Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Soffer

Part two (CONTINUED) I insisted that I was leaking lots of fluids, so he sent me to the hospital. When I got there, they checked again, it was my water and in fact I was dilated to 3 cm (he said I was less than 1 cm an hour before). I had developed maternal fever and infection being with a broken water over 24 hours, he forced me into a C-Section. My birth was not enjoyable, in fact he had ruined my happy moment. I was planning natural birth, yet I ended up with a C-Section due to his negligence. They had put me on a lot of drugs for the infection, so the birth was blur. The thing that makes me VERY mad is that due to his HORRIBLE CARE my child had to be put on a strong dose of antibiotics as well as a precaution. My scar took a long time to heal, matter of fact I still had an infection after being discharged. He put me on different drugs to which I had developed an allergic reaction. HORRIBLE, just HORRIBLE experience!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

When I first started seeing Dr. Soffer, I really liked him. I was seeing him for prenatal visits, and they were no longer than 5 minutes. Towards the end of my pregnancy, that's when I started to realize that he is not a very caring doctor. He works with Dr. Frisolli for ultrasounds who had told me that my baby's weight was less than 5 pounds at 37 weeks and that she was extremely small (I delivered her at 38 weeks at 6,5 pounds!). My water broke and he told me to meet him at the hospital, he never showed up but had a practitioner treat me who did a cotton swab test and said it wasn't my water because the color wasn't turning a certain way. They had sent me home. I came the next day to him leaking fluid and contractions, he did the same test and checked me told me I wasn't dilating and I wouldn't be at his office if I had contractions because I wouldn't be able to walk. (continued in next review)

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Throughout my pregnancy, I loved Dr. Soffer. But everything changed as soon as I delivered. First, he practically forced me into a C-section, telling me that my baby was too large. He was born at a normal weight. I had two internal infections following my surgery and then my incision would not heal. Dr. Soffer told my husband and I to put hydrogen peroxide on it and it only got worse. He sent me to the Wound Care Clinic where I was informed that putting peroxide on the wound is an antiquated practice and the worst thing you can do. I told Dr. Soffer and he got mad, telling me that they've been doing it like this for 50 years. Worst of all, he screwed up my son's circumcision. He didn't take enough skin off and it has reattached numerous times. My baby is in pain and has had to undergo painful detachment twice. Now, we have been referred to a urologist who has to perform surgery that requires general anesthesia. He took one look at my son's circumcision and exclaimed "bad job."

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Great, kind, caring and patient doctors. He always answered all my questions during my pregnancy always returned my calls himself and gave me an appointment at a moments notice if I was worried. I love his happy and nice demeanor. The office staff go above and beyond to make your experience pleasant. I HIGHLY recommend. Dr. Soffer was a 360 change from the OB who delivered my first child I wish I had met him sooner.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

When I was about to deliver which was after hours, and he knew I was about to deliver because I saw him 2 days before. I called the office. No answer, nor voicemail. A recorded service said press 1 if you're having an emergency and nothing happened. It just rang and rang and no one picked up. So I went to the hospital nonetheless. This happened to me 2 nights in a row when I was in labor. Infuriating! Women, be warned.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I recommend Dr. Soffer if you are looking for an obgyn because he is helpful, listens to you, a kind a caring person overall. I was really impressed when I called his office and I got a phone call back from the Doctor himself. Staff is friendly, office is clean and you can always get an appointment when you need one.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

He is a great doctor who is very caring and will answer any question you want, just don't forget to ask questions and do not be shy to ask. I think his happy attitude is very healthy for a pregnant woman.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Very knowledgeable and caring. Always takes the time to answer questions and address concerns.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

I have been with Dr. Soffer for 20+ years and am very happy with him and the group. He is a very caring doctor and is easy to talk to. You always get special treatment and you are never rushed. I recomend him to anyone. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey L. Soffer's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1975)