Dr. Dat Q. Tran

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dat Q. Tran

Best doctor ever! Dr. Tan went above and beyond to care for my daughter. His staff is warm and friendly and very welcoming.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

Dr. Tran is amazing!!! I was having severe allergies were my eye lids would close shut. I saw two allergists before seeing Dr. Tran and they were not able to pin out what was causing them or provide the best way to prevent these allergy attacks. However, Dr. Tran provided great insight and conducted the right test to prevent my allergy attacks. I am happy to say that after since seeing Dr. Tran and using the medications that he described I no longer have flare ups from allergies. He also worked with my budget as I was in a high deductible insurance plan and his team worked to get me an appointment the same day I called due to the severity of my allergies. I highly recommend Dr. Tran!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I have been having very bad allergies for years and was very tired of keep having them. I decided to see a Allergy specialist for the first time, and it was a right decision. Dr. Tran took time to give me the allergy skin tests, gave me good advice and treatments. I stop having allergy for months now and am much happier. I am very grateful for Dr. Tran and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Just the doctor I was looking for to help me with my allergies. I have recommended him to several of my friends.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Dr. Tran and his entire staff are nothing short of amazing! Service and attention to me as a patient is top of mind, always. His knowledge of AI is above and beyond others in Houston.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Dr. Tran is very talented in giving the best treatment for allergies. I was allergic to peanuts and had severe reactions. My mom heard about Dr. Tran and made an appointment for me to go to his office where my treatment started. After half a year, I could eat peanuts freely and I very thankful for what he did for me.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Have never been to an allergist before but have a condition that no other doctors seem to be able to diagnose. I was very pleased with Dr. Tran's approach - he mapped out a plan to get to the bottom of the issue with treatent to ease the discomfort, not something others seemed willing to do. Most impresdive and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

De.Tran is very knowledgeable in his field of expertise.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Dr. Tran makes understanding your allergies a breeze, and he wants you to be able to live with them or eventually quit the use of medication reliance. Dr. Tran and his team are also kind people who take their time to explain everything and make sure they assess your allergies carefully so that you can live a better life! Thanks Dr. Tran!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. Tran and his staff are great . He was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions about our children’ condition.

Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Dat Q. Tran's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dat Q. Tran is a board-certified allergist and immunologist who treats allergic and immunologic conditions affecting adults and kids. His expertise is in food allergy, allergic rhinitis, eczema, asthma, drug allergy, immune disorders, recurrent infections, dysautonomia, autoimmunity and oral immunotherapy. He received his BS in Biochemistry, summa cum laude and his MD degree at Tulane. He did his pediatric residency at Texas Children's Hospital and then went to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for his allergy/immunology fellowship and research training. Afterward, he joined UTHealth McGovern Medical School in 2009 as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. Soon after, he received a prestigious NHLBI/NIH R01 grant funding to conduct research in immune tolerance for transplantation and graft-versus-host disease. In 2015, he was promoted to Tenured Associate Professor. His passion has been in research and providing innovative treatments for patients. He has always been frustrated with the management of food allergy. Avoidance and an epinephrine auto-injector for the management of food allergy is NOT a treatment. In the pursuit of better treatments and clinic care for patients, he opened Innovative Allergy Clinic in June 2017 to provide innovative oral immunotherapy for the treatment of food and environmental allergies. He has resigned his tenured position and is now an Adjunct Associate Professor. He continues to do research and teaching at UTHealth.

• Vietnamese
  • English
  • Spanish

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Food allergy
  • Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
  • Allergies