You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Allan J. Belzberg

I saw Belzberg for nerve damage in my leg as a result of total knee replacement. After he introduced himself he asked me to tell him why I was there. After I got out 2 sentences he yawned. He the told me to "live with it" before he even looked at the nerve conduction report. I gave his PA. I immediately got up and started to leave the exam room when all of a sudden he changed his tune and acted concerned. Too little to late. I don't tolerate having any medical person treat me that way. Stay away from this guy!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Belzberg actually gave me my life back. I would have been paralyzed or died if he had not perform my cervical myelopathy decompression. It was almost 100% closed. I was in a wheel chair could not walk and my pain was unbearable. I had two strokes due to complication association with my condition. I can only speak for myself, but in my opinion and experiences with him I rate him the best if not one of the best in the WORLD. After surgery I only had to use pain medication for a short period for pain. I no longer use a cane, walker and do not have to use a wheel chair. I am in my sixties and not perfect so age has its own challenge. I can walk without pain after the surgery. Having dark skin he made sure I did not develop keloids. I would recommend him to anyone. He stood by me 100% before and after surgery and will continue to follow my progress as long as needed and necessary. I had my surgery on November 24, 2015. I am sorry others did not have a similar experience as I had. I would also like to mention since I do not accept blood transfusions he agreed to accept other options of my religious conscience. He definite has a since of humor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

My spine was closing in on my spinal cord at a rapid pace. Eleven years later, I have the occasional problem but am much better. And what is most important is that I'm not worse. He's the best!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Treat only low risk patients who will have a successful outcome and dump the rest, deny them, refuse to refer them elsewhere, and pretend you never did actually offer them treatment options. If you want a doctor who doesn't even examine you to assess your injury, won't review your records, won't call you back, and is unresponsive, then this is the place for you. I hope someday doctors like Dr. Belzberg become needy patients themselves and get treated the same way my husband was treated by him and his exceptionally rude and unprofessional staff. lack any ounce of compassion and kindness.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Twenty one years ago on April 29, 1994, Dr Belzberg performed the removal of a Cerebellar Hemangioblastoma and undoubtably is the reason I'm alive today. The operation was perfomed on an emergency basis and without doubt is the reason I'm here to express acknowledgment today at age 81. Thanks Doc, I'm old and grateful.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr Belzberg is one of the best Neurosurgeon's in this country, maybe even the world! I should know he operated on my neck in 1992 and I am still doing great! Not only did he operate on my neck, but when my elderly mother need neck surgery I of course took her right to Dr. Belzberg! She got the best care in the best hands!! Yes it does take weeks to see him but that is logical he is the Best! It does take time in the waiting room, but if you need extra time he gives it. He also sends you for test the same day and even see you back the same day at times! I spent three years seeing specialists and got no where and living in pain; and Dr. Belzberg and his team at JHH were the only ones who could find the problem and help me! I would recommend him to anyone and I have! I think he is a compassionate person and thank God he has a good sense of humor, because that is what you need to be in his line of work. One time he told me that he does not like seeing children patients and when I asked why he said, " he hates to see them sick, he just feels so bad for them" that is a doctor that has feelings and the kind of Doctor that feels for his patients!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

WOW!! The evaluations are all over the place on Dr. Belzberg Having spent time in the waiting room I can tell you why. Thee are patients who come from all over the country to see him with complex problems no one else is willing to see. Patients get frustrated that he could not help them and get angry at him. Others he had operated on were doing great and singing his praise. I was astounded at how much time and effort he put into sorting out my medical problem but he could not offer a fix. That is OK, he helped understand why and what options were left. I am not angry at him and would recommend him to anyone in need. The people who right negative reviews about him are simply angry and taking out on him. I am not sure how he manages to keep his cool given some of the reactions I saw...one person screamed a the desk clerk for Dr Belzberg keeping them waiting 30 minutes....that extra time was spent with me!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I highly recommend Dr Belzberg. I read the comments here and decided if he was good I don't care about his bedside manner. I was looking at spinal surgery and you don't want some bozo playing around there. I was pleasantly surprised to find him attentive, knowledgable and explained everything well. I went under anesthesia at peace knowing I was in good hands. I had an excellent outcome as well. His staff is great, my wait time was reasonable and here's a bonus, he's got a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I LOVE Dr. Belzberg! Eight weeks to get an appt is understandable when one sees patients from all over the world!! When treating me, he explained thoroughly my issue and my options. He is familiar with the charts before he enters the room. He is direct and very straight forward. He has answered all of my questions even the dumb ones. He has true interest and caring for his patients. When he has been late for my appointments, it was because other surgeries have run long. If I was the person on the operating table (and I was) I would hope he would spend that time working carefully on me. His clinic staff do everything to keep him on time and are responsive to follow-up appointments and inquiries.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

It took 8 weeks to get an appointment. I waited 2 hours in the office after my appointment time. He had not even looked at the MRI test which he sent me to have done before the appt.. He didn't answer my questions and seemed indignant that I was unhappy.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Allan J. Belzberg's Credentials

• Univ Of Calgary, Fac Of Med, Calgary, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1982)

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Belzberg for nerve damage in my leg as a result of total knee replacement. After he introduced himself he asked me to tell him why I was there. After I ..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Belzberg actually gave me my life back. I would have been paralyzed or died if he had not perform my cervical myelopathy decompression. It was almost 100% ..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My spine was closing in on my spinal cord at a rapid pace. Eleven years later, I have the occasional problem but am much better. And what is most important is..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Treat only low risk patients who will have a successful outcome and dump the rest, deny them, refuse to refer them elsewhere, and pretend you never did actually..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Twenty one years ago on April 29, 1994, Dr Belzberg performed the removal of a Cerebellar Hemangioblastoma and undoubtably is the reason I'm alive today. The o..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Belzberg is one of the best Neurosurgeon's in this country, maybe even the world! I should know he operated on my neck in 1992 and I am still doing great! ..."

April 15, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Allan" to "Allan J."

October 20, 2013