Ratings for Dr. Philip Wong

I walked into the office and had to wait standing at the desk several minutes while the staff talked about another patient. After an hour I was taken to Ultra Sound. I was not even on the list for an Ultra Sound. The Ultra Sound technician did the exam anyway. After my office visit with Dr. Wong, he spent the entire time talking to a recorder and barely talked to me as a human. He ordered a CT scan and when I told him I was allergic to the dye he mocked me by saying throwing up and stomach pain are not allergies and the contrast was more important. I refused as I have gotten very sick from contrast w/prior CT scan. He checked with the lab on my urine. In front of everyone in the lab and front desk and remaining patients he announced that there was "sugar in my urine". I told him I am a type 2 diabetic. He then chastized me about Not having good control & "sugar spilling into my urine damaging my bladder and kidneys". This was UNCALLED for to announce loudly. DISAPPOINTED!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Actually had the evidence of several large kidney stones in hand, via a previous ultrasound and one done by his own ultrasound tech, and still tried to tell me my pain was probably something else. Had very little bedside manner, was condescending, didn't want to hear what I had to say and was rather dismissive of my questions and concerns. In addition, the office staff was very rude over the phone when I was making my appointment. When I arrived, I stood at reception and wasn't greeted for several minutes, then I waited 20 minutes beyond my appointment time to be seen. After I was called I heard someone else calling for me in the waiting area. Obviously not a very well run establishment. The only good thing about my appointment was the gentleman who conducted my ultrasound. He was friendly and explained everything he was seeing to me, which was comforting and interesting. However, I will be seeking another urologist.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Wong was very courteous to me and explained all my options. Very professional and straight forward.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Wong is very knowledgeable. He is very professional and explains all the problems to me very clearly.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Arrogant, condescending, very negative bedside manner. Recommended radical treatment of bladder cancer that was rejected by second opinion. Apparently has a good reputation as a surgeon, but I will not return for treatment of bladder cancer.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Seemed more interested in convincing you of what he knew, or what he thought he knew. No bedside manner. Cancelled after 2 appts.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2006

He was very unhelpful to me, when I had to come in for a consultation about when I had my kidney stones, and he wouldn't believe me when I told him, all three of the stones were passed. He didn't have a very good bedside manner. I wouldn't go back to him again if I have a problem like that again. I wouldn't recommend him to anybody who has, or had Urology problems!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2006

Dr. Philip Wong's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1966)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Salem, MA