Ratings for Dr. Mary M. Nave

Nice office if you want doctor led care for your child. Suggested natural remedies vs. chemical products. If you are wanting to be a part of your child's healthcare decisions this is not the doctor for you. This doctor is pro immunization (CDC viewpoints) and pro hospital care only & has questioned a parent's ability to provide healthcare for their child.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

The office staff and the other doctors are great, but we will not be coming back because of Mary Nave. We had previously been getting a birth control prescription for our older teenager from this office. The office had us make an appointment as a "follow up" of the birth control prescription before we could get it re-filled. Dr. Nave flat out refused to re-fill the prescription, saying that prescribing it would be like "giving you a prescription for cigarettes", and then went on to say that birth control doesn't work and is the reason that there is such a high abortion rate in the country and that condoms and other forms of contraception rarely, if ever, work. When we asked if she had any other alternatives for us, her only suggestion was to "be chaste". Now, we have to wait weeks to be re-filled by another office. Doctors like Mary Nave are the reason teenagers get pregnant because she refuses to give them the contraceptives they need to have safe sex.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

We love this office. We did not have a pediatrician choosn at the time our childs birth. They were the Dr. Lowers and Dr. Navahi were the on call Dr's and they were wonderful. This office has a great balance between old experienced and the new aged ideas and experience. We feel that the Dr's in this office think with common sense, which seem hard to find these days.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

We love Dr. Lowers in this office! She even remembers us when we come back. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Dr. Margie NP is also GREAT. We had had only good experiences with this office.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr. Nave is extremely thorough and makes my kids feel comfortable. She keeps detailed notes on her computer of each office visits and emails in prescriptions which I find to be a huge plus.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Good doctor and very knowledgeable, but poor judgement of character. Had preconcieved notions about us before knew us as people. Overall a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Love this pediatrician's office... they are so kind and so helpful. Dr. Nave is great and Dr. Lowers is amazing. Nothing but positive experiences.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I had the worse experience with Dr. Nave. I would not recommend her to anyone. When I first met her I thought she was so nice but after my son developed his first medical problem I was quickly dismissed and even asked why I would switch insurance at such a time...my insurance is through my work I had no control over it. I have never been so hounded by an office for money and would never ever take my kids back.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Nave is AMAZING, hands down, the BEST Dr. I've had for my three kids! If you call her with a question about a sick kid in the middle of the night, she calls you back within minutes! She never rushes you, she treats you like a friend and is genuinely interested in REALLY taking care of your children. The other doctors in the office are wonderful too! I make appts with all of them! Best Doctor's office I've ever been to! The administration is wonderful and that's ALWAYS hard to come by. I switched from another Templeton office bcs of the staff who ran their desks. I LOVE this group of women doctors!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2010

Dr. Mary Nave is a fantastic pediatrician, and her nurse practitioner Margie is great as well. They share the office with Dr. Nahvi who is also a great pediatrician. Our kids love them and so do we. If our kids are sick, they can always work us in on the same day.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

Dr. Mary M. Nave's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Diego, Sch Of Med, La Jolla Ca 92093 (Grad. 1993)

UnitedHealthcare