Ratings for Dr. David J. Salvatore

Dr Salvatore is by far the best doctor I have met. Words cannot express the gratitude I have. He is so personable and knowledgable and takes time to sit and explain things to you. He made it so where I understood what was going on. I never felt like he was rushed to leave my room. I was scared when I was diagnosed with a stroke this year and Dr Salvatore did everything possible to make sure I had all the tools for a good recovery. He changed my life. I want to thank him for the care that I received. I even asked my nurse what I could do to thank him. I just can't say enough how much he helped me and my family and how I appreciate him so much. Wonderful person and amazing AMAZING doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Salvatore is far above the average doctor in Louisville. He takes his time with his patients and the families to explain in detail, in layman's terms, the condition, prognosis and even medications. He is prompt, courteous and helpful to other health care workers he interacts with. He is thorough and gets to the bottom of the problem rather than simply prescribe medicine to treat the symptoms. He is intelligent and extremely knowledgable of new treatments and on going studies in Neuroscience. His knowledge is only surpassed by his compassion. He is an asset to the Louisville Medical Community. It is clear why his peers voted him one of the Top Docs in Louisville. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing neurological treatment.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I had such a great experience. He is different from other doctors I've seen in the past. He took the time to answer all my question and really wanted to make sure I understood the plan. He is very knowledgeable and I can see now why he was voted by his peers to the "Top Doc" list last year. He is so compassionate and went the extra mile to greatly prove my condition.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

My primary care physician felt I needed to see a neurologist but Dr Salvatore was rushed, late, tired, disinterested, arrogant and dismissive after spending less than five minutes with me. These type of doctors do way more harm than good because when a patient is having pain, numbness, loss of fine motor control and weakness, it is frightening. Then you are sent to a neurological specialist who dismisses you, it feels hopeless, helpless and embarrassing. I wish I had seen a neurologist that actually cared enough to help me get to the bottom of the problem.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013