Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Tancer

I've been going to Dr. Tancer since I was a kid, & he has always been there when I needed! Great family doctor! I recommend him all the time!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Terrible doctor, spiteful and weird, not for me or my family, do not recommnd at all!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

The Bad Reviews are real!! Please read: SHOCKING BILL! met with dr tancer for a routine cold. spent approx. 5 minutes with me and wrote me a prescription. I received a huge bill in addition to my co-pay. After paying the bill blindly i thought to call my insurance company and ended up getting them to pay an additional $55 that should have been credited to me b/c i had paid out of pocket over and above the insurance amount. When i called the Dr. Tancer he told me flat out no and refused to reimburse me. He was not willing to work with me or hear me out. I was so shocked because he did come recommended. I was treated horribly. Go at your own risk!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Tancer will squeeze you in even if he is about to leave for the day and does his best to help you feel better.Moody?? somtimes but with the way Insurance is today, he is probably a bit overwhemled @ times..just a guess..I recommend *

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

He is an extremely rude and inconsiderate doctor - do not waste your time! I can go on and on but it's not even worth it

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Tancer is a wierdo! He doesn't care about his patients and I think is a bit bipolar. He said he wouldn't call in a prescription for me when I was very sick and let me suffer. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN AND HIS PRACTICE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr Tancer is like an old Family Dr. He takes time to listen to you and if he can't help he will send you to someone who he thinks will help. His moods can be up and down and sometimes will talk too much about the costs doctors have to face like insurance. If he is in a bad mood.... I have see him for many years and he has always helped me even calls me up to make sure everything is ok. He has waived payment when I didn't have insurance or charge me little for a visit. I feel very comfortable seeing him and will continue. He is a caring Dr. Helped me with my depression and took time to talk to me for a very long time. He is a very caring dr. but sometimes I think overwhelmed with too many things. I would send anyone to him.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Great Doc. Very caring. Helped me immediately and I was better very soon after

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT DOCTOR TANCER TRULY CARES. MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND ARE VERY HAPPY WITH HIM. WE WERE REFERRED TO HIM BY A FAMILY WHO HAS BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR OVER 20 YEARS. THE DOCTORS IN THE PAST THAT WE HAVE USED RUSH YOU IN THE OFFICE AND OUT OF THE OFFICE, AND THEY DON'T EVEN REALLY DISCUSS THE ISSUES OUT HAND...DR. TANCER ON THE OTHER HAND WILL TAKE TIME WITH YOU WITH SEEMS TO BE UNHEARD OF IN TODAY'S WORLD. I FAILED TO MENTION THAT IF EVEN IF HIS OFFICE IS CLOSED AND YOU CALL, YOU PROBABLY WILL GET HIM LIFE ON HIS CELL PHONE AND HE WILL MEET YOU AT HIS OFFICE. HOW MANY DOCTORS WILL DO THAT. NOW, WE LEFT PREVIOUS DOCTORS FOR NOT ACCURATELY DIAGNOSING OUR RESULTS WITH ANY ISSUE WE HAD, AS WITH DOCTOR TANCER I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT NO DOCTOR IS AN EXPERT, SO WITH THAT IN MIND IF YOU ARE DIAGNOSED WITH ANYTHING YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GO FOR A SECOND OPINION. IN CONCLUSION, DR. TANCER CARES FOR HIS PATIENTS OR HE AT LEAST TRANSCENDS TO HIS PATIENTS

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr tancer is a credit to the profession if it was not for him i would be dead today. He has taken care of me for 10 yrs. and i could not ask for a better doctor!!!!HE IS TOP SHELF

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

Dr. Richard B. Tancer's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1984)