the best. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Catalin G. Marinescu's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marinescu was an answer to my prayers. I don't believe I could have chosen a better surgeon. He knew the cause and solution to my pain and physical problems..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am not comfortable with doctors and hospitals, but I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Marinescu. He is very attentive and responds to my questions..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marinescu is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. After years of struggle with uterine issues, I was so fortunate to find Dr. Marinescu. He has perfor..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Iulia Blaga. Dr. Marinescu is very attentive, knowledgeable and always managed to put my mind at ease even in the most difficult moments. I felt comfortable co..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't begin to explain what an experience I had with both Dr. Marinescu and his office staff (Adriana). Dr. Marinescu is tentative, caring and always there fo..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was really happy with dr. Marinescu. When I found out I was pregnant with twins I was referred to a bunch of different obgyn's. I'm very particular about my ..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 100% satisfied with my experience with Dr. Marinescu! I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. This was my first pregnancy and he made me feel..."

July 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After months of abdominal pain and frequent trips to the bathroom I called my primary care doctor who said I needed to find a urologist/gynecologist. After a lo..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Pregnancy is easy, only with the right doctor. I went to several doctors in Newport Beach before I met Dr. Marinescu. I’m thankful that I found a doctor who mad..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The doctor is very kind and caring, always at disposal for any questions or issues."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is my daughters first Pregnancy and I have to say that Dr Marinescu has been amazing. As a worried mother he never gets tired of my endless questions. I ..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very picky with my doctors. I usually feel comfortable only when I am sure that my doctor is highly qualified, highly knowledgeable and approachable. Dr. M..."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Started seeing Dr Marinescu, when he took over the practice. He is very knowledgable, explains all options, and runs the tests necessary to back up his recom..."

September 10, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Catalin" to "Catalin G."

October 21, 2013
  • City changed from "Beverly Hills" to "Newport Beach"

September 22, 2013