Ratings for Dr. John R. Johnson

Dr. Johnson left me crippled. He did not do what he said he would during surgery and it ruined a year and a half of me life, he was content to let me go on living this way. I found another Dr on my own, he was amazed that anyone would do this and let it go. Thank God he was able to fix everything and today I am upright and living again. Please avoid this Dr

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

DrJJohnson. what have you done to me ??? You had an appointment with me. made by you r office staff then treated me like a piece of Dirt when I got there. resulted in my having to be see in Norton ER . Where I was referred to Norton Spine Institute and I later found out you had interfered with that as well. that is not all I discovered you interfered with . when you knew I had ( and still have a Full Grade 4 Spondylolisthesis ) I think you have. all along.. been at the root of my difficulties getting and keeping a Competent Spine Dr.. since the passing of my Very Good Spine Dr! I have to agree with the Nurse that rated you. right on track! I. too. am a retired nurse.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Worse experience I have ever been through,he would not listen to me as far as my problem,he knew it all no matter what I tried to tell him,I have been through misery and pain since him and the hospital got done with me as a lab rat.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I had spinal fusion at L4-L5 over 4 years ago and have done great! I did exactly what dr Johnson told me after the surgery and still feel good.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I have been operated on by Johnson about 10 times, now that I'm 70,& he's fused everything, roded everything, I feel he doesn't wan to be botheted with me any more....like him saying" there's no more special operating procedures to do on/with you, all lumbar are fused, rods in, everything is decompressed, etc you're getting too old, you need to go to a pain specialist now. I have known him for 13 yrs, first op even ended with MRSA, & I stuck with him for many more ops. He lives to operate, not to give care.....im a retired RN, know people(psych), & have been a warrior for myself...Im single. Literally feel my problems stem from all the surgery, now M stuck & in a lot of PAIN WITH A DR WHO DOESN'TCARE! Now what John Johnson?!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I would not take the time to leave this review if it were not to help others. I also was recommended to Dr. and traveled from out of town to see him. My first visit he was very egotistical and showing off for a student. He said he could perform the major surgery that I needed. I did not have a great feeling about it but went ahead with the procedure of a multilevel spinal fusion. The hospital experience was a nightmare the nurse said he did not believe in strong pain meds. The suffering was inhuman. My follow ups with him he said the X-rays looked fine and he was out the door. One year after continued pain. I saw a neurosurgeon and my fusion never took and I had hardware just " sort of floating around my spine" . The neurosurgeon redid the complete fusion and the experience was a breeze compared to what he put me through. I found out the way it was suppose to be done. No one should ever have to experience what I went through by this person.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Easy to understand. Explains everything in common terms. Good

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

He and Shields fused L2-3-4-5 and S-1. I complained of pain for 18 months. Was told, it's your weight and it takes a year to heal. At 18 months he finally ordered CAT. Office made apt twice when he was out of office. I took records elsewhere. Had 2 broken screws the whole time. Spent fortune on pain management, even had radiofrequence where they cut nerves in back. They never bothered to follow up on my test. So wish I'd taken a better stand, just wanted it fixed and out of pain so I promised next surgeon I wouldn't take action. Took 10.5 hr surgery to undo their mess.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

This is one of the most disorganized and clueless medical offices I have ever visited. The staff is often confused, it takes forever to get requested documents, if you set an early morning appointment at 8 am they show up at 8:15. If you say you want a follow-up appointment they try to schedule you for an x-ray even after you've been there several times. It takes over a month to get a recommended MRI scheduled. If you try to get records to another doctor or physical therapy, it takes about five requests. Dr. Johnson seems clueless about the operation of the office and if you bring it up makes it sound as if that is part of his plan to see if you get better. This office is just atrocious.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Dr. Johnson saved my wife's life 14 years ago. She suffered from osteoporosis and she broke her spine. He was one of very few doctors in the United States who was able to do a procedure using a revolutionary surgical method at the time. The other respondent do a great disservice not only to Dr. Johnson, but to potential clients who Dr. Johnson can help.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. John R. Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)