Ratings for Dr. Eric I. Ray

Dr Ray is wonderful and caring and has gone above and beyond to help get me better and do whatever necessary to avoid a lengthy debilitating neck and back surgery. His staff his very friendly and I am always in and out in a very timely manner. Have recommended him to numerous friends and coworkers.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Horrible beware, got a steroid injection, two days later admitted to hospital with meningitis

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Worst place I have ever been to, gave me a medication that didn't work b/c I admitted I had used recreational drugs to help my pain cuz nothing was helping me and he still wouldn't give me anything to help and his staff was rude and never returned my calls I had to go to the office myself and they lied to me about making a appointment b/c my medication would run out but they didn't care they want me to wait 2 weeks to get it

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

He has been no help to me or my family. Not very friendly.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I am ecstatic Dr. Ray opened his own practice - there is no longer rude staff as there was at TARPON. I followed Dr. Ray to Southlake and make the hour drive from Allen. They always work around my schedule and traffic for my appointments. Dr. Ray explains what he believes the problem to be an offers you suggestions on treatment - he answers any questions you may have. I have never felt rushed when I am with Dr. Ray or Summer. I will always be a believer in Summer and Dr. Ray and their dedication to their patients. Summer and Dr. Ray have gone to bat with my insurance company to get the procedure I needed approved - they were relentless!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I was seeing a pain specialist for 3 years. I was referred to see a doctor at Tarpon for my pain needs after seeing an Orthopedist. I went that day to see, what I thought was a pain specialist, however I saw Dr. Nickson, a Podiatrist. This visit was great as he spent plenty of time with me and we he wrote me out a plan for surgery for my ankle for a total ankle reconstruction surgery. However I was discharged. I didn't understand. I told them I was saw the doctor before for a pain specialist. I saw Eric Ray. He wrote me a script for 120 10/325 a month. No refills. Had to call them in and he was never on time. I begun calling them in 2 days early as my refills came in on Saturday's or Sundays. He called me in the next month, paid another visit pay, he told me that I would need to schedule my surgery with Dr. Nickson. He knows and I explained to him that I dont have the 10's of thousands of dollars to get the surgery done. He refused & wouldn't see me anymore. He is also RUDE as hell!!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I went to see Dr. Ray for elbow pain I was having back in March. It took at least 45 minutes to get to the patient room. Then, I had two nurses come in over the span of 30 more minutes. Finally the doctor came in to look at my elbow. He came in looking disheveled, unshaven, and overall unprofessional. He spent maybe 3 minutes max with me and declared it was "probably just a bone spur" and told me that I should do specific exercises they gave me. After he left, he told me the nurse would be back with me shortly. I waited another 30 minutes only to have the nurse come back and tell me I was good to go. I decided to get a second opinion and have since learned that I need surgery for a torn triceps tendon. This guy is a brand new doctor and does not have enough experience in my opinion. I would not recommend him. I felt very rushed with my actual time with the doctor. It seemed they were more interested in getting to lunch rather than dealing with a patient.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

Waited for over an hour to be seen. This doctor has a policy that if you are over 20 minutes late, you owe them a $500 fee. If you cancel less than 24 hrs prior to your appointment.......$500 fee. Thats great, I'm going to send them a $500 bill for him being over an hour late for my appointment. My time means nothing?

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr. Eric I. Ray's Credentials

• Spanish

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Amerigroup