Ratings for Dr. Dwain E. Woode

I am angry at the patients with negative comments. First of all, for whatever your reasons are for having a not so stellar appointment, perhaps you should reexamine your visit. Dr. Woode responds very well to patients who are informed, COMPLIENT, ( if you don't know what that means, google it) and ask intelligent questions about their situation. Frankly, he's the only one who with MY participation has turned my a1c from a 10 to a 7.3! I am always nervous about going to the Dr. He's very busy for a reason, so I write down my questions, bring my meds with me and he assists ME in my healthcare! I'm so sorry you're not happy. Perhaps you should try again, since he IS superior to the other endocrinologists in this area. I have an issue myself on a prescription refill and it's hard to get answers, but it's my fault for making a mistake. The doctors are there to give you the facts. Grow up, they're not available to hold your hand as they are too busy doing their job. Off my soapbox, now...

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I went to see Dr Woode with the hopes of clearing up some of my symptoms that coincide with hypothyroidism. I mentioned several times that I had several hormonal issues of which he never once asked me to elaborate on. I have a thyroid nodule and he told me none of my symptoms (of which he did not know) could be related to that. He then proceeded to tell me that I would most likely die of something else before thyroid cancer and that there were no symptoms to watch for. (what???) After several months of waiting for this apt, I was so hopeful that I would have some answers. I sat face to face with him almost in tears as he told me the thyroid was complex and maybe they would know more about how it works 10 years from now, but not to get discouraged. He left quickly and I was alone with his nurse who then told me to "Keep it real" and then left the room. I still cannot believe I paid him for this "appointment." My mother gives better advice...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have been having conflicting results for over a year. His answer was the results show..I too can read! As he showed me the results on his ipad. I asked to have him explain the CT scan....oh he doesn't read them they are read by someone in MN! So every patient is to be text book?! U do believe there are better doctors HIGHLY MORE QUALIFIED! if you want to get an answer ask for your test results to be emailed to you. I'm not sure where he got his PhD but I'm betting on the same place I got my divers license.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have seen doctor Woode for the last year for diabetes. He seem knowledgeable and OK. He is by the book, which means whatever is the current basics is what he does. His staff however are terrible. I missed an appointment due to travel, called two weeks in advance and was told the next appointment was 3 months down the road and I would be put on a waiting list. It has been 6 weeks now with no contact. I am now out of one of my prescriptions because his staff call them in and for some reason this particular one had one less refill. So I go to the web portal and politely asked for a refill call in to my pharmacy. I received an email from the office manager that since this was outside an office visit there would be a charge of $10 to call in the prescription and that I would have to call the office and give them a credit cart before they would call it in. I was to say the least appalled. Looking for another doctor. I can afford to go anywhere and 10 bucks is nothing, it's the principal of the matter. Go elsewhere if you can.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Do not see Dr Woode. He has no compassion and does not answer your questuons. My experience there was not good at all. I am not a person to complain alot, but I want people to read this and not go see him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

This gentleman is not my close friend. He has earned his degree in his specialty area and I think he is competent, courteous and very effective. Dr. Wood treats patients with respect. He take the extra time to speak to me from his heart, and he entertains my questions. It is sad to say that "quaks" can claim that they are better able to analyze their condition than an experienced specialist. Well, I fail to support malice; I have first-hand experience with this confident, brilliant endocrinologist. I appreciate his dedicated service to this community.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

My GP referred me to Dr. Woode for thyroid issues. On my first visit, we discussed my symptoms and decided what tests to run, which he only wrote orders for half of. On my second visit, he reviewed my labs and told me I should feel just fine and told me to eat 750 calories each day, which is just plain negligent. He wanted me to have an ultrasound done (because I'm fine!) so I did that. It has now been nearly a month since I had that test done. I called to get the results since I had just recently been in his office and was told that I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE AN APPT. TO GET THE RESULTS! This doctor may be fine if you are diabetic, but knowledge and bedside manner leave much to be desired for anything more than that. I will not be going back as it is obvious that he has no plans to listen to the way his patients feel - you are only a lab value.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I am very dissatisfied with my appointment today. I have been waiting 2 months for this appt. to check my thyroid. I was very dissappointed with the attitude with the doctor. It was like he was not concerned with my symptoms and he had a smirk on his face like I didn't know what I was talking about when I am the one that is sick. His knowledge on the thyroid is not what it should be.I was asking all of the questions and he told me that thyroid did not cause the symptoms but later said that it did. Which one is it Doc? It was insult to injury on top of sitting in the lobby for 1 hour and 40 minutes. He may good at diabetes but he knows nothing about the thyroid unless I just came on the wrong day. I spent 4 1/2 hours away from work for nothing. I hate that BCBS will have to pay him because the service that I received today sucked.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

My wife went for a consult about Hypothyrodism. Dr. tried to talk to her about diabetes which she is not she is insulin resistant. Told her she shouldn't take cytomel for no other reason than it was harder to regulate. Do no go there.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Great Doctor with very friendly staff, I am a new patient and so far I have been very please with the services received.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr. Dwain E. Woode's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am angry at the patients with negative comments. First of all, for whatever your reasons are for having a not so stellar appointment, perhaps you should reex..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr Woode with the hopes of clearing up some of my symptoms that coincide with hypothyroidism. I mentioned several times that I had several hormon..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been having conflicting results for over a year. His answer was the results show..I too can read! As he showed me the results on his ipad. I asked to ..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen doctor Woode for the last year for diabetes. He seem knowledgeable and OK. He is by the book, which means whatever is the current basics is what h..."

December 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=3363671'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.6

February 6, 2014