Ratings for Dr. Alfredo Nova

Dr. Nova is more concerned with ensuring he isn't held liable for retrograde decisions than he is for his patient's quality of life. He doesn't care about you as an individual--he cares about making sure he won't be sued at a later date for you changing your mind concerning a major surgery that will prevent you from throwing up everyday, feeling dizzy, and being in severe pain. He is completely unprofessional and avoided talking to me over the phone or seeing me in person for 2.5 weeks--mind you, 17 days of constant pain and rarely being able to leave my house--because he allowed his religious beliefs to make an impact on my life and my choices. Dr. Nova does not view patients as being autonomous and does not care about what is best for YOU. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and have multiple cysts that are growing and rupturing with the largest at approximately 6 cm now. Sounding incredibly educated, Dr. Nova stated that "these things just happen sometimes" when I asked why I had a cyst this size in the first place and, after scheduling and then cancelling my surgery to remove the large cyst and my uterus, he stated that my cyst and the pain it was causing was "not really that much of a problem" and he "feels uncomfortable performing that kind of a procedure on someone without children". My lifestyle choice/health/happiness is more important than the unlikely potential I would ever have or keep a child (especially considering Endometriosis lowers fertility rate??). Get your shit together, Nova.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

PLEASE, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!! THIS IS THE WORST AND I MEAN THE WORST OB/GYNS I HAVE EVEN EXPERIENCED! I WENT IN FOR FIBROD REMOVAL CAME OUT WITH KIDNEY FAILURE FROM THE PROCEDURE HE PROFORMED! THIS HAPPEND TO ME IN 2014 AND LET ME TELL YOU IT HAS TAKEN ME THE LONGEST TIME TO EVEN SAY HIS NAME OUT OF MY MOUTH! I NEARLY DIED. I WENT IN FOR A SIMPLE OUT-PATIENT PROCEDURE AND ENDED UP STAYING IN THE HOSPITAL OVER A MONTH BECUASE MY KIDNEYS FAILED DUE TO HIS MEDICAL MALPRATICE. PLEASE, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. TO THIS DAY, I STILL HAVE THE FIBRODS IN ME AND I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE BY ANY OTHER DOCTOR BECAUSE OFDR. NOVA! AT THE TIME I WAS ONLY 30 YEARS OLD AND IN PERFECT HEALTH. IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD COME TO THIS SITE EVERYDAY TO RATE THIS DOCTOR AT 0%. I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE AND WAS TRANSFERRED TO SHANDS HOSPITAL IN GAINSVILLE AFTER A WEEK OF HEADING DOWNHILL.AT 30 YEARS OLD, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE ON A DYALYSIS MACHINE FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE ALL OVER REMOVAL OF FIBROIDS! GOD WAS WITH ME! BUT THIS DOCTOR, NO WAY! PLEASE, SEEK ANTOTHER ONE. HE IS TERRIBLE AND I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS AFTER WAITING IN HIS OFFICE FOR 8 HOURS TO EVEN BE SEEN ORIGINALLY. THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE. KEEP LOOKING PEOPLE, HE'S NOT WORTH IT!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr nova is excellent Doctor I have too much financial problem when I was pregnant. I don't have insurance I was so hopeless but one of my friend helped me & gave his contact number. I went to his office he helped me more than my expectation he is not money minded doctor at that time he is like a god for me I never forget him I always suggest my friend to go to dr Nova We can give your Nepali friends the dining table.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Spent an hour waiting for him. I understand his time is valuable, that's why I showed up to my appointment early. Clearly he doesn't value mine.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I'm going to him for my second pregnancy due to a coworker telling me about this doctor. Dr. Nova and his staff is awesome.. The wait times are hectic which can be a bothersome if you're in a hurry. But other than that I love it...

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr Nova was my daughter's doctor for her first pregnancy. Yes, there was frequently a wait at the office but he was always there for her throughout a rather challenging pregnancy. His bedside manner is really impressive. He is very personally involved with his patients and cares a great deal. I do feel that for his sake he needs a partner or a Nurse Practitioner in his office to offset the wait time and to assist him. He has many patients and he does everything alone. I do not know when he sleeps ! He is very experienced and has an old school way about him. I would recommend him if you want a doctor who cares and is very experienced.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Nova accepted me as a patient after I left the office of Hall and Morales. Hall accused me of being anorexic when I began my pregnancy at a healthy weight and gained a total of 31 pounds during the pregnancy. Dr. Nova was very respectful and very kind. I completely recommend him. Please be prepared to wait as his practice is very busy.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I would not recommend this Doctor to anybody period. I Went him back in 2007 because I had friboids and he and his nurses and staff was a mess. He was telling me I needed to get pregnant. I ended getting another option and went to Spurgeon McWilliams and he was shocked when I told him Dr nova told me to get pregnant. He eas like you dont want to pregnant with friboids. Why would he tell you that.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

i was in the emergency room with a very large sis he did not help me he left me in the room for 3 days until i check myself out. He was more interested in flirting with the technician in helping me. That was 8 months ago and i'm still in horrible pain he told me surgery was too expensive and i don't have insurance. i could have made payment then he didn't wanna talk about it

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014