Ratings for Dr. Hoon Yoo

Had 3 cysts on my cervix. He removed them (cone biopsy) and during 6 week follow up he than told me they hadn't turn cancerous.. He also made it very clear to me I need to have more checks up from now on. He is a no nonsense kind of doctor, straight talk which I like. If your not thick skinned you could be easily be offended. The other Doctor I had before him just BS me and talk in riddles so I decide thru a friend to choose Dr Yoo for a second opinion.. Surgery is very scary but with a knowledgable and experience doctor like Dr Yoo it sure takes the pressure off. He is going to be my doctor from now on..

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I have been dealing with Dr. Yoo for 19 years. He has gotten me through three c-sections and two other surgeries. Even though he is a little hard to understand, he will get the point through to you and doesn't get aggravated if he has to repeat himself. After one of my trips back to the hospital after having my second son, I don't believe the man goes home. Almost every time I looked out my window his car was there. One morning I even woke up with him sitting at the foot of my bed. He was very concerned. I find him to be very caring. I rate him a great doctor and terrific surgeon. There are no guarantees in life and as long as you feel that your doctor does his best. That's all he can do. I definitely would and have recommended him and Women's Healthcare to others and as long as they are in business I will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2008

Dr Yoo was recommended to me by my family Dr. I had been feeling weak, and he sent me for a battery of tests which disclosed a serious cyst problem. the result was a supercervical hysterectomy. The surgery and recovery went very smoothly and I must say I haven't felt this good in years. I actually like the fact that this Dr is all business, I wasn't looking for a warm bedside manner, I was looking for a correct diagnosis and gameplan- that's exactly what I got. I would recommend him...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

I was a first time young mother and let me tell you Going to that practice was the WORST Mistake I ever made. My son was born 3 months premature because I had Pre-eclampsia w/ HELLP Syndrome and every visit I went into I was always told everything was just fine. Then when my child stopped growing Dr. Yoo who I had never seen before said to me I wasn't eating and I could barely hear him to begin with, I explained I always ate and he yelled and said I was not eating and accused me of dieting while pregnant. Finally after 5 trips to the ER They realized I was sick. I had my son who was born 3 months early at 16 oz and all to do to the pre-eclampsia w/ HELLP Syndrome. They had also had informed me my son's insides where growing outside his body. When in all reality nothing was wrong But, I had to cry and worry for a fews days before seeing a specialist. They didn't help me at all all they did was cause a massive amount of stress for the 6 months I was pregnant. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Saw him for several years, he even performed my laproscopic sugery. If you can get past the fact that you can NEVER understand most of what he says, you'll be fine. Don't expect a warm, comforting OB/GYN, he's all business and rather gruff - may be a cultural difference, not sure. He seems rather knowledgable, unless you don't fit inside the box of a typical diagnosis. Even after surgery, no one could tell me what exactly was wrong, and therefore there was nothing that could be done. However, if you have to pick a doctor out of this practice (because there are so few in the area), I would go with Dr. Yoo; he's usually right on schedule, and as long as you aren't having problems, he's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2007

Dr. Hoon Yoo's Credentials

• Catholic Med Coll, Chongno-Ku, Seoul, So Korea (Grad. 1967)