Dr. Dat Q. Tran

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dat Q. Tran

Dr. Tran makes understanding your allergies a breeze, and he wants you to be able to live with them or eventually quit the use of medication reliance. Dr. Tran and his team are also kind people who take their time to explain everything and make sure they assess your allergies carefully so that you can live a better life! Thanks Dr. Tran!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. Tran and his staff are great . He was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions about our children’ condition.

Submitted January 15, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Dr, Tran. He took the time to listen to and understand my symptoms and correctly diagnosed what several other doctors had missed. He seemed genuinely interested and suggested several helpful remedies to help me feel better quickly. Great, caring doctor with with a good staff!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr Tran was excellent. He was very thorough and extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Tran and his staff are excellent. He was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

I usually don't write reviews, but felt compelled to write this one. I am sure everybody agrees how difficult it is to find a good doctor these days. It feels exactly like winning a lottery when you find a good doctor who takes care of you exactly as they took Hippocrates oath. This is the feeling that we got when we met Dr. Tran. We took our 7 year old son to Dr. Tran to diagnose his allergies. My son has been suffering from pretty bad allergies and they last all year long not just seasonal. Dr. Tran was extremely patient and funny when he talked to my son and put him at ease for the allergy tests. He gave us detailed explanation of his specific allergies, recommended few non-medicinal things that can be very effective. His calm demeanor and very objective analysis is best you can get.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Wow, best allergist so far. It is extremely rare to find an allergist immunologist who sincerely cares and devotes the time and commitment to my complex medical problems. I have been suffering with peanut and shellfish allergist all my life as well as asthma and environmental allergy. He and his staff are very professional. He listens to me and did all the appropriate testing to determine my allergy. He spent time explaining to me the different treatment options. Avoidance has been so tough for me with my food allergy. He isn't pushy about ollereg, which is an oral/sublingual immunotherapy that he had developed to treat food and environmental allergy. It is unheard of in medicine to be given a 6 month satisfaction guarantee for the treatment. I am now on ollereg for my peanut and shellfish allergy. I can't wait until 6 months later to hopefully start eating peanut and shellfish again. I would be happy even if the treatment decreased my sensitivity so that I don't have severe allergic or anaphylactic reaction with accidental exposure, which has been horrible for my social life. After my food allergy treatment, I will start ollereg for my environmental allergy to dust mite, cat, mold, ragweed, grass and tree pollen.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

We had a good experience. Dr. Tran spent adequate amount of time with us and was thorough in examination. He listened to and answered all concerns and questions patiently.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Tran is a great doctor. He answered all our questions. Recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Great experience and happy to meet a doctor that still practice research

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. Dat Q. Tran's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dat Q. Tran is a board-certified allergist and immunologist who treats allergic and immunologic conditions affecting adults and kids. His expertise is in food allergy, allergic rhinitis, eczema, asthma, drug allergy, immune disorders, recurrent infections, dysautonomia, autoimmunity and oral immunotherapy. He received his BS in Biochemistry, summa cum laude and his MD degree at Tulane. He did his pediatric residency at Texas Children's Hospital and then went to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for his allergy/immunology fellowship and research training. Afterward, he joined UTHealth McGovern Medical School in 2009 as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. Soon after, he received a prestigious NHLBI/NIH R01 grant funding to conduct research in immune tolerance for transplantation and graft-versus-host disease. In 2015, he was promoted to Tenured Associate Professor. His passion has been in research and providing innovative treatments for patients. He has always been frustrated with the management of food allergy. Avoidance and an epinephrine auto-injector for the management of food allergy is NOT a treatment. In the pursuit of better treatments and clinic care for patients, he opened Innovative Allergy Clinic in June 2017 to provide innovative oral immunotherapy for the treatment of food and environmental allergies. He has resigned his tenured position and is now an Adjunct Associate Professor. He continues to do research and teaching at UTHealth.

• Vietnamese
  • English
  • Spanish

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Food allergy
  • Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
  • Allergies