Ratings for Dr. Sandra Scippa

Dr. Scippa listens and provides good, balanced advice and care. Just the listening part places her above many other doctors.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Done with UCONN after 2 terrible ER visits and inexperienced internal medicine doctors. NOT acceptable.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Outstanding young doctor. UConn doctors have been outstanding and I have had 7.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I felt compelled to leave a rating since I SO agree with the review about the GI Dept......their emergency room was just as bad!!! Hardly took a medical person to diagnose a blockage when I said I had swallowed a piece of steak and was gagging........the inexperienced emergency room doctor put me on anti nausea IV which knocked me out.....15 hours later told me my heart etc was fine so she felt it was psychological and was going to send me home. NO!!!!!! I asked her to contact GI where I had had an endoscopy done three months earlier......they did have to perform general anesthesia to remove the blockage......but there had been a problem that their GI never caught three months earlier......along with a small tumor in my stomach! Like the other patient, Dr. Scippa did not confront GI. Instead encouraged me to go to another GI. Best decision......had four endoscopies in six months.......totally not necessary UConn if the problem had been reported the first time! I think experience and ability to question specialist for the sake of her patients will make her an excellent doctor....

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I am a patient who does not 'fit in the box', imhad odd reactions to medications, to illness and to situations. My first appointment with Dr. Scippa was better than I had expected. She was gentle, respectful, and listened to what I said, asked appropriate questions indicating that she understood what I said, she was easy to talk to and gave me honest straight forward information when I asked her questions.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

May someday be a great doctor, but too inexperienced to follow up with specialists. Generally UCONN doctors have NOT been a great experience for me or many of my friends. Their G.I Department is the WORST and although I believe Dr. Scippa knew that, she didn't challenge the careless errors that the G.I. doctors had made. I would hope a PCP would have challenged a specialist by at least contacting them to get info for her patient. She never followed up.......

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Sandra Scippa's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 2008)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Farmington, CT