Ratings for Dr. Willard D. Thompson

The Nurse or office manager here is one of the rudest people I have ever come in contact with dealing with the public. I Upon first contacting the office, this "lady" abruptly cut me off to tell me that my son had to have a CT-Scan in order to get in the see the neurosurgeon. I had no idea where to start, so she suggested I call my Primary Care Physician. It took over a month to get a in to see the PCP, another 8 days to get a pre-certification from Medicaid; an additional week to get an appointment to get a CT-Scan; and, a couple more days for the referral to the neurosurgeon. Well, after finally working through all of that...afterwards, she informed me that she would ask the Dr what he wanted to do and call me back. Two days later, she called to inform me that a CT Scan wouldnt do and Dr Thompson wants an MRI. She then denied ever talking to me about the CT Scan and said that I made the decision to get one on my own. Wow! The doctors who employ these office managers that treat their customers with no respect or compassion are not doing themselves any favors. I am at a loss right now. My son is disabled and is awaiting entry into a special training school in Warm Springs...not sure if he will even be able to do with the amount of time it has taken to complete the application...

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Thompson performed intricate neurosurgery on our infant son. He was wonderful - patient, professional and kind. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Dr.Thompson performed two surgeries on my son. He was wonderful. He answered all of our questions, and was very patient and professional. I could not have asked for a better surgeon! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

For once, a surgeon with great bedside manner. In my estimation, he is an extremely competent surgeon, a good communicator, and pays attention to peripheral issues.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

He was very knowledgeable about my condition and the surgery that he performed on me!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Savannah is very lucky to have Dr. Thompson's knowledge and skill of pediatric neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

I found DR thompson to be very helpful and also kind. I would also use him again

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

I sustained a broken back. I did not choose this doctor, he happened to be the junior partner that was assigned to me in the hospital. The doctor will not answer my phone calls. He will not answer my questions.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2006

Dr. Willard D. Thompson's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)